Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: March chitchat

Distinguished Community Member

MIL is getting dressed now for discharge. Imminent discharge has taken all afternoon (Peter is there. I had a dermatologist appointment.)
    Her discharge diagnosis is “syncopal episode.” Really? With tonic-clonic movements?

Sunshine, I hope you are improving. I think about you often.

ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 03-02-2020 at 05:11 PM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Ann, so glad to see your mother is doing better and is going home. The things you report about her remind me of my mom, who I miss so very much . . . the lipstick, always engaging in others, etc. My Mom was beloved by the staff and the other residents at the facility because she took and interest in them and treated them as human beings rather than just workers. In return she received "loving" care. Give your mom a big hug for me.

Virginia, congrats to Grayson on the fabulous hole-in-one! I watched the youtube video. You and his dad must be very proud of him.
    In case anyone didn't get to see it, here is a good video of it all.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM4zpjI1S14

Thinking of you Sunshine. Hope the sun is shining for you again.

Wondering how Cherie is doing and if she'll be back.

Hugs to all.

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Good afternoon. I’m back from voting. :-)

Where are Howie and Agate? I hope everyone is OK.

It a beautiful day. It’s 65 at the moment. I pulled the poly off the garden. Dreaming of seeds.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

I'm here, and posted, or tried to post, but the same problem as yesterday, I lost the whole thing. It's getting old. I hate to lose a post, especially a long one.

It was payday, got everything done, and one bill to take out to the mailbox sometime today, so it will go out tomorrow.

Everyone have a great day!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

See, I couldn't wait. I just did a trash run, and mailed off my last bill. NOW I can relax until next week! Ahhhhhhhh!

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Nuthatch, thanks for posting the link to the U-tube video. Grayson is somewhat on the quite side a lot of the time, so it was nice to see this fun side of him. I see it occasionally when we are in a family gathering, but not that often. I wish he had not been wearing that beard. He looks better and younger to me without it.

Howie, sorry you are having a hard time posting. I hope you get that straightened out.

Upset with my Neurologist. They told me he was not going to refill my medication if I didn't make an appointment to come in. I have made one to see his NA, but I think he should have told me to come back. That makes two Doctors who have threatened me with not refilling my Rxs. My PCP I could understand, but the Neurologist did not tell me I needed to come back at this time.

Laura will not be here again this week. This will be the third week in a row that I have been without anyone. I know I should probably call someone else in, but I just hate to train anyone at this time. I have a light bulb out over my vanity where I put my makeup on and I can't possibly get on a stool to put another one in. That is one thing I would really like done. Oh well, I guess that is not the end of the world.
    Virginia

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cool

Virginia, you should see my beard. I look like an old man, which I am!

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nuthatch, thanks for posting the link to the U-tube video. Grayson is somewhat on the quite side a lot of the time, so it was nice to see this fun side of him. I see it occasionally when we are in a family gathering, but not that often. I wish he had not been wearing that beard. He looks better and younger to me without it.

Howie, sorry you are having a hard time posting. I hope you get that straightened out.

Upset with my Neurologist. They told me he was not going to refill my medication if I didn't make an appointment to come in. I have made one to see his NA, but I think he should have told me to come back. That makes two Doctors who have threatened me with not refilling my Rxs. My PCP I could understand, but the Neurologist did not tell me I needed to come back at this time.

Laura will not be here again this week. This will be the third week in a row that I have been without anyone. I know I should probably call someone else in, but I just hate to train anyone at this time. I have a light bulb out over my vanity where I put my makeup on and I can't possibly get on a stool to put another one in. That is one thing I would really like done. Oh well, I guess that is not the end of the world.
    Lightbulbs are a problem for the elderly. I bought old fashioned pole lamps to put around the house so I do not have to worry if the overhead lights go out. I don’t use makeup but I need a mirror in the bathroom to see all those little black hairs sprouting here and there on my chin! So I bought a mirror that is magnified on one side and normal on the other and has a light so you can see what you are doing.

I also have a problem with outdoor security lights which I can not reach ...so I found a lightweight light that lights up a large area outdoors in case I need to let the pup out when an overhead light has gone out. It has taken a lot of thinking and searching to make sure I have lights that work until someone comes by to replace a bulb. Tough being unsteady, isn’t it!?
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Linda, it is difficult being unsteady and wobbly. I do have other lights in there but I can really tell a difference when one goes out. It takes a lot of light for me to see well.

Howie, is your beard down to your chest yet? To you ever shave?

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Virginia, it would be down to my belt if I didn't trim it. I just trimmed it about 2 days ago. I keep it about 2 inches long, then trim the sides so it doesn't look long and bushy on the sides. It looks cared for and not like those Mountain Outlaws on TV.

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast