February Chitchat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

February Chitchat

So, up late and it struck me that it’s February already. (Rabbit Rabbit). Bet I was first this month. Was out yesterday and did not have an opportunity to post. I hope February finds all of us healthy, happy and blessed by having all of our needs met and many of our wants.

Last day of January ended up being wet, so naturally I had to go out. Not quite over virus I got from doing that earlier in the week, but felt it was necessary.

Here’s to everyone having a really good month and that includes Sam. In the next month or so we will have people sighting early buds on their flowers and trees.

Waving from North Carolina.....,,,,,
    Virginia

So glad you're on the ball, Virginia, in spite of feeling poorly--thank you for starting the February chitchat thread for all of us.

Some people here are seeing daffodils. I haven't seen them and so wonder if they might have been a mirage.

I've been slowly putting my recipes on a Website. Actually I have to transfer quite a few of them from one Website to another and then finish up by entering the rest of them. I started out with one Website (Allrecipes.com) but that wasn't satisfactory, and so I'm switching to Recipezazz.

I began this several years ago but just haven't had a lot of time for it, what with one thing and another. At last I'm trying to get back to it before I forget how the process goes.

I'm not neglecting the Politics blog and would like to thank everyone who has been dropping in there.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Well, yesterday was great. The town reopened the closed for the winter dog park because we have not had snow! They should have reopened it weeks ago. Finally Moxie got to run freely. It was just perfect and i walked around on the paved walk that goes around the circumference. So booth of us could get exercise.

Yesterday my cough was rare and did not go on for hours. That inhaler is helping. The cough was back and active an hour ago which is why I am up! But it was something to have improved for almost a whole day .
      Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Virginia, I'll tell Sam what you said.....as soon as she wakes up from my lap. She is a true lap cat these days.

I'm up watching TV. For some reason, the best TV is late at night, so here I am. I won't be going anywhere until Monday, then I will do my bank, store, CVS, and dump run. Plus I will stop and get gas. Whew!

So next month, is now THIS month. Time does fly.

Everyone have a great month, and day!
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

HOWIE, for some reason Social Security paid today! I hope that will turn out to be true for you too.

I've never known them to pay on the 1st unless the 3rd was on a weekend or a holiday but I'm definitely not complaining.
          Last edited by agate; 02-01-2020, 08:29 AM.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

:) Andy and Torre are going to the Fair today. I begged off as I went with Kim and the last two days are mobbed.

My brother Steve is in Dallas trying to get my uncle in assisted living the things he needs. He has macular degeneration and is almost blind and he cannot hear. His wife is also in assisted living and has dementia.
            Their son is useless and my uncle does not even have toiletries, etc. I sent Steve a pair of hearing aides and he is meeting with the man who has their financial business.

He is meeting with the son at their home today and will try to get him to move in there. Their insurance pays%3000 for each of them but the monthly bill is $9000 so Steve will see what can be done. Maybe both my uncle and his wife could share an apartment and save.

I am still in my pajamas and slept until 1 PM today. I did not get to sleep until after 2 AM.

I found some boiled peanuts in a can at the dollar store. I heated them in the microwave and really enjoyed them. When I go there again I will stock up more cans. Stay warm everyone. Jeanie :)

Comment

Jeanie, would your Uncle and Aunt be able to live in an apartment on their own without help? I would think with her dementia it might be hard. I guess this is one of the things being discussed. It is sad when people get to that point in life and there is hardly anyone they can turn to. You, as usual, are a good hearted person who certainly does what you can by sending hearing aids.

Agate, I will tell you what I did with my recipes. I bought a cheap 3 ring binder at Walmart and a bunch of cheap plastic covers that had 3 rings punched in them and I just slipped a recipe in each one, just as they were written, weather by me or someone who gave them to me. So easy and quick! Then I got a few dividers and labeled them appetizers, salads, vegetables, main dishes and deserts. That is my cookbook.

I knew that I should not go out yesterday after being sick. It was raining and very nasty and cold here, but I was totally out of medicine that I take every night, so I felt it was necessary to go to the pharmacy. This pharmacy does not deliver. I stopped and got my nails done (thinking that might help me feel better) then went on to the pharmacy. Jeanie, was talking about buying peanuts in the dollar store, well I almost grocery shopped in the drug store. I bought chicken noodle soups and a couple of packages of Snacks that is tuna salad with crackers in the package and a small box of cookies. I had wanted to go to the grocery store, but could not take anymore getting wet or walking.

So, I am glad I got my medicine, but woke this morning with very bad sore throat. It seems to be very easy for me to pick up things now. Much more so, than I use to be.

My Niece is having a few people, just family, in for super bowl tomorrow. She has done this a couple of times. One of my brothers was coming to get me and going to bring me home. It is suppose to be a pretty day tomorrow, but regardless I just do not feel like getting out and going. I have called my brother and told him. I will apologize to my Niece when I get to feeling better.
              Virginia

Comment

Super Bowl time is it? I've never watched one. I played football in high school, but I have no interest in football now. But Drag Racing? Move over and save me a seat!
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

It's only a ball--that's what I say. All that fuss about a ball?

It's amazing to me how much attention these sports events get now, compared to years ago, when all you ever heard about them was a few minutes of a typical news broadcast.

Now there are even special types of food you're supposed to stock up on for your game parties. The supermarkets advertise it but then they like to drum up events they can advertise about.

Comment

You're right. I'm just waiting on Sam day, when cheese and sliced turkey have great discounts!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Good morning all! I just went to the dump, bank and store. I woke up at 5:30, so I decided to make use of it, and get my store trip done. I stopped to check if my battery is still under warranty, but they weren't even open yet.

If it's still covered, then I'll get another, and if not, I'll just get the cheapest one they have that fits my car. The battery in the pink car is a Diehard, and has been kept on a charger. But it may not work either, plus batteries are HEAVY, and I don't want to hurt myself. As Dirty Harry said..."A man has got to know his limitations".

So tomorrow, I'll have to see about a battery, and go to CVS. I do have to use that "jump starter box" I bought, and it works great, but I don't want to do that every time I start the car.

Everyone have a great day!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Me again. It's Super Chat Sunday, isn't it? I went and got a new battery. It was more than I expected, but I was tired of jumping it. Now I won't have to worry about it. I'll have to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches the rest of the month, but oh well.

And as soon as I was leaving the battery place, my gas light came on, so I stopped and got gas. When it rains, it pours!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Since you were going out, Sam fails to understand why you didn't bring back something a little more edible than that battery. She can't sink her teeth into it somehow and it doesn't have much flavor.

But congratulations on the new battery, Howie. I hope it does its job for a very long time.

Comment

Howie, since it’s Sunday I assume you did your banking at one of the machines . I don’t like using those for myself because I think for an older woman alone it might be dangerous.

Glad you got another battery but sorry you had to pay anything. I hope they at least prorated it.
                            Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by agate View Post
                              It's only a ball--that's what I say. All that fuss about a ball?

It's amazing to me how much attention these sports events get now, compared to years ago, when all you ever heard about them was a few minutes of a typical news broadcast.

Now there are even special types of food you're supposed to stock up on for your game parties. The supermarkets advertise it but then they like to drum up events they can advertise about.
                              I am so glad John has no interest in professional sports which he calls unsports. We have not followed any of them since the Celtics had Danny Ainge, Bill Russell, Kevin MsHale and D.J. and Larry Bird. Those were the days!
                              Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Working...
                              X