Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: March chitchat

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

:) I hop[e the electric blanket works for you. Jeanie :)

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Sunshine, have a back up plan as hospitals often won’t let you use your own electrical devices unless cleared by hospital.

I hope tomorrow goes well for you.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Sunshine, since I freeze all the time anyway, I would have a hard time coping with this. I hope the new blanket or something works. That is miserable.

Soooo Laura called me this morning. I told her I had already done too much of her work for this week. She says she is coming next Wednesday. I promise if she does not (unless it is something dire) I am through. I mopped yesterday and did other things. My back was hurting last night.

My brother had a scare yesterday. If I had known what was going on I would have been frantic. First of all, he is on Plavix and has to get off it before he can have any procedures done. Heart Doctor does not want him off it for any length of time. Told him to have everything done and get right back on it. So, Friday he was scheduled for a gastroscope and a colonoscopy. He had to take all that medicine on Thursday. He had to be at the place where it was to be done by 6:30. It was something like a surgical center and not a hospital setting. There were two Doctors, very nice, but told him while they knew he had heart problems, they did not know his last stress test was abnormal. They had looked at his records on line and found that it was. They did not want to put him to sleep. They said they were sorry, but they had rather tell him that than to have to go out in the waiting room and tell his wife he was dead.

Then yesterday he went to Dentist to get a tooth pulled. It turned out it had to be cut out. They had deadened it and right after they started cutting he felt like he was going to pass out. He told them and they took his B/P. It was 199/98, with a falling heart rate of 40. His wife had not gone with him since it was just a Dental appointment. They called an ambulance and called her at home. She beat ambulance to hospital. He said the paramedics were so nice, but kept stopping to work on him. They got him to hospital and stabilized him and his B/P started coming down and his heart rate was going back up. His heart Doctor happened to be in the hospital and told him the name of what had happened to him. (Something weird) I never could understand what it was, because my brother didn't. He told my brother that from now on any procedure done on him, no matter what it is, needs to be done in a hospital setting. This is my middle brother who is 8 years younger than I am. Scary!
    Virginia

6. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Virginia, how scary for you. Growing old seems so filled with suffering, uncertainty.

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Thinking of Sunshine. Let her be warm and comfy as she receives healing IVIG.

Virginia, that was two scary things that happened to your brother plus he did the colonoscopy prep for nothing! Oh, my!

I’m very tired. I didn’t do anything yesterday. Just a couch day. They happen.

ANN

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

A doctor day for me. Got my med scripts refilled, she did a blood panel, and home I came. I forgot my billfold, but fortunately, I didn't get pulled over. I'm going to eat shortly.

I did get an email from my brother this morning, giving me his new phone number, but it wouldn't open this morning. So I tried it this afternoon, and it worked like it should. Gmail needs to do some work on their system.

Have a great evening everyone!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

IT worked perfectly. THe nurse was all in favor of the blanket, and showed me where to plug it in, very convenient. THanks for the good wishes.

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Great news, Sunshine. Great idea, too.

AN

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What's with the emergency blankets I keep hearing about? They're standard items in many first aid kits but I'm not sure how they work or for how long they'd keep a person warm.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Those mylar blankets can't be too cosy, they just trap your own body heat. I keep a blanket or two in my earthquake kit stored in a shed outside. I also have a blanket in the car. I think the mylar blanket would be good to put over a cozy blanket for added warmth if necessary.

Speaking of blankets, there are many electric throws available on line. Here is one on sale at Walmart on line.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sunbeam-H...EaAhQzEALw_wcB

Glad your electric blanket was allowed, Sunshine. Hope you're feeling better.
    I saw a tee on Zulily yesterday that said "SUNSHINE MIXED WITH A LITTLE HURRICANE", and thought of you struggling with your health hurricane!

Thinking of Jeanie and Virginia. Hope they are on the mend too.
    Last edited by nuthatch; 03-12-2020 at 01:39 AM.

20. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast