No announcement yet.

February Chitchat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother went to Costco for me today to pick up my medication. He did not take a coupon from GoodRx, however the drug cost $18.73 for 90 days. The same drug for 90 days at Walgreens was $178.00. Both places were generics.

GO FIGURE!!
    Virginia

Comment

That's quite a difference. It obviously pays to shop around.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

I’m sorry you’re not feeling well today, Virginia. Glad your brother could get the RX for you. Good news on the price.

The picture is there in the post on my phone. There is nothing to open for me. I wonder if you went into settings for BT if there is something there about opening images automatically?

ANN
        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Virginia, you could try this:

In the Settings section (top of screen), go to General Settings, then to Thread Display Options, then to Visible Post Elements, and in that section make sure the box to the left of "Show images" is checked.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Here is an image that might put a smile on your face. Daughter sent it yesterday. Dahlia had her "hair done", complete with bows!
            Does it come through on your phone, Virginia?
            Attached Files

Comment

Sweet looking dog....even without the bows!
              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Doesn't come through Nuthatch, but a whole page is missing and I guess it will come through later. The last post is Lazarus commenting about Sunshine and then the next thing is Howie's post commenting on the dog. I am on my computer.

Love that big dog. She is precious and I can look at her and see that she is gentle. Would love to pet her.

Laura isn't coming this week. I don't know when she will be back. She called and said her Mother was sick and that she was going to Mexico. This is the second week. The worse part is my recycling. The ground is so uneven I am afraid to take it out. I can get to the garbage but the recycling is a different matter. Not sure what I will do about getting someone in. I dusted last week and I think that is alright for now, but guess I will have to steam mop the kitchen floor and my master bath, vacuum, I've already cleaned the toilet. So I just have to find a way to get the recycling out for right now. It's always something as all of you know.

My Doctor's office called this morning and told me they were going to refill a prescription that I have to have. It is Synthroid. However, the Nurse said that while she was going to refill it "this time" that I have to have a physical. I told her I didn't want to come in during flu season if I could help it, so she made appointment for late April. I never have physicals and I hope this is not a complete one. There is something called a wellness physical and I am hoping that will be it.
                Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by Virginia View Post
                  My brother went to Costco for me today to pick up my medication. He did not take a coupon from GoodRx, however the drug cost $18.73 for 90 days. The same drug for 90 days at Walgreens was $178.00. Both places were generics.

GO FIGURE!!
                  The owner of Costco has a very clear sense that there is a limit to how much profit he should make. That makes all the difference in this world.
                  Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

From Wikipedia:

The company's rule is that no item may be marked up more than 14% over cost and no Kirkland Signature item may be marked up more than 15% over cost.[4] The company runs very lean, with overhead costs at about 10% of revenue and profit margins at 2%.[4] Costco's annual membership fees (US$60/year for Gold Star, US$120/year for Executive as of 2019)[47] account for 80 percent of Costco's gross margin and 70 percent of its operating income.[48]
                    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

:) I went to CVS yesterday because they are supposed to give my insurance a break on OTC meds and vitamins. None rang up as lower price, so she cancelled the whole thing and just rang it normal. That way I had several bogo items and got some free.

Then I went in Walgreens to fill my 3 Rx's. When I got home one had NO refills listed and it was supposed to have 5 refills. I called and they looked it up and I was right so they changed it in their computer. From now on I will look at them when I get them while I am still there.

A nurse is coming between 3 and 5 to evaluate me for PT beginning Monday. I went to lunch with Andy and to the grocery store. It is cold here in the low 60's midday and 30 to 40 at night. I am layered up and have the heat on. Jeanie :)

Comment

There is an independent pharmacy here that delivers for free. Sometimes they cannot match those deals. Their prices are compatible with the big box for the most part, but their service is fast, helpful, community based family runs it.

Comment

Sunshine what a good service to have available to the community, especially the sick and elderly.
                          Virginia

Comment

Agate, remember the picture of you and William that wasn’t showing up on my iPhone, well now it is so I have you on my iPhone.

Nuthatches picture of Daliah still has not shown up. Hope it comes through.
                            Virginia

Comment

:) When I saw the doctor I asked for twice a week PT at home for 6 weeks. That would be 12 sessions. The nurse today said they are sending a nurse weekly and 5 sessions of PT.

I do not need a nurse just PT and more of it. I hope when the PT person comes I can get that changed. My leg and arm weakness is from laying in a bed for 5 months in rehab. Why is getting PT so hard? I am frustrated. Jeanie :)

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshine View Post
                                There is an independent pharmacy here that delivers for free. Sometimes they cannot match those deals. Their prices are compatible with the big box for the most part, but their service is fast, helpful, community based family runs it.
                                I've lived in 4 cities since MS, and each time I've tried very hard to latch onto a pharmacy that delivered. I usually found one though I often had to comb through the phone book and call each one to ask. I found that some that didn't list delivery as one of their services actually did deliver if I called and asked--or delivered within a certain radius of their location.

Has anyone tried the PillPack I've been hearing about?

Comment

Working...
                                X