Israeli breakthrough in development of Coronavirus vaccine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Israeli breakthrough in development of Coronavirus vaccine

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Hope that vaccine will soon be available.

The CDC is a place to keep track of developments on the coronavirus (COVID-19) front in the US:

Last edited by agate; 02-28-2020, 05:34 PM. Reason: fixing spacing
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

If the Israeli’s cure this virus, then they will be told that the Jews started the virus and then cured it to look heroic. Dollars to donuts.

Comment

Sunshine, that’s probably true, but that wouldn’t account for China having the most outbreaks. Strange I am not hearing anything about this on TV. All the Doctors I have heard today keep saying a vaccine is much further away.
        Virginia

Comment

((((((Hugs to Al)))))) ~

Sunshine ~

Thank you for posting this information.

From the article:

Commenting on the news, David Zigdon, CEO of MIGAL, said that “given the urgent global need for a human Coronavirus vaccine, we are doing everything we can to accelerate development. Our goal is to produce the vaccine during the next 8-10 weeks, and to achieve safety approval in 90 days.”
          If all goes as planned, production of the vaccine will take 2 - 2 1/2 months. Safety approval will take 3 months. That’s about 5-6 months before it can be distributed. How many millions of people will contract the C-virus during that amount of time?

How can anyone blame the Jews for the C-virus, which started in Wuhan, China as a result of eating tainted wildlife? That would be a very far-fetched conspiracy theory. I hope you’re wrong, but in today’s world, anything is possible.

agate ~

Thank you for the CDC link. I wonder whether the CDC has to clear everything with VP Pence, before they can publish it on their website.

Meanwhile, the Northern California woman, who mysteriously contracted C-virus is intubated.

I don't understand why wearing a mask to prevent infection is not recommended. The masks we use are treated to repel flu droplets from others. They are designed for prevention. Regardless, it can't hurt to wear a mask, so Jim and I will continue to do so.

Stay healthy everyone!

Love & Light,

Rose
          Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

The Wuhan Virus: How to Stay Safe
            By Laurie Garrett

Ms Garrett is a former bench scientist turned science reporter. She was on NPR this weekend.

ANN
            There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

The Jews are blamed for many world catastrophes, no matter how convoluted the argument is.
              THey will say it started in the Mideast and was “planted” by Jews in CHina to make China the culprit.
              You cannot argue with stupidity and bias.

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

ANN ~

Thank you for the article.

We have been doing most of those things for a long time for just the average flu strain that strolls through every year. We do wear masks, which I've now discovered are out of stock everywhere. I'm going to call Medline tomorrow to ask if they are manufacturing more of them to meet the need during the C-virus. They're called Bio Mask. Fortunately, we have a good supply for now, as we rarely venture out, and only two people visit us and wear them while here ~ John and Nancy.

When I go to the ATM, I wear nitrile gloves (non latex). We bought them by the case, when caring for Jonathan. I wear a mask, and I'll start wearing gloves for Instacart deliveries. In the ER or anywhere in the hospital or medical offices, I use the gloves from the boxes on the wall. Gloves to open the bathroom door, for example. If there are no gloves available, I wash my hands, dry them with a paper towel, then grab two paper towels to open the bathroom door.

I wash my hands so much that years ago, when I had to be fingerprinted to serve as Jon's IHSS careprovider, the tech had difficulty getting my prints. My dear friend, also a mom to a child with severe disabilities, had the same problem. We laughed and groaned when we left that all of those other people, who got their prints the first time, didn't wash their hands enough.

Something I learned from ICU nurses, when Michael was intubated with chicken pox on his lungs at age 14: blow your nose. Even if you don't need to blow your nose, do it. I had to scrub down in an isolated room, but first, I had to blow my nose. Mask, gown, gloves before entering Michael's room. Strip down in the isolation room, when I left, blow my nose, wash my hands.

I also use alcohol swabs/wipes everywhere I go. They're in the van, in my purse, in my pocket, in my jacket. I'm diligent about using them when I am out of our home to clean my hands after I touch anything that isn't mine. Before we eat in the hospital, we clean our hands with alcohol swabs. I also wipe down hospital wheelchairs for Jim, and the bed rails in ER or anywhere else. I can't control all of it, but I do my best to control some of it.

I am obsessed and a confessed germaphobe. But, it has kept us healthy this far, despite our vulnerabilities.

Sunshine ~

But, we must. We know what happens, if we don't.

Healing prayers for all and for those suffering with C-virus and the entire World.

Love & Light,

Rose
                Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Sunshine, loved that quote about arguing with stupidity and bias because it is one of the truest things I have heard lately. Rose says we must and I understand what she is saying, however what is the point when people are stupid and biased they are not going to get past those things to hear what you say.
                  Virginia

Comment

I don't understand why wearing a mask to prevent infection is not recommended. The masks we use are treated to repel flu droplets from others. They are designed for prevention. Regardless, it can't hurt to wear a mask, so Jim and I will continue to do so.
                    Rose, I think they want to make sure that enough masks are available for the people who really need them--like you and Jim. With everyone and his dog rushing out to buy masks, the places that sell them are in danger of running out of supplies of them:

Last edited by agate; 03-01-2020, 05:18 PM.
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Rose, I'd forgotten all about all my alcohol wipes that I have here for my shots, I was so concerned that they've been sold out of hand sanitizer everywhere I've looked.

Thanks for the reminder!
                      Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

Comment

Israel is responsible for a lot of medical advancements, including Copaxone.

Comment

Sunshine ~

But, we must. We know what happens, if we don't.

Healing prayers for all and for those suffering with C-virus and the entire World.

Love & Light,

Rose

Thank you Rose.....
                          Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Working...
                          X