Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: February Chitchat

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Linda, this neighbor and I moved where we live when our places were being built. We would meet coming over to check how far they had gotten on our places. She got in March, 1993 and me in April. She is 79 years old and runs a very lucrative business out of her house. She has been a hard worker and her business has grown exponentially. Our town houses are alike, but where my deck is she had a room put in for her office and a deck off that.

She is a smart business lady who I admire and she is good with her money. Through the years we have remained friends, but because of her business we seldom get to see each other now. We use to go out to dinner. We use to go out with other ladies in the neighborhood also.

We have our book club and we use to have a Birthday club. Those in the Birthday club would get together the first half of the year to celebrate those Birthdays and again during the 2nd half to celebrate those. Like you our book club is once a month with a dinner out in May to discuss the following years books and a dinner in December to celebrate Christmas.

Such is the life in my neighborhood. Probably no one is really interested, but I had some time to kill before going to wash my face.��

Thank you for this post...in a way it made me happy to read because I see that age and MS are indeed isolating ...and I feel less alone.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank you for this post...in a way it made me happy to read because I see that age and MS are indeed isolating ...and I feel less alone.
    Isolating, yes, but on the bright side, there are lots of books to read and movies to watch.

"So many books, so little time," as I saw on a T shirt once.

Virginia, it's good to know how you schedule your social arrangements. But it's too bad that your neighbor friend has been letting her connection with you slip away while she is too busy with her business.

You must miss seeing your neighbor friend as often as you did in the past.
    Last edited by agate; 02-14-2020 at 11:01 PM.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Agate, I have to take up for Sandy on letting our friendship go. She really has done what she has to do to have the business she has now. As a person who worked all my life I can understand it. She has my door key and my post office box key and she has made it plain that if I call she will do her best to get to me. So I feel that she does what she can. We exchange small gifts on Christmas and Birthdays and she now comes here to do it. I use to go to her house, but now I don't because of the walking it would take. I do worry about her because heart problems run in her family. When she was 22 she was sitting across a table from her Father waiting to see a Doctor and he died right in front of her eyes. Her younger Sister died about 3 years ago of a heart attack and her Sister's son (who my neighbor was extremely close to) died last year. Also her very best friend died last year. So, she has had a lot on her, but still she makes room for me. I also think she realizes that I don't need a lot of people around me now. I need one of those T shirts you were talking about with the saying "So many books, so little time". I love my books. This is the lady that usually gets me my book from the club. If she just can't then someone else does.
    Last edited by Virginia; 02-15-2020 at 06:25 PM.
    Virginia

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I am still suffering from sticker shock tonight. I picked up two Rxs at Walgreens (different pharmacy for me since K-Mart closed). So...one drug that I had been paying about $42.00 to $44.00 for 90 days cost $111.80 for my co-pay. Also, the drug that I have been getting at Costco, my Doctor's office got confused and sent new Rx to Walgreens and if I got 90 there like I have been getting at Costco it would cost me $178.00. Costco has been about $21.00 for 90 day supply. I hope drugs have not skyrocketed that much. I will ask for new Rx for the $178.00 and try to get it changed to Costco. Darn, I knew I was going to have problems when I went from one pharmacy to another. If it was just one or two prescriptions it would not be so bad but I have 8 to 9.
    Virginia

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

I take 7, but I go to CVS, and it's around $20. Do you have CVS in that area?
    Evolution spans the Universe.

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

We have CVS, but they are not real close to me. However, the main reason I didn't go there is because my insurance doesn't have them on their list. Pretty good reason wouldn't you say???

Howie, are you up for the night, I am on my way to bed. Goodnight!
    Virginia

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Virginia, that is a nasty surprise. Is it the first time you filled those scripts this year? Otherwise, it doesn’t make sense.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

I swam 1/2 mile this morning. Rested. Cooked a salad and finished up the dinner’s walnut encrusted flounder, which was tasty. Lied down and listened to a meditation that usually falls into a brief nap.

Made DH’s lunch.

Cleaned up the cooking.

Gathered the fixings for tomorrow’s stew that I have my eye on. Only a few pars will take a lot of time.

Still cannot read books, or listen to them very well.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Virginia ~

Currently, Jim has 7 meds, and we use only one pharmacy. It is close to our house, less than 2 miles, and it has a drive thru. I'm always amazed at how little our co-pay is.

We used to use CVS for many years, and then it closed near us. Jim read in Consumer Reports that CVS is the most expensive pharmacy in the country. I don't know whether that is true still.

I hope that you can transfer all of your meds to one pharmacy, and it sounds like Costco has the best deal.

Sunshine ~

Sending you healing, positive energy.

Love and prayers to all ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

18. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Virginia, I'm still up, but headed to bed after this last beer. I spend most of my day on YouTube. I'm into the paranormal shows mostly these days. I have an interesting theory about ghost sightings, and the paranormal, but will save that for another day.

Good night all.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast