Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Keep on Moving: March 2020

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

:) They are not giving me any more PT visits. The evaluator called today and wanted to come but he does not do any exercises. I told him I do not want him to come that he would possibly expose me to the virus. I am doing all the exercises I used to do plus all the new ones the PT showed me daily. I think I will get stronger in spite of them. Jeanie :)

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

I agree Jeanie. It really just boils down to practice once you have the moves down pat. Such determination :

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Such a good attitude Jeanie!
    Virginia

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

:) I did all the old and new exercises last night. I am getting slightly stronger but it will be awhile before I am back to where I was prior to the fall. Stay safe everyone. Jeanie :)

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Good job Jeanie
    I swam 1/2 mile today, kinda rested a lot today other than making a salad. This pandemic is exhausting...

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

It is exhausting, Sunshine. I need a break for awhile.

Peter took a break from working at home and we took a drive to drop off the taxes. We did not have to see him. And we sent my mom extension forms for her state and federal taxes. We just can’t get to her.

Then we went to a large -but not a warehouse - grocery store. We figure it might be our last shopping for awhile. We are thinking of things for his mother in case one of us is sick and therefor neither of us can shop for her; cat stuff; frozen vegetables; juice, drinks, and better canned soups that we might want if we are recovering from a virus. I didn’t notice the flour situation. I did see that they had plenty of meat. Peter doesn’t eat meat but I got a small package of pork chops to have w onions.

So, there is that walking and the putting away of it all. Then taking the plastic part way off the low tunnel garden to pull weeds and water it. I hope to plant there later this week.

Now I am tired. I earned it.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I vacuumed the downstairs, talked on the phone to my brother, my neighbor and my cousin who lives in another town.

I wonder what things like milk and bread are going to be like in the store. I think I can wait another week. I don't like bread that has been frozen, but I froze a few slices because my brother told me to. See how compliant I am.

If things get too bad I could go have a spaghetti meal with Chef Howie, but I have a feeling he is going on as usual and going to the stores and the dump, so that is probably not a good idea.
    Virginia

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was doing laundry again today (did 2 loads on Wednesday, and one last load today). It had really piled up. I was busy coping with changes due to the coronavirus--rearranging and rescheduling things.

And trying to find toilet paper. But a wonderful thing happened. While in the laundry room, I was talking to a neighbor who has a job at Walmart, and he says he could get toilet paper for me any time from the warehouse there--even though he's been told not to go into work just now. This was so kind and unexpected!

Then my son e-mailed that he is working at home and has more time and he offered to go and get anything I was out of. Fortunately so far I'm not out of anything but if the delivery service decides to stop delivering, then I have a problem. I'd hate to ask him to help as he's at least 20 minutes away and they have not just the 2-year-old but the dog, 3 cats, and 2 young women living in their house. But since he did offer, I just might accept the offer if supplies get low here.

I could ride the paratransit van to a supermarket and hope there were things on the shelves that I could buy. Those trips are tiring, though, and there's a 3-bag limit on what I can buy. Still, it's a definite possibility too. Three bags of groceries--that's quite a lot, and might even include toilet paper.

I've been watching Instacart, where I've been trying to schedule a delivery for a few items--though no store has toilet paper available online--but Instacart hasn't had any available delivery times. However, this morning one slot had "limited availability." It was for 6 to 8 AM, and I passed on that. It was encouraging to know that Instacart is trying though.
    Last edited by agate; 03-20-2020 at 09:12 PM.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Actually Virginia, I have been just staying in and watching TV. Sam too!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Today I did the sheets which took most of the day, an tried to stay centered.
    DH went to store: very slim pickings. One will have to expand boundaries.

They were out of flour I was going to make bread for a week. So he brought home a small container of “self rising “ bread. Really I don’t know what I can do with it. The recipe on teh side was cookies.

I googled it, but got further confused.

We will be eating very differently soon: I am sure that is not such a good thing. I anticipate weight gain, rise in cholesterol.

Hoping fruit stans still have fresh veg and fruit available.

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast