Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: February Chitchat

Distinguished Community Member

Well, spent part of my afternoon on the phone, but the other part I did something constructive (I hope). I did my Federal and State Income Taxes. I had already hand written my Federal so I just went in and typed it on line. I did the form that you can type and print out so I could save a copy for me and a copy for my drug co-pay assistance if they ask for it. I always do that.

I lucked out years ago on my State taxes. More than 20 years ago a law was passed that N.C. State Employees did not have to pay taxes on their state retirement. So a group of lawyers got together and sued for everyone else not to have to pay taxes on their retirement. It is called "The Bailey Act". So since then I have not had to pay taxes on the money I get through the Department of Defense, Civil Service Retirement, Social Security, IRA or any Annuity. It has saved me many hundreds of dollars and I am so glad this was done. Of course there is always Federal taxes to be paid.

Anyway, if I get around to it tomorrow, I will try to check everything and finalize it. But then on the other hand, the floors need vacuuming. ugh!
    Virginia

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Very good work, Virginia. Your brain was sharp today.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Right now, I am truly suffering, I see that things could be better in awhile. But, it makes me sad I have little to offers BT right now. What I can, I will though.

I am not at deaths, door, so if I donít check in for days, know I am still around..

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hoping for better times ahead for you, Sunshine!
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Sorry to hear this, Sunshine. I wish I was closer.

Love and chocolate,
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Sunshine, we always love to hear from you, however many of us have had periods when we just felt so bad we didnít get on for awhile. I know I have, and I donít have going on what you do.

Just take care of yourself and keep us informed as you are able to.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Neighbor brought me a little bag of goodies up today. Not sure what is in there, but I do know there is a small cheese ball and a desert she made and something her daughter made. I am going to get into it for dinner tonight.

She had her bridge club in a couple of nights ago and saved some appetizers she made for me.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Neighbor brought me a little bag of goodies up today. Not sure what is in there, but I do know there is a small cheese ball and a desert she made and something her daughter made. I am going to get into it for dinner tonight.

She had her bridge club in a couple of nights ago and saved some appetizers she made for me.
    I need a neighbor like that! You must be very special to your neighbor. Nice.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Linda, this neighbor and I moved where we live when our places were being built. We would meet coming over to check how far they had gotten on our places. She got in March, 1993 and me in April. She is 79 years old and runs a very lucrative business out of her house. She has been a hard worker and her business has grown exponentially. Our town houses are alike, but where my deck is she had a room put in for her office and a deck off that.

She is a smart business lady who I admire and she is good with her money. Through the years we have remained friends, but because of her business we seldom get to see each other now. We use to go out to dinner. We use to go out with other ladies in the neighborhood also.

We have our book club and we use to have a Birthday club. Those in the Birthday club would get together the first half of the year to celebrate those Birthdays and again during the 2nd half to celebrate those. Like you our book club is once a month with a dinner out in May to discuss the following years books and a dinner in December to celebrate Christmas.

Such is the life in my neighborhood. Probably no one is really interested, but I had some time to kill before going to wash my face.😍

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

You missed a spot on your forehead!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast