Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Spring Forward weekend

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default It's Spring Forward weekend

In case you haven't heard, this is the weekend when we lose an hour.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

On which day? Sunday? Luckily my phone changes automatically so I just re set everything to the time my phone is on LOL.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

3. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Makes me mad! I don't want to give up my hour and no it won't do me any good when I get it back sometime in the Fall.
    Virginia

5. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

I hope my phone changes automatically. That's the only clock I have in the house, except for a time site on the computer. I wish it would stop changing. The days of giving farmers an extra hour are past.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

7. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

funnylegs, officially Daylight Saving Time begins at 2 AM Sunday but I think of it as starting sometime on Saturday night. It's too much of a shock to wake up on Sunday morning and find out it's an hour later than I thought it was. I ease into it on Saturday evening.

I'll need to set my watch (some people still wear those) and microwave and stove clocks but the cellphone, landline phone, computer, and clock radio are supposed to reset themselves. The watch I have to wear for the study I'm in sets itself too. I'm not sure what the iPad will decide to do.

I'm struck by how few clocks Howie has.

Then I remember--he has Sam. A cat is an excellent clock.
    Last edited by agate; 03-07-2020 at 12:12 PM.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

Yes, Howie has Sam, but he needs to get her a dog. The video that Rose posted over at her place was one of the cutest I have seen. Sam would raise a dog for Howie.
    Virginia

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Newer smart phones will change automatically. Older phones often change after the first incoming call.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    funnylegs, officially Daylight Saving Time begins at 2 AM Sunday but I think of it as starting sometime on Saturday night. It's too much of a shock to wake up on Sunday morning and find out it's an hour later than I thought it was. I ease into it on Saturday evening.

I'll need to set my watch (some people still wear those) and microwave and stove clocks but the cellphone, landline phone, computer, and clock radio are supposed to reset themselves. The watch I have to wear for the study I'm in sets itself too. I'm not sure what the iPad will decide to do.

I'm struck by how few clocks Howie has.

Then I remember--he has Sam. A cat is an excellent clock.
    Thanks so much!!! I wear a watch too but use the time on my phone to reset it. iPads should reset like computers do but I do not own an iPad so I have no idea for sure.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Abolish Daylight Saving Time!

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

ABOLISH DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME!

Like so many things, it is antiquated and unnecessary. It's also unhealthy.

https://www.health.com/condition/sle...e-health-risks

Changing all of the clocks is a nuisance, but expecting our bodies to adjust to an hour difference in our schedule causes an array of bodily responses.

It messes me up for a few weeks every single time for as long as Daylight Saving Time has existed. Seems like an eternity to me.

Tomorrow is the day, when I start answering Jim's query as to the time with, "Well, the clock says 7, but it's actually 6." I can become annoying with that observation after a few days, but that's what I have to do to reckon with the change in time.

It was particularly troublesome with scheduling Jonathan's and Michael's medications. That can also affect anyone. Just that one hour could be problematic. And then, it is easier to lose track, since many people have a set schedule for taking meds.

I don't know anyone, who actually likes and/or looks forward to the time changes. If only we could all get together and march on the streets to have it abolished. But then, we can't do that, because ... Corona Virus. Since the time change affects our bodies, this would be a really good time to abolish it.

Speaking of the C-virus ... schools are closing, but Disneyland is still open for business. From decades of experience, I assure you that "The Happiest Place on Earth" is also "The Germiest Place on Earth."

And speaking of clocks ~ the clock over the door in Jonathan's room wasn't changed the last time, because I can't reach it and refuse to climb on a step ladder. So, tomorrow, it will finally be correct. However, the clock over the closet in the office was changed last time, and I can't reach it, so it will be incorrect.

ABOLISH DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME!

If I used Twitter I'd hash tag that and hope it would trend. I have no idea what that means, but I'd do it.

Yawn.

See? I'm already tired.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I’ve been up since eight.

Peter just came down and asked if that is “old eight” or “new eight?” I said, I’m not doing that!

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast