Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: March chitchat

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure I follow that, Howie. Why would humans disappear? I don't think humans are "obligate carnivores" though cats are. They absolutely have to eat meat because it supplies something they can't get from any other food source. Humans who don't eat fish or meat seem to be able to get along quite nicely so long as their protein intake is adequate.

I'm not suggesting that everyone should stop eating fish. Or meat. I eat the occasional shrimp or tuna or sardine without a thought to those sad fish eyes. I'm just saying I don't see how humans would disappear if everyone did stop eating fish.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Howie ~

I haven't eaten fish, poultry, pork or red meat for about 23 years. Prior to that I rarely ate fish, because I don't like it. I haven't disappeared yet. As far as I know, that is.

Also, our oceans are polluted, so I wouldn't be fond of eating fish, even if I did like it and was not a vegetarian.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Yeah, I may have exaggerated. But I enjoy eating meat. I'm a carnivore through and through. Sam is too!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I have through the years enjoyed seafood, especially salmon, and white fish like grouper, also pork tenderloin along with a little red meat. I am beginning to care less about it, especially the fish part. Every time I get it now I think about and wonder what ocean it came out of, but salmon is so good for us that I do have it occasionally.

I have chicken but I am very picky about where I get it.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

We've all heard the phrase, "Like a chicken with it's head cut off". When I was a kid, we went to a place to buy some ducks, but they also had baby chicks in a big box, hundreds of them. I remember seeing a chick, that the others had pecked it's head off, and it was still running around. That was probably 60 years ago, but I still remember it. That's something that's hard to forget!

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

That would be unforgettable. Years ago a friend used to say how much she hated chickens. She had to take care of them as a kid and had discovered that they're very mean.

After Howie's story I see what she meant.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Makes me feel good about eating the mean little things!

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) Shortly after the PT lady left I started sneezing and I sneezed all night. I went through a whole box of Kleenex. I am coughing and have a sore throat but no fever. My nose keeps running and I took an antihistamine.

My friend Liz dropped off some chicken noodle soup last night and this afternoon she brought me some more.
    She does not come in as she does not want to catch what I have.

My sinuses are full and my forehead feels tight. At least I have no fever so it must not be the C virus. I have absolutely no energy and am so tired of my runny nose and coughing. Please say a prayer for me. Thanks, Jeanie :)

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Feel better Jeanie. I have to say, I NEVER get sick. The last time I was sick was when I was going through the childhood sicknesses, you know, mumps, measles, chicken pox. I've never taken any of the DMT for the MS which all seem to work at suppressing the immune system. Mine in not suppressed in any way, and is merciless when new invaders try to enter my system. At least, that's what I believe.

18. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Too bad, Jeannie! It's probably good that it's not the coronavirus but no fun whatever it is.

Are you bothered by allergies? I've been sneezing and sneezing lately, and I've heard that this spring is a bad allergy time.

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast