March chitchat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Virginia View Post
    Agate, I had finally agreed to a "wellness physical" with my PCP on April 20th. I feel sure it will be cancelled. A small filling came out of a tooth, but unless I begin to hurt which I don't much think I will, I will not call the Dentist. My eye appointment is due and I feel certain my glasses will changed, but that will not happen until things change with COVID19.

Nuthatch, I think you know how I feel about that photo you posted of Tula and Dahlia. I thought I had seen some cute ones, but I believe that one beats all. I am not sure which one I want the most Tula or Dahlia. Of course if I got one I would have to take the other. Anyone can see they couldn't be separated. They are definitely best friends. I love both those girls - the little one and the big one.

Maybe call the dentist and ask what to do? And what not to do? And the consequences of waiting. The COVID is going to get worse, not better, before it gets better...

Comment

Well Agate, you know my office door is always open! I even keep a pair of pliers ready!
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

((((((Hugs to All*)))))) ~

nuthatch ~

Add me to the list of joyful folks upon viewing that precious photo of Tula and Dahlia. There is something special between children and dogs. I've been watching You Tube videos of dogs, of all sizes and breeds, interacting with babies, toddlers, and young children. The dogs are so protective of "their" children, and the children are just fascinated and delighted by the dogs.

Although my boys were adults, when our stray Cocker Spaniel adopted us, her attention toward them was the same ~ protective and loving. During Michael's final hospitalization, she laid under his bed every day for 3 weeks. She divided her time between Michael's bed and Jonathan's bed. She knew that she had to watch out for Jonathan.

Please keep posting photos. I love them!

agate ~

I think that you were wise to cancel your appointments. Unless it is urgent, or vitally necessary, it makes the most sense right now.

Jim's oncologist's office called on Monday to cancel his appointment on March 23. I intended to cancel it anyway, because Jim isn't up to going, but COVID-19 sealed the deal on that decision. I called today, and his next appointment is July 17. I remarked that COVID-19 will probably still be around then, probably worse than it is now at the rate we're going in combating it here.

I'm so happy for you that you can connect with your grandson via the internet. Do you have FaceTime? Or Skype? Maybe you could get that set up so that you could have real time on line visits.

I can relate to your hair cut situation. I've been thinking about cutting my hair. I think it's longer now than when I was in high school! John's niece is a hair stylist, and she comes to our home to cut our hair. But we've all been so busy, and Jim's health was a factor. She last cut my hair on October 5, 2018. Yikes! I need a snood! Now, with this virus, I don't feel safe around anyone, including John, because he is still working in, of all places, grocery stores.

Apparently, young people aren't the only ones, who aren't taking this seriously. I've read a series of articles on line about middle aged people, who complain about their parents in their 70s'-80's, who still think that it's okay to do all the things they're used to doing. These Seniors appear to be oblivious to the gravity of this virus, particularly for them.

And the young folks are oblivious to the possibility that they could transmit the virus to their grandparents, who could then die, because they (the young folks) were irresponsible and foolish. And, let's face it, self-involved.

This pandemic doesn't care who we are, how much money we have, if we're an NBA star or a paramedic or a plumber, a child, teen, adult. It is indiscriminate. We are told that the majority of patients with COVID-19 will recover. But that is little comfort to those of us, who know we won't be among that number.

Virginia ~

I agree that you should cancel your appointments. If you can get by waiting to have them, that's the best option for now. For all of us, I believe, it is the best option.

Sunshine ~

I also agree with you that this virus will get much worse, long before it gets better. Dr. Fauci says it may take 18 months to develop a vaccine. So, we better get used to hunkering down in our homes.

Prayers for all and healing energy to everyone ~

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
        Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Maybe the COVID-19 outbreak reaches a peak and then ebbs off, or at least that's what it seems to be doing in China--if this account is believable:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

This explains things a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by agate View Post
              Maybe the COVID-19 outbreak reaches a peak and then ebbs off, or at least that's what it seems to be doing in China--if this account is believable:

I think it started to “ebb off” because China finally started practicing the recommended behaviors we are now taking here...although it took a while for us because so many in this country were told the pandemic was a hoax...

I was thinking that people like us have a head start in adjusting to being isolated....finally, something I can do better than most!
              Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Just testing my effort to change the picture that shows up with my posts.

I thought Munich’s paining The Scream would be good to use. I have a coloring book from the Chicago Art Institute.....keeps me busy and happy to color!
                Last edited by Lazarus; 03-20-2020, 06:25 AM.
                Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Thank you, Linda, I just sent that to Mom.
                  ANN
                  There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

My two next doctors rescheduled: One is doing telemedicine, the other (a new one) is using a telephone (Monday’s

IVIG is for Wed. So far, not a word: i will call them this week.
                    Cannot find flour anywhere? You?

Comment

I hope you are able to get your IVIG, Sunshine.

My gyn cancelled a routine appointment for mid-May. And I got an email saying most other appointments will be tele-medicine. I’ll miss a primary care, ENT and Derm appointment. Nothing crucial. Best practice is to stay home.

ANN
                      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

I had a tiny filling come out of my tooth and wanted it put back in. Had already decided not to go now, but got my confirmation last night when Lester Holt did a show having on some very good experts. People were sending in questions and Dental appointments was one of the questions. The short answer was a firm "NO".

What I have read is that the Wuhan Virus started to slack off in China when they really cracked down on their people going anywhere. Being an autocratic government they can do that pretty easy. Hong Kong which is about 50 miles off the coast of China and also The Philippines did not fair so bad because they cracked down on social contact right away.

Things are not looking good here right now. I wish everyone would stay at home like I think all of us are.
                        Virginia

Comment

If the tooth isn't bothering you, why not let it wait a while? But infections can start up where a filling has fallen out, and sometimes only an Xray will show that happening though eventually you'd notice a problem.

You might want to call your dentist's office and ask about that tooth and its filling. They might be able to tell you how long you can safely wait.

(Speaking here from quite a bit of experience with lost fillings and dentists. I haven't yet found the right pair of pliers to be my own dentist the way some talented people here do.)
                          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Agate, I think the Dentist office might be closed except for emergencies. They are asking Dentist to donate some of their stock of mask, gloves and personal covering. However, even if they are open I don't like the idea of anything being put in my mouth or anyone getting as close as the Dentist would need to. That is also the reason I am not going to my eye doctor. He gets very close when examining my eyes.

Hope Sunshine can get her IVIG and that they will not have anyone close to her.

Did y'all know my Rebif is made in Italy? It has never been made in the U.S. I am wondering if there will be a problem getting it in the coming months. Every box I have had in nearly 20 years has had "made in Italy" on it.
                            Virginia

Comment

:) I too have a tooth that has a hole in it but no pain so I think it is an old nerve removed tooth. I do not intend to go until this virus runs its course.

Sunday is my 79th birthday and Andy and Torre are going to come and bring me a dinner. I worry a little that Torre works cleaning houses for several different people. I just hope there has been no exposure yet. I will not have any more people other than Andy come from now on.

When Andy shopped Friday he bought two weeks worth of food so we may skip next week's trip. I am playing computer games and sleeping a lot. Even though I seldom go out knowing I cannot go is strange. I always had the option when I felt good. Take care everyone and stay safe.

I am praying for all the medical personnel taking care of patients and for all the people who have the virus. Jeanie :)

Comment

Jeanie, even though I didn't go out a lot, just knowing that I could and now can't makes a big difference. I cancelled nail appointment yesterday.

Today, I drove to the Post Office and put a birthday card for my younger brother in the outside box. I also picked up my mail. I had not gotten it out of the mailbox since Monday. I was getting it more often when Laura was coming, because she got it once and I got it once. Everything seems still and quite.
                                Virginia

Comment

Working...
                                X