March chitchat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, Agate.

The IGNITE study seems to be about preventing alzheimer's disease. It involves PET scans and MRI’s. I’ve already had enough MRI’s and Cat scans for one life.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Originally posted by nuthatch View Post
      I pictured you with long flowing white hair and beard (sometimes with just a little bit of pasta in it), sporting a big happy smile showing a few dazzling teeth and a screwdriver hanging from the corner of that smile like a toothpick (just in case any dental work is needed), wearing only a very fashionable thong, accessorized with a purring cat wrapped around your neck.
      That's a perfect description! Did Sam send you a photo? Ahhhh Sven, no, he moved to Argentina, and I never heard from him again. I hope the big lug is doing okay!
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

I would post a picture of Sam and myself, but I have no way to do it. I would need a digital camera which I no longer have, and I don't think this laptop has a slot to put the picture thingy.

Nor do I have a scanner to scan a photo if I had one. I just have this laptop these days. I have a pile of CDs which I never listen to, and about 100 DVDs which I never look at. I've seen them all. But with my memory fading, in a few years, all my DVDs will have been forgotten, so will all be like new to me. I can't wait!
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

I hope everyone is doing OK this week.

ANN
          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

We have been missing some regular posters here on the chit chat thread. Please check in, even with just a hello.

Daughter took the day off today to go fly fishing or her birthday!
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Howie View Post
              I would post a picture of Sam and myself, but I have no way to do it. I would need a digital camera which I no longer have, and I don't think this laptop has a slot to put the picture thingy.

Nor do I have a scanner to scan a photo if I had one. I just have this laptop these days. I have a pile of CDs which I never listen to, and about 100 DVDs which I never look at. I've seen them all. But with my memory fading, in a few years, all my DVDs will have been forgotten, so will all be like new to me. I can't wait!
              Howie, I'm almost sure there was a picture of you and Sam as your avatar a while back but I'm not finding it anywhere. It may be among the photos in your Pictures file on your computer though.

I looked a bit into the Archives and found a photo of Sam on top of a coffeemaker. Sam has notified me that she thinks that's a prettier picture anyway than the one of you. She said something about her coat showing up in a better light.

When I reminded her that it was a picture of you that was wanted, she seemed not to understand. Why wouldn't anyone prefer a photo of Sam?

You may want to discuss this with her. She may have an attitude problem.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

:) Cherie posted that she is in Louisville, KY. No explanation why. Jeanie :)

Comment

Originally posted by agate View Post
                  She may have an attitude problem.
                  Well duh!!!!

That picture was of Seven sitting on my shoulder. It was posted here somewhere, and was called "Howie's World". This is a different computer than I used then, and not sure it could ever be found again. Maybe in the archives where ever that is.

I barely remember it, but I think it had old pics of Pinky in it.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Nuthatch, just in case you didn't look, that is not your daughter - maybe your son or son-in-law, but Tula's Mom does not have a beard.
                    Virginia

Comment

I was thinking that in addition to these support threads, maybe posting more informational threads to draw in new readers? Otherwise, we might look like a tight knit, supportive, but tight knit group, hard to join in, despite how friendly we are?

Comment

I think that's a good idea, Sunshine. Most or all of us here have had MS for so long that we probably know things about it that others don't know and--importantly--know where to look to find out more about it.

Another thought--about keeping new people when they show up: Why not send them a Friend request? If I were new here, I might look at the Profiles of some of the regular people here, and if I always saw the same few people turning up as Friends in people's Profiles, I might get the idea that this was a very tight-knit group, and I'd hesitate to say much.

Also a Friend request lets the new person know you're willing to reach out to new people. Being someone's Friend here doesn't enable anyone to do anything special but I've found it helpful to look over my Friends here from time to time.

I wouldn't send a Friend request to someone completely new who just showed up as online. I'd wait until that person said something in a post on the MS forum. People do drop by without wanting much contact, and I assume that the ones who show up online very occasionally without posting are just passing, or maybe looking the place over. The exception to that would be a person whose user name was familiar to me.

Some people won't accept your Friend request. They may not have enabled Friend requests, either because they didn't notice that option or because they didn't want to have it.

It would be helpful too if a Google search for "neurology message boards" or "neurology support groups" would being up a link to BrainTalk but it never does.
                        Last edited by agate; 03-06-2020, 09:00 AM.
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Virginia View Post
                          Nuthatch, just in case you didn't look, that is not your daughter - maybe your son or son-in-law, but Tula's Mom does not have a beard.
                          I was thinking the same thing. I almost asked when your daughter had grown a beard. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshine View Post
                            I was thinking that in addition to these support threads, maybe posting more informational threads to draw in new readers? Otherwise, we might look like a tight knit, supportive, but tight knit group, hard to join in, despite how friendly we are?
                            That is a common problem. :-(

Agate, (about Friend request) I had seen somethling about Friends in the profiles but didn't know how it worked so I never touched it.
                            Last edited by Parsi; 03-06-2020, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Didn't I mention that my daughter used to work in the circus as the bearded lady? LOL!

Actually that was her spouse holding the fish while she took the picture. I doubt she wanted to hold it since it was alive. They released it.
                              She hooked 3 big fish that day but didn't manage to "land" them.
                              As far as I'm concerned, fishing is a cruel sport!

Comment

Originally posted by nuthatch View Post
                                Didn't I mention that my daughter used to work in the circus as the bearded lady? LOL!

That explains it!

It can't be easy being a fish even though swimming around all day looks like fun. You never know when some fly fisherman is going to come along.

Comment

Working...
                                X