No announcement yet.

Keep on Moving: March 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was able to get my walk in today and yesterday. That’s 3 days this week. I’m not going shopping tomorrow. Too crazy and I’m being careful about venturing out.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

I have been swimming 1/2 mile daily still. The air is warming up to mid 60s, making it less frigid to walk from the pool to the warm shower after.

Comment

Glad you have the pool, Sunshine.

I walked a good long walk with Peter yesterday. We nodded and smiled but talked to no one. We always admire the many dogs.

ANN

Comment

I just went to the store, and noticed the stock people restocking the empty shelves. I thought, "I thought they did that on Tuesday". Then it dawned on me folks had been stocking up for the virus scare. What, even in this little East Coast town?

So I got what I needed, or as close as the empty shelves could provide. At least I didn't see anyone wearing a mask! I have a glow in the dark Alien Mask. Maybe I will wear that next time!

Everyone have a great day!
          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Hello everyone. Hope you are adjusting to this new reality! John and I can keep ourselves busy taking care of things in the greenhouses but the summer farmers markets are in Jeapordy although we are hoping for a late start if things are returning to the new normal after all the efforts to combat this pandemic are successful. So we are not sure how to proceed but are keeping our fingers crossed....
            Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Linda, I am thinking of you. When I cut the sack of potting soil the dirt smelled so good! Working in the greenhouse with a radio for NPR or music would be a pleasant way to spend some time.

I walked to the post office today to drop off a package. It’s a usually very busy place but there were only two people there, no waiting.

ANN

Comment

Yes, it's an excellent time for gardening tasks. I"m waiting for the weather to warm up a bit more but hope to get out on the patio and refresh the dirt around my potted plants. I had to haul all of them lose to the wall a couple of days ago because it was snowing so hard.

Snowing hard even though the trees are all in bloom. Go figure. The snow didn't stick around long at all but it was still very cold.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Ann, that is just the way I like to work in the greenhouse. Where I live I can use WAMC (New York) to listen to news anytime of the day or WNPR to listen to music all day. I really have a good situation.

Agate, this very morning I woke up to maybe half an inch of snow. We have had a snowless winter so seeing this little scattering of snow is enough to wake me up!

I have started walking around with a stretch band permanently around my neck. No matter where I am I tug it to pull my muscles apart. It feels good to stretch.

Take care everyone.
                  Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus View Post
                    I have started walking around with a stretch band permanently around my neck.
                    Just be careful not to get it caught on something and hang yourself!
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

:) The PT was scheduled to be here between 11 and 11:30 yesterday. When she did not come by afternoon or call, I called her. At least I learned a few new exercises I can do on my own.

She said that my next visit will be the evaluator again and that I probably won't get any more PT. I only had 2 sessions with her. She said the insurers are doing this. It is upsetting. My doctor ordered 6 weeks of twice a week PT. I am going to call the insurance guy and the doctors office.

I still plan to go vote with a mask and gloves later today. Jeanie :)

Comment

Originally posted by Howie View Post
                        Just be careful not to get it caught on something and hang yourself!
                        That’s why I use the stretch kind of exercise band!
                        Linda~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanie Z View Post
                          :) The PT was scheduled to be here between 11 and 11:30 yesterday. When she did not come by afternoon or call, I called her. At least I learned a few new exercises I can do on my own.

She said that my next visit will be the evaluator again and that I probably won't get any more PT. I only had 2 sessions with her. She said the insurers are doing this. It is upsetting. My doctor ordered 6 weeks of twice a week PT. I am going to call the insurance guy and the doctors office.

I still plan to go vote with a mask and gloves later today. Jeanie :)
                          How did it go Jeanie?

Comment

I swam 1/2 mile, cooked some chicken, cleaned up the kitchen, did my DH’s laundry and hung it up, slayed dragons at the Census Office, the Pharmacy, the Doc offices all via phones.
                            DID at home counseling via skype and it was surprisingly effective. I was more active afte that session, on my rollator most of the day other than an enforce 45 minute “rest” nap, meditation. The meditation puts me to sleep every time.

I know I am scared of the impact of COVID, medical care, drug shortage, crashing economy, loss of friends, real isolation. Endless not knowing. This is like hurricanes on steroids. Luckily DH has stopped going to meetings, stopped going out to restaurants, and gaming events, but so many ways to get it: grocery stores, produce Stand, dr office.

Two docs are doing virtual medicine.
                            Last edited by Sunshine; 03-17-2020, 01:48 PM.

Comment

:) Andy talked me into not voting today. This is the first time I have ever not voted. Jeanie :)

Comment

God bless Andy!

Sunshine, you did quite a lot. Great to hear about the tele-counseling. Can you share the meditation that puts you to sleep? The one for anxiety about how small we are compared to the universe makes me nervous. :-o

I was in all day and the only exercise I got was the stairs.
                                ANN

Comment

Working...
                                X