X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

((((((Hugs to All))))))*

Sunshine ~ I hope you are able to get your IVIG. Thinking of you ~

Dental appointments ~

Yesterday, I told Nancy that if COVID-19 lasts for 18 months, I don't think I can go that long without having my teeth cleaned at least. It has been 5 years since I had my teeth cleaned, and and I have gum issues. I'm certain that I'm going to need a lot of work done, as a result of being unable to make an appointment for myself in the midst of all that's been happening in our life these past 5 years.

I also haven't had my eyes examined for 13 years, so my glasses are scratched and not really correcting my vision as they should, of course. But that will have to wait too.

This would have to wait even without COVID-19, for the same reasons that I haven't had the opportunity to take care of my eyes and teeth. Or anything else.

Public Service Announcements:

The IRS has extended tax filing to July 15, 2020.

The U.S. Postal Service may require your signature upon delivery, if you order stamps by mail.

This happened to me. Our mail carrier explained that mail fraud is prevalent with the pandemic, where people claim that they ordered stamps and didn't receive them, then want their money refunded.

This didn't surprise me. People are desperate, out of work, not getting a paycheck, bills coming in, afraid of getting the C-virus, not having toilet paper ... and isolated at home.

This pandemic seeps deeply into every crevice of our usual existence and completely disrupts the flow of our typical life. We are stressed, and we are afraid, and people panic.

It's difficult not to feel that way, when we know that there aren't enough test kits for the virus to properly assess how many people are positive. If you want to be tested, join the NBA. They seem to get tested without any delay.

I've also learned that people, who have COVID-19 are most contagious, when they are asymptomatic. Not sneezing or coughing on us, but shedding the virus through breath and touching.

I guess we all need to be aware of potential scams and fraud now. Just another side effect of COVID-19.

Be well and stay safe everyone. Our prayers are with you all ~

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

:) My friend Kim in Canada said she sent me a card with $50 in it on the 10th of March. I still have not received it. I sure hope it is not lost. I had several long distance friends call yesterday. It made my day even better. Jeanie :)

Comment

I am indeed going to IVIG today. Visitors are not allowed, so people will be spaced out, and bathrooms will be rarely in use: how it should always be imo.

Yesterday I saw urologist to r/o UTI. They had good safeguards in place. Barely any patients there. Lobbby was set up with 4 chairs only. Sentry at door took history, no friends were allowed into the building. Took me right away, and scooted me right out.

Zero traffic. Was a fruitful visit.
        Rest of visits are telemedicine and i gotta say that is a great way to go for severely impaired ppl and hope it lasts past COVID as a treatment available and reimbursed by medicare.

My hoiusekepper is coming this week. We have safeguards in place and its worth taking the chance.

Comment

I lucked out yesterday and right before noon ( when all non essential businesses in MA had to shut down, I found a wonderful place where they cut my dog’s nails. I can give her shampoos but knew the nails were something I can not do. In all the rush to find staples like toilet paper I bet there were a lot like me worried about grooming their pets!

I also got my car serviced....and inspected to get new sticker......came home to spend the day reading and coloring....started to relax about life. Then local news reported that my small town had 5 confirmed cases of Coronavirus! Ouch. Too easy for me to feel invincible.
          Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Exhausted. Too much to do to prepare for COVID, tomrrow will be much better.

Comment

:) I finally received Kim's card and money today. She mailed it at the Post Office in Ottawa on the 9th. 17 days. I guess they are not sorting all the mail. Jeanie :)
              Last edited by Jeanie Z; 03-26-2020, 12:48 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Glad to hear this Jeanie. Enjoy spending it.

Sunshine, I am so exhausted too. I haven't had any help in 7 weeks now. I need Laura, but do not want to let her come in the house. I am also exhausted because when I do have to sit down instead of reading I listen to the news and of course none of it is good. My fault for doing that, but I am always wanting to hear the latest.

Saw Newt Gingrich on TV today. He is in Italy stuck in the U.S. Embassy with his wife, who is the Ambassador to Italy. Anyway, he was touting his new book. I think the name of it is Shadow Down. He said it was an adventure book and told about the two main characters. The man was a former Navy Seal, who had been in a helicopter crash and gotten burned real bad. He got hooked on opioids while recovering. He was still battling that while fighting Russia. Actually, it did sound good, but I am not paying the price for a hardback book regardless of author. He says he is washing his hand 10 to 15 times a day.
                Last edited by Virginia; 03-26-2020, 01:03 PM.
                Virginia

Comment

I just ran to the store to cash in my change, and get a few things. But I forgot I had pulled $10 worth of quarters out, so it wasn't much. I got a pack of cigs, and came home.

I didn't see anyone wearing masks or rubber gloves. That's good, because I don't have either. I will do my payday shopping on the 3rd, mail off my bills, and will stay in for a month. I hope everyone had a good day!
                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

The dreaded virus is spreading, 54 cases here today, 5 hospitalized, 1 in ICU. That's 9 more than yesterday but only a couple of days ago there were just 3! 3 of the cases are children, 20 are 18 to 49, 14 are 50 to 64 and 17 are +65. Of course, before they weren't doing testing, but just the same it makes me very nervous. The piers are closed to keep people who are too dumb to keep apart from others, now they are closing beach parking areas and campgrounds. One big regional park will be used to care for infected homeless people. What a mess were in and of course it's raining too.

I read that a Cal Poly (college) student got it but has gone home. Wonder how many other students took it home.
                    My brother's x has a 19 year old daughter attending college in Arizona. When school shut down she flew home thinking she could run around with her old friends in LA. Her mom (and the governor) forbid that activity so the brat got on a plane (again!) and flew back to Arizona where mom couldn't control her! WOW!!! Teens think they are invincible!

I think of all the people who have no insurance. They may avoid seeking medical care because of the costs. And the many homeless, of which CA has 1/3 of the nation's homeless population. Again, what a mess we're in!
                    We have a rentals which provide us income. We told each of our tenants that taking care of their families, food and utilities is their first priority. If they could not pay rent, not to worry. One family with 3 small children has already taken us up on that. He's works in construction and that has been shut down now.
                    SS and a pension will sustain us provided that doesn't fall apart!

Put in an Instacart order last night. Soonest I can get delivery is Monday. Can't get many things. My son in San Diego tells me the stores are sparsely stocked and they now aren't doing deliveries because of it. That makes no sense to me. I hope he's wrong about that. A friend of theirs is out of a job and was just hired by Amazon to do deliveries from his own personal van! The delivery people are overwhelmed with the added workload.
                    One of my brothers is a Fedx driver close to retirement. He's being run ragged and scared he will become infected, but needs to work to pay for his recently purchased condo. He's lost a lot in the stock market.

Okay I've griped enough for one night. Hope you are all doing well. Stay in and healthy please. Good night.

P.S. Hope Dahlia's snow smile puts a smile on your face.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Forgiving tenants their rent payments if they're having difficulties is very generous of you, nuthatch, and I'm sure the tenants appreciate it.

Some cities have put a temporary ban on evictions:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Maybe if enough people try to be kind and decent to one another, we can get through this coronavirus without too much damage.

One problem might be that after it runs its course, it might still come back to haunt us. And there could easily be other "novel viruses" cropping up all over the world.

Some of the precautions we're needing now may have to be permanently in place.

I don't know. I'm just guessing.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

:) Nuthatch you are such a nice person. Love Dahlia's photo. Stay safe. Jeanie :)

Comment

Nuthatch, Dahlia always puts a smile on my face as do Tula and Everett. Now, if we could just get a few more of William. Nuthatch, you are a good person and obviously your DH is also. We always knew that. I believe that in one way or another you will be repaid 10 fold for all that you do and try to do for others. I feel for your brother. So many people are ordering on line now that they can't get out. I have ordered some things in the last few days and I almost feel guilty about the people who are delivering the things, but these are things I would have ordered anyway, since I already order a lot from Amazon.

I think our governor is going to talk in a minute, so I will come back soon and finish.
                          Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by Virginia View Post
                            Glad to hear this Jeanie. Enjoy spending it.

Sunshine, I am so exhausted too. I haven't had any help in 7 weeks now. I need Laura, but do not want to let her come in the house. I am also exhausted because when I do have to sit down instead of reading I listen to the news and of course none of it is good. My fault for doing that, but I am always wanting to hear the latest.

Saw Newt Gingrich on TV today. He is in Italy stuck in the U.S. Embassy with his wife, who is the Ambassador to Italy. Anyway, he was touting his new book. I think the name of it is Shadow Down. He said it was an adventure book and told about the two main characters. The man was a former Navy Seal, who had been in a helicopter crash and gotten burned real bad. He got hooked on opioids while recovering. He was still battling that while fighting Russia. Actually, it did sound good, but I am not paying the price for a hardback book regardless of author. He says he is washing his hand 10 to 15 times a day.
                            I found it crude that he used his air time to sell his book. Just didn’t seem right
                            Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Originally posted by nuthatch View Post
                              The dreaded virus is spreading, 54 cases here today, 5 hospitalized, 1 in ICU. That's 9 more than yesterday but only a couple of days ago there were just 3! 3 of the cases are children, 20 are 18 to 49, 14 are 50 to 64 and 17 are +65. Of course, before they weren't doing testing, but just the same it makes me very nervous. The piers are closed to keep people who are too dumb to keep apart from others, now they are closing beach parking areas and campgrounds. One big regional park will be used to care for infected homeless people. What a mess were in and of course it's raining too.

I read that a Cal Poly (college) student got it but has gone home. Wonder how many other students took it home.
                              My brother's x has a 19 year old daughter attending college in Arizona. When school shut down she flew home thinking she could run around with her old friends in LA. Her mom (and the governor) forbid that activity so the brat got on a plane (again!) and flew back to Arizona where mom couldn't control her! WOW!!! Teens think they are invincible!

I think of all the people who have no insurance. They may avoid seeking medical care because of the costs. And the many homeless, of which CA has 1/3 of the nation's homeless population. Again, what a mess we're in!
                              We have a rentals which provide us income. We told each of our tenants that taking care of their families, food and utilities is their first priority. If they could not pay rent, not to worry. One family with 3 small children has already taken us up on that. He's works in construction and that has been shut down now.
                              SS and a pension will sustain us provided that doesn't fall apart!

Put in an Instacart order last night. Soonest I can get delivery is Monday. Can't get many things. My son in San Diego tells me the stores are sparsely stocked and they now aren't doing deliveries because of it. That makes no sense to me. I hope he's wrong about that. A friend of theirs is out of a job and was just hired by Amazon to do deliveries from his own personal van! The delivery people are overwhelmed with the added workload.
                              One of my brothers is a Fedx driver close to retirement. He's being run ragged and scared he will become infected, but needs to work to pay for his recently purchased condo. He's lost a lot in the stock market.

Okay I've griped enough for one night. Hope you are all doing well. Stay in and healthy please. Good night.

P.S. Hope Dahlia's snow smile puts a smile on your face.
                              Nuthatch I posted something today that I thought you would like. It has your name in the subject of the thread.
                              Linda~~~~

Comment

My County has been under a "Shelter in Place" order for awhile, but Governor just put whole state of NC on a "Stay at Home" order until April 29th. This is a tough one, but I realize necessary. I have medicine that needs to be picked up and don't know how to get it.

A number of years ago there was an upheaval in my neighborhood. I was involved in it and it caused me a lot of anxiety and stress. I was mostly involved because I was attending HOA meetings, but also because I was then seeing an Attorney. There was a small group of people in the neighborhood who wanted to sue our HOA using the Attorney I was seeing - free of course. So, I would not go along and told him if he sued my community I would not see him again. He didn't sue and the people that wanted to were quite angry with me. It was only about 6 to 8 who were actively involved in that group. Well anyway, today I went out on my porch to get a package that had been delivered and one of the main people in that group, who I had avoided other than to just say hello showed up at the bottom of my steps. She handed me a bag, told me she had been thinking of me and if I needed anything to call her. The bag was full of fruit, apples, oranges and grapes.

Everything has been fine with all my other neighbors that were in that little group, for many years. I had tried to just say hi to this lady and otherwise avoid her because she had been quite ugly during that time, calling me on the phone and just being kind of mean. I don't know what brought this on, but I appreciated the fruit. I will send her a note to let her know. Maybe she has mellowed with time.

Another neighbor just called and is bringing me some chicken and rice she just made, which I will have tonight for dinner. Glad because I was going to eat the same vegetable soup I made Tuesday and I had already had that for 3 nights. I am leaving her some of the fruit hanging on the door knob and she is going to leave me the chicken and rice. So good exchange.
                                Virginia

Comment

Working...
                                X