Keep on Moving: March 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep on Moving: March 2020

MS creates some real challenges to keep on moving. It helps to inspire each other on how to find ways to move.

Did you stretch in your bed, swing your arms, roll side to side today? Or perhaps you did housework? Or exercised in a pool? Tracked your count of steps? Chased your cat around the home? Pushed the wheelchair wheels with your arms at the store? Post them here and we can support and egg each other on.

REMEMBER: this is a keep on moving thread, not keep on exercising! Any moving is important— it doesnt have to be “exercise”! Even Science proves that...

Rabbit rabbit.

Went to grocery store and then out to eat. A little walking in grocery store but not too much since I had just been Friday.
    Virginia

Comment

Swam 1/2 mile and cooked for an hour. Resting now.

Comment

I walked 4 days last week and walked around the hospital on the weekend plus one grocery store.

Yesterday, Peter drove me to an appointment and back so no exercise there.

Today I walked six blocks in total to vote.

Also, I got a postcard in the mail about a study of exercise in seniors. It includes a trainer! It pays $550. Now that is some walking around money. ;-) It’s by a local university so I’m going to call them.

I am hoping that Sunshine feels well enough to swim.
        ANN
        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Ann, you might have just hit the jackpot on "walking around money". I wonder if Agate could get in on that?
          Virginia

Comment

Good luck with the study, ANN--hope you can be part of it!

The study I've been in has been nice financially for me. It's ending next month but over the last 2 years I made $1176. My rent went up as a result and my SNAP benefits went down but still I came out ahead by a little--and had the use of a very nice scale. I did have to put up with occasional visits and questionnaires from the study researchers but it was a good deal in general.

I'm all for studies that pay though I back off from any studies that want me to take a medicine.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

:) The PT evaluator came today. He is going to request 8 weeks of twice a week PT. I hope the insurance will be okay with that. He approved of the things I have been doing so far and suggested a few other exercises. I had hopes today would be a regular PT but it was not. He will not be my PT person either. I will wait and find out. Jeanie :)

Comment

Jeanie, so proud of you for trying so hard to get PT. I really hope this works out. I just hope your insurance comes through for you. I would think that they will.
                Virginia

Comment

I swam yesterday my usual swim. Taking 4 ativans spread across the day helps me to do things like cook a meal during the day, and rest less. And less pain if I am off my feet for a time.

Today two doc visits, so no swim, no moving, all in a w/c...no room in the car for the chair and a rollator.

Comment

Hope Sunshine’s doc visits went well today.

I walked to bus and rode to town center and then walked all the way home.

At home, I did a load of laundry.
                    ANN

Comment

I did the walk again today.

Jeanie, how did the evaluation go?

Comment

This is Ann: "These Boots Are Made For Walking", and That's Just What They are Going to Do.

Most of the rest of us: "Go Ann, Go"

We like rooting for you Ann!
                        Virginia

Comment

"These boots are made for walkin', and that's just what they'll do."

I had to correct your perfect English to more of what that one hit wonder, Nancy Sinatra, daughter of Frank Sinatra, sang.
                          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Howie, I knew I wasn't doing that right, but I just couldn't remember what the exact words were, so I had to make do. You and Sam are so smart, she probably reminded you.
                            Virginia

Comment

“One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you.”

Glad to see I am not alone in here!

ANN

Comment

Working...
                              X