Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: February Chitchat

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Sam was sitting across my shoulders until that big boom hit, then she jumped down on the bed, and I was trying to comfort her and keep her from running off and hiding. I think a big part of it is they, especially dogs, have that super hearing. It must sound really strange to them, and loud!.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Yes, Howie, if my brothers know a storm is coming up neither of them will leave their dog alone. They don't like for them to be that scared. They say they just shake. You know, my dog wasn't that bad. She would look at us and we would tell her it was alright and she would seem to calm down.
    Virginia

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I placed an Instacart order today and I am waiting for it. I got enough things that when I go to the store it shouldn't be too hard on me. Oops I just remembered something. I'll see if I can add it.

Edited to add: That order was here within half an hour. It came just as I finished typing. So, I forgot to get two items that I will have to pick up along with meats that I want to pick out. This order was shopped by a man and it was the first man that I have had that I liked. He was nice and got the order correct. I must admit it couldn't have been done better by a woman.
    Last edited by Virginia; 02-07-2020 at 11:14 AM.
    Virginia

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Once I had an Instacart order delivered by a couple--a man and a woman.

I've almost finished sorting and folding a load of laundry and am waiting for someone to come from the study I've been taking part in. They have to check their equipment from time to time, and today there will be an hour-long visit for that purpose. I'm not sure why they're bothering at this point since the study is scheduled to end in a couple of months. There is a software upgrade they need to do.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I’m good and well. ;-)

My brother and sister-in-law drove up to Mom’s from Asheville on Tuesday. Today they had 5 inches of snow and their truck got stuck and they had to call AAA. I don’t know what the total snowfall was. Mom stayed home and called a plow service and just watched “the beauty.” Good plan, Mom.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Good morning all! I'm up before the sun, and it's cold. 29 degrees right now.

I went to bed yesterday at 7pm without even eating. I slept until 3am, then fixed me a meal. I'll make coffee in a little bit. Sam is where she always is, stretched out on my lap.

I really would like to get a more normal sleep schedule. But since I did sleep yesterday, then if I keep on the same "sleep one night, awake the next" then tonight should be a no sleep night. I hope not. It's starting to wear on me.

Well, everyone have a great day.

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Ann, glad you are well and happy. Nice your Mom could enjoy it. Hope your Brother and wife were not going to start back until it got a little better.

Howie, what you are going through is not fun. I hope you can get off this schedule very soon. Are you on any kind of sleep med?

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Sorry not to answer right away, but I've been sleeping all day. I woke up a while ago expecting the sun to be showing in the hall. So I finally got up and looked at the time on my phone, and had to look several times for it to sink in.

So I guess I'll be up all night, but I did get sleep. Virginia, I do take an OTC sleep med, but it hasn't been working very well.

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Well, it's time for bed. I have such a different life from everyone else, but I guess we all do. That's how life is. Everyone have a great day!

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry not to answer right away, but I've been sleeping all day. I woke up a while ago expecting the sun to be showing in the hall. So I finally got up and looked at the time on my phone, and had to look several times for it to sink in.

So I guess I'll be up all night, but I did get sleep. Virginia, I do take an OTC sleep med, but it hasn't been working very well.
    Hi HOwie,
    John and I both have disrupted sleep patterns. I think it may be common with aging. When I really want/need a night’s sleep I take a swig of NyQuil. It works great. In the summer when I spent time working outside it is not so bad. But I am on and off again awake and then asleep most nights. If I get 4-5 hours of what I call heavy sleep I wake up with loads of energy.

Another thing that helps....if I start listening to an audible book in bed I usually fall asleep within half an hour! The set up let’s you select how long you want it to play so By the time I drift off my iPad will stop soon after. Works for me.

I bet we all have sleep disruption stories.....maybe we should put our stories together and write a book!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast