Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Keep on Moving: March 2020

Distinguished Community Member

Sunshine, I know what you mean. Many things are in very short supply around here. Our Nextdoor Neighbor site has a lady that must spend a lot of her time going to some of the different stores. Yesterday she reported that Lowe's Foods had eggs and today she reported that Harris Teeter close to my house were putting out toilet paper, paper towels and Clorox wipes. It is nice of her to do this, but before people can get to these stores they are sold out.

Whole Foods has stopped having their hot bars, salad bars, etc.

Howie, if you find all the ingredients you need for spaghetti you might consider buying enough for several batches and freeze the meat. Oh yes, that goes for your cold slaw too. I am very proud of you for staying in.
    Virginia

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I noticed our hot bar was gone sometime last week, Virginia. I was thinking you would miss it.

Peter went to Trader Joe’s today to get something’s on his way to his mother’s. They were out of many paper goods products including toilet paper, many kinds of beans and they had no rice of any kind.

While he was away, I made a big pot of brown rice and a vegetarian three bean chili from a McCormick recipe. I kept the spices minimal until I separated out a portion for my MIL. I also cooked some burger to add to her chili. Then I added the hot spices to the veggie chili.

Later Peter took his mom to a Thai restaurant to pick up take out and then came here to drop off ginger chicken and pick up his mom’s chili and rice. I got to talk to her in the driveway. I was even able to check a red spot she has from a Holter monitor from the window.

Later I walked with Peter around the neighborhood. Trees are opening and the magnolias are blooming.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

I'm in until the 3rd, payday, then I'll mail off my bills, and will have to get gas in the car. Then I will tackle the grocery store. I will buy to stay shut in for the rest of the month. The safest way to stay safe is to stay home.

Not a big change for me. The only change will be my trips to the store which I really do to get out of the house, than for food.

I watch a show on You Tube called A White Guy Speaks Perfect Chinese. It's funny when he goes into a Chinese place, and begins speaking Chinese. People are quick to tell him his Chinese is perfect.

Today he was in China Town in New York, and everyone, even himself, had on masks. People there had contact with people in China, and had first hand accounts of how it was living with the virus.

So I'm just staying in with Sam, and we are napping, and watching TV, at least until the 3rd. Everyone stay safe.
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Ann, you had a busy day. It sounds like a nice day. Very good of you to make enough chili for your MIL. I notice she eats meat in hers and you and Peter do not. Since she is 94 maybe you two should take a cue from her. I do miss the hot bar and the salad bar at WFs.

Howie, sounds like you have a good plan. Hope you are able to find all the groceries you want when you go to the grocery store on the 3rd. That's quite awhile off, so you must have had some food on hand.
    Virginia

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Virginia, I bought plenty to eat my last trip to the store, and Sam even has lots of turkey to eat, her favorite daily meal. She also gets dry food, but eats that later when I'm asleep. Probably afraid if I see her eating the dry food, that I will stop giving her turkey!
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Virginia, I bought plenty to eat my last trip to the store, and Sam even has lots of turkey to eat, her favorite daily meal. She also gets dry food, but eats that later when I'm asleep. Probably afraid if I see her eating the dry food, that I will stop giving her turkey!
    Clever little sneak.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Today I did the sheets which took most of the day, an tried to stay centered.
    DH went to store: very slim pickings. One will have to expand boundaries.

They were out of flour I was going to make bread for a week. So he brought home a small container of “self rising “ bread. Really I don’t know what I can do with it. The recipe on teh side was cookies.

I googled it, but got further confused.

We will be eating very differently soon: I am sure that is not such a good thing. I anticipate weight gain, rise in cholesterol.

Hoping fruit stans still have fresh veg and fruit available.
    We are hoping that farmers’ markets here in MA will be declared essential services as has been done in CT and CA already. Since we accept food stamps for our produce it will really help. I understand now the hoarding instinct. Things will be available in the short run but what if nothing is produced for 6 months? So, I bought the incontinence products I use through Amazon to last 6 months. Maybe I will buy an extra bag of dog food. I ordered dried fruits and dried soup mixes,,,,packages of dried veggies.) anything else people are storing up? I can not get paper products
    yet but I see the need!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Can't get paper products at any of the online places I've been trying--Instacart, Amazon, Safeway. No delivery times available either. I've been looking for several days now.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

I cook a lot and use lots of the common spices. This morning, on what I hope is my last shopping trip for a long time, I bought a new container of my favorite spices … except parsley. I can't find plain, dried parsley. I'd love to have another bag of flour too.

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

I swam 1/2 mile today. I had my telemedicine appt with my new GI doc and I liked him a lot. So, I landed on my feet.

Save your pennies. My adviser said we are heading into a Depression. What fun this has been....

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast