March chitchat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeanie Z View Post
    :) Shortly after the PT lady left I started sneezing and I sneezed all night. I went through a whole box of Kleenex. I am coughing and have a sore throat but no fever. My nose keeps running and I took an antihistamine.

My friend Liz dropped off some chicken noodle soup last night and this afternoon she brought me some more.
    She does not come in as she does not want to catch what I have.

My sinuses are full and my forehead feels tight. At least I have no fever so it must not be the C virus. I have absolutely no energy and am so tired of my runny nose and coughing. Please say a prayer for me. Thanks, Jeanie :)
    Sinus infection?
    Many in my area have a bad cough and a sore throat: lasts about 2 weeks, some developed into bronchitis. Keep nursing yourself, if necessary, a trip to PCP if it worsens in a week?
    Sorry you are suffering Jeanie.

Comment

Jeanie, I am sorry you are not feeling well. Being so tired does sound like allergies.

Last Friday I went on all my errands. I did not realize when I left home how cold it was. The wind was just whipping. At one point I thought it was going to blow my hair straight up, and it was a cold wind. Saturday morning I woke with a very sore throat. It was sore again yesterday and today. I also have a slight cold. I think I am going to beat it without taking any medicine. I hope you will be as fortunate. This is that time of year. I also have allergies, so we have that to look forward to.

I hope you feel better in a day or two. Glad your neighbor is being kind enough to bring you soup.
      Virginia

Comment

Anyone remember me fussing about one of the lights being out over one of my bathroom vanities? Well, I fixed it. I got on a milking stool I have and held on to the side of the mirror frame and changed it. Somehow that light was getting on my nerves, so I just took care of it.

I got up and took thyroid medicine about 7:30 this morning. I went back to bed. About nine I remembered that I wanted to make potato soup today. So I got up and put it in the crock pot. I laid back down for another 30 minutes and got up at 9:30. I fixed mini pancakes and an egg. Then I chopped 1/2 cup of onion and put in my soup. So now I am just letting it cook on low in the crock pot. Nuthatch should be here. She likes potato soup too.

I haven't seen Laura in ages, and she hasn't called. She told me she was coming back from Mexico last Thursday and would call me, but I haven't heard from her. This will be the 4th week she has not been if she doesn't come this week. I am trying to do half of everything one week and the other half the next week. I put clean sheets on my bed every week and clean my bath and keep the kitchen cleaned every week. In addition, last week I dusted all over the house. This week I will do bed, bath and kitchen and then in addition I will vacuum the floors and mop the kitchen and baths. If I do not hear from Laura within a day or two I am going to call someone else. This is frustrating.
        Virginia

Comment

I hope you can find someone more dependable than Laura has been, Virginia.

Back when I had helpers, there were some people who wouldn't show up when expected and I wasn't notified. The agency would try to find a replacement for that day (usually impossible) or as soon as they could find one. Sometimes I waited a few weeks but sometimes they came up with one fairly soon.

It's a shame that people doing this important work aren't paid more. The helpers I had tended to be people who were overloaded with more than one job and lots of responsibilities aside from their job as a helper. Some weren't very well qualified for the work. If the pay had been higher, the agencies might have been able to attract more responsible and qualified people.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Hello from Boston where it’s 72 and climbing. In early March!

I got up at 8:30 AM, new time (7:30 old time). This is how Peter and I will talk for a few days.

Jeanie, I hope your cold passes soon. You, too Virginia.

ANN
            There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Virginia, glad you have your light back. I’m hoping you can sort out the cleaning lady situation soon.

ANN

Comment

Looking for my thread on MMJ . It was a long thread. Can you see it?

Comment

Might this be it, Sunshine?

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Jeanie & Virginia ~

Sending healing prayers that you both recover quickly. Please take super good care of yourselves.

Jeanie, I'm glad you're getting PT.

Virginia, I think you need to find a new cleaning person. You've been patient with Laura for a long time. You need someone dependable. You're working too hard in Laura's absence.

ANN ~

It's so hard to adjust immediately to the time change. I'm trying not to do that with Jim, because he's confused enough about time as it is.

Blessings, love and prayers to all ~

Love & Light,

Rose
                    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Tomorrow is IVIG all day long. Today is getting ready for it, packing up the gear and the food etc. It is freezing there. I saw someone used an electric blanket. So, I bought one on line, the smallest I could find, but its still big, like twin bed size. I will bring it to see if its too cumbersome. THe cold is the worst part of the procedure. 8 hours of coldness.

I am there way longer than any other patient...

Comment

:) I hop[e the electric blanket works for you. Jeanie :)

Comment

Sunshine, have a back up plan as hospitals often won’t let you use your own electrical devices unless cleared by hospital.

I hope tomorrow goes well for you.
                          ANN

Comment

Sunshine, since I freeze all the time anyway, I would have a hard time coping with this. I hope the new blanket or something works. That is miserable.

Soooo Laura called me this morning. I told her I had already done too much of her work for this week. She says she is coming next Wednesday. I promise if she does not (unless it is something dire) I am through. I mopped yesterday and did other things. My back was hurting last night.

My brother had a scare yesterday. If I had known what was going on I would have been frantic. First of all, he is on Plavix and has to get off it before he can have any procedures done. Heart Doctor does not want him off it for any length of time. Told him to have everything done and get right back on it. So, Friday he was scheduled for a gastroscope and a colonoscopy. He had to take all that medicine on Thursday. He had to be at the place where it was to be done by 6:30. It was something like a surgical center and not a hospital setting. There were two Doctors, very nice, but told him while they knew he had heart problems, they did not know his last stress test was abnormal. They had looked at his records on line and found that it was. They did not want to put him to sleep. They said they were sorry, but they had rather tell him that than to have to go out in the waiting room and tell his wife he was dead.

Then yesterday he went to Dentist to get a tooth pulled. It turned out it had to be cut out. They had deadened it and right after they started cutting he felt like he was going to pass out. He told them and they took his B/P. It was 199/98, with a falling heart rate of 40. His wife had not gone with him since it was just a Dental appointment. They called an ambulance and called her at home. She beat ambulance to hospital. He said the paramedics were so nice, but kept stopping to work on him. They got him to hospital and stabilized him and his B/P started coming down and his heart rate was going back up. His heart Doctor happened to be in the hospital and told him the name of what had happened to him. (Something weird) I never could understand what it was, because my brother didn't. He told my brother that from now on any procedure done on him, no matter what it is, needs to be done in a hospital setting. This is my middle brother who is 8 years younger than I am. Scary!
                            Virginia

Comment

Virginia, how scary for you. Growing old seems so filled with suffering, uncertainty.

Comment

Thinking of Sunshine. Let her be warm and comfy as she receives healing IVIG.

Virginia, that was two scary things that happened to your brother plus he did the colonoscopy prep for nothing! Oh, my!

I’m very tired. I didn’t do anything yesterday. Just a couch day. They happen.

ANN

Comment

Working...
                                X