Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Phooey - phooey - phooey

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Unhappy Phooey - phooey - phooey

Doc's office called -- I miserably failed that EKG/stress test I did Monday --- the test I thought I sailed through. So I have to have a "cardio" test very soon. The hospital is supposed to call me tonight (I'll be a church) or tomorrow. Well, phooey. I have that precious hearing test scheduled for next Tuesday and the very important Thyroid surgery is the next Tuesday. I don't know what's happening.

I'm not concerned about myself too much but, oh, I'm worried about my cats.

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Jingle)))))) ~

I'm so sorry you've received this news and are facing so many tests and surgery. I know it is overwhelming, and Jim and I send you our love and prayers.

What can you do now to prepare for care for your cats in your absence? Do you have a friend or a neighbor, who could feed and pet them? Is there a pet care agency in your area? I don't know about cats, but I've seen many professionals in my neighborhood walking dogs for Seniors or disabled residents.

Do you have a nearby, friendly vet, who also provides day care for pets? I know that sounds odd, but our vet for our cat and dog did have a day care for pets, as well as a kennel for overnight housing.

I know you don't want to leave them or send them somewhere, but it's a good idea to have a plan before all of the tests and surgery for their care. You should consider your recovery time post surgery too, where you may need some assistance with their care and your own care.

The best thing for you to reduce your stress, and for your cats in your absence or possible inability to care for them for awhile, is to have options for their care and your care in place prior to the upcoming "events."

Breathe in through your nose deeply, then open your lips slightly and slowly release your breath. This is a common relaxing technique, which works. I use it with Jim every time he has an anxiety attack. Practice this and employ it regularly throughout the day and night.

We send you healing, positive energy and many prayers.

God Bless You Jingle ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Thank you Rose, thank you. At church tonight (Wednesday night is Bible study -- not many people are there but it's a great service) I asked for prayers. Most of the people there have prayer requests. I think we all do. And people were concerned because I am alone -- several of them want to help me get to and from appointments and things like that. I am so blessed to have people like that.
    Thank you again.

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

jingle ,

yes, when you have animals, they're your primary concern whenever you need to be away.

rose has some great suggestions about cat care. your cats may not like another person caring for them, but they will survive. you have to take care of your own health in order to be there for them.

i hope it all works out.

(((hugs))),
    jeannie
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When I had a cat, I sometimes had to leave her at the vet's for a week, and that went OK. It's best if you already know the vet but if you don't, and you've found a vet that will board a cat overnight (many vets will), you'll want to look the premises over first if you're able to. If they won't allow you to see the place where the cats will be housed, that's probably a place to avoid.

Once when I did all of this--set the cat up at a vet I already knew and saw the premises where the cat would be--I was upset when I came back and found that each cat in its cage had only a tiny paper tray with a couple of tablespoonsful of cat litter to use. Apparently the vet believed that that was all the cat needed. I don't know if this was a good idea but it seemed objectionable to me.

The cat survived it quite nicely though and went on to live to the age of 19.

I wish you luck with your upcoming tests and surgery. Your cats will be glad to see you when you're back but they'll be fine.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Thank you agate. My next door neighbor who has a very demanding job and two part times will take care of my cats. She was here last to see how we were doing and tell me the cats will be fine. They adore her. She will come here to visit them as often as she can, feed, clean the litter box, sit and play, make certain all is well.
    I have an appointment with my regular doc later this morning so I can ask her what is going on.

12. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I’m glad you have that worry off your mind, Jingle.

Good luck at today’s appointment.

Love and chocolate,
    ANN, mom of three cats
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

14. The following 2 users say "thanks"

SUCH GOOD NEWS YESTERDAY ….
    Yesterday I saw my regular doc and, of course, asked her what was happening. She said I had that appointment with the cardiologist Monday and he would tell me everything and what needed to be done, probably, before I could have that thyroid surgery. There is a serious defect (my word, not hers) in the left side of my heart and I would probably need surgery for that. I asked if that needed a stint and she said yes. I said, "A stint! Isn't a stint fast, easy and safe?" She said that it was and was probably done as outpatient . Whew … that's good news.

16. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((jingle)))))) ~

While I'm so sorry that you have a defect, I'm grateful that the remedy is a stent placement. We have a few friends, who have had stents placed, and they are all doing very well. And, hey, look at Bernie Sanders ... he had a stent and was back on the campaign trail within a week.

I'm sure that you'll do fine, and we'll all be praying for you and sending you healing energy.

I give thanks for your church friends and your next door neighbor. It makes me feel better too, knowing that you have support. Bless them all.

Stay positive!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

18. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jingle that is relieving news. Sorry that you have to go through all this. Sending prayers.

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast