No announcement yet.

Keep on Moving: March 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ann, it is alright and certainly quick. You have 7 to 10 days to eat it all after it is opened. Mine is not Trader Joe's since I can't get in there without holding my breath and trying to scooch my car up smaller. So I picked up Pacific Foods brand. First time I have had anything of theirs. Next I am going to try Progresso Tomato Basil. Someone said it was good, but I haven't tried it yet.
    Virginia

Comment

I swam 1/2 mile 58F air and 87F pool. FElt good.

Comment

Virginia, is this the soup in a carton? I don't know if this image will post but I only recently started noticing that there are soups in cartons now.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

My average step count for February: 1679 steps/day. January average was 1574.

March 1 - 2216 steps
          March 2 - 1480 "
          March 3 - 1664 "
          March 4 - 1318 "
          March 5 - 1302 "
          March 6 - ? lost the data somewhere, still looking
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Great step count Agate!

Yes, that is the soup. I don't know how some of you find all this and post it, but then I don't know how to post well. I have had it come out right a couple of times, but mostly I have to delete what I start.
            Virginia

Comment

Virginia, if I can do it, anyone can do it! Now what was that season/time rhyme? Fall forward, Spring back? Got it!!!
              Last edited by Howie; 03-07-2020, 12:40 PM.
              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

We are big fans of Pacific and Imagine organic soups.

Pacific Organic Soups

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Our favorites: Creamy Tomato, Butternut Squash, Rosemary Potato, Cashew Carrot Ginger Bisque

Imagine Organic Soups

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Our favorites: Potato Leek, Sweet Pea, Tomato Basil

I applaud all of you for keeping on moving.

Someday, maybe I'll wear my pedometer from morning til bedtime to find out my steps/mileage. I climb up/down 14 stairs quite a bit. I also bend, stoop, lift a lot throughout every day. I work through pain, but I know my limit, and I sit down and rest my back.

When I'm unable to take my morning walk, I miss it. It limbers me up to do what needs to be done for the remainder of my 18-20 hour day. About half way through, I have to sit for 30 seconds. We have a couple of benches in our neighborhood, but I also sit on front lawn retaining walls. I know the neighbors, and no one minds. This morning, I walked 3/4 mi in 14 minutes. That includes resting, talking to birds, squirrels, rabbits, and admiring the morning on the golf course and lakes.

Jim is losing strength in his legs, and he told me today that he wants to start using his floor pedaler. He can sit on the side of his bed and use it for a few minutes and work up to longer sessions. We know well: if you don't use it, you lose it.

Cheers to all of you as you keep moving!

Love & Light,

Rose
                Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Rose, I had a football coach in high school, and that was practically his motto while we were in training, "Use it or lose it!"
                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Rose, a 3/4 mile in 14 minutes is quite good. You could walk with Ann I bet, and that's a compliment because she is good.
                    Virginia

Comment

Just wanted to add to my post to Ann re the Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup. I said it was alright, but actually it is good. It says to shake well. My hands are weak and I just shook it like I normally shake things. I had it last night and tonight and was careful to shake very well and it was good. I will have again and also the tomato basil and maybe some others. I am big soup eater.
                      Virginia

Comment

I swam 1/2 mile, warmer air of 64, pool 86F. Felt just right.

Comment

Glad you’re swimming, Sunshine.

I did my walk today and yesterday we went to a local pond and walked around there. Not the whole way.

ANN
                          Last edited by stillstANNding; 03-09-2020, 12:27 PM.
                          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

I just ran to the store. It is 69* out. Too warm, too fast!

I have a doctor appointment on Wednesday. Just to redo my scripts. And of course, a blood panel. I think she is a vampire.

Have a great day all!

Albert Einstein

Comment

I swam today 1/2 mile in 87Fpool and 65F air. Winter is over in Florida for the far future.

Was going to get together with surf buddies at my house this weekend, but there is a COVID concern so we decided to wait. I am hoping to surf at some point. Again.

Comment

I swam 1/2 mile today. Lots of ankle spasticity today.
                                Having trouble getting important meds to last through COVID. I guess its a national problme.
                                Heard FEMA will be in charge of moving aid to areas. I guess like food, water, moving patients to quarantine hospitals set up for it.

Heard that Univ of Maryland hospital expects COVID in about two weeks and that 20% of the medical staff will be exposed. Then move down to North Carolina in about two weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X