Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: February Chitchat

Distinguished Community Member

Good morning. I am concerned about Rose. She hasn’t posted in four days. I don’t know if she does Face Book. Does anyone know anything?

Prayers for her and Jim,
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rose doesn't use Facebook but she posted in the BT Politics blog yesterday afternoon. She keeps so busy that it's amazing she has time for us but somehow she manages.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

ANN ~

Thank you for your prayers and for thinking of us. Jim has had a few difficult days, and I will update his thread this evening. I started an update last night, but I was interrupted several times to care for him. He's feeling a little better today. But I had to cancel his CT/MRI scans, which were scheduled for tomorrow.

Prayers for all ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Went to get a dose of color for my hair and a cut today. Stopped by cleaners, drive thru post office and drive thru bank. On the way home I stopped in the new Food Lion that is so close to my house. I came home and fixed the rest of my chili that my neighbor brought me yesterday and a piece of cheese toast. She does make GOOD chili.

It is supposed to rain here tomorrow 4 inches. I am not sure about Friday. It rained quite a bit today and there was a hard rain yesterday evening. Four inches in one day is too much especially when the ground is already saturated. Maybe some of you have snow instead of rain. That is the reason I stopped at the grocery store I wasn't sure when I would get out again. I had plenty of food, but wanted something else other than what I have on hand.

Good night Howie!
    Virginia

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Virginia, is cheese toast something like a grilled cheese sandwich?
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

Good morning all. I just got a scare this morning. It's a steady rain falling, I'm sipping my first mug of coffee, Sam is sitting across my shoulders as I lean over the laptop, and BOOM!!!

A clap of thunder came out of nowhere. It made Sam get down in a hurry. Now I can hear a distant rumbling, but none before that first one.

It's supposed to rain all day, and I needed to go to the store, but not in this rain. I don't drive at night, and I don't drive in the rain.

Everyone have a great day, and stay dry!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Howie, I know what you mean. It was dark and raining here all day. There were almost constant alerts from the weather station this afternoon. I had a BOOM like you did. I think you sent it my way. It was a little unnerving. I am pretty sure there was some hail because I heard it hitting my skylight. I was thinking I hope that doesn't break and all this heavy, heavy rain come pouring into the house. It is suppose to clear some tomorrow and will be cooler. We had thunderstorm warnings, tornado warnings, flash flood warnings. You name it and we were threatened with it today.

Glad my hair appointment was yesterday. No way would I have made it today.

Agate, my cheese toast is where I just lay a slice of cheese across a piece of bread and put it in the broiler in my oven and toast it. It is good. Also good for breakfast. Since I had less chili than I did the night before that is how I stretched out my meal.
    Virginia

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Virginia, I'm glad you got that BOOM I sent your way. It wakes you up quicker than a mug of coffee.

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I have finally figured out my sleep problem. I'm on a sleep one night, no sleep the next, then sleep, and on and on it goes. This week it has been that sleep cycle. Tonight, while waiting on sleep, it came to me.

About 7:30 today, I will go to the store, then to CVS, then back and make another bowl of coleslaw. And I have one bag of trash ready, so that will be my first stop. Being awake all night is the perfect time to make your plans.

So everyone have a good night, and someone wipe that drool off of Virginia's face.
    Last edited by Howie; 02-07-2020 at 02:08 AM.

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good morning all. I just got a scare this morning. It's a steady rain falling, I'm sipping my first mug of coffee, Sam is sitting across my shoulders as I lean over the laptop, and BOOM!!!

A clap of thunder came out of nowhere. It made Sam get down in a hurry. Now I can hear a distant rumbling, but none before that first one.

It's supposed to rain all day, and I needed to go to the store, but not in this rain. I don't drive at night, and I don't drive in the rain.

Everyone have a great day, and stay dry!
    Wow. A few weeks ago we had a storm and the crash of thunder was so loud it scared us. Not thr typical thunder but very VERY loud.. moxie was scared by it too.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast