Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: February Chitchat

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

Good morning all! I just went to the dump, bank and store. I woke up at 5:30, so I decided to make use of it, and get my store trip done. I stopped to check if my battery is still under warranty, but they weren't even open yet.

If it's still covered, then I'll get another, and if not, I'll just get the cheapest one they have that fits my car. The battery in the pink car is a Diehard, and has been kept on a charger. But it may not work either, plus batteries are HEAVY, and I don't want to hurt myself. As Dirty Harry said..."A man has got to know his limitations".

So tomorrow, I'll have to see about a battery, and go to CVS. I do have to use that "jump starter box" I bought, and it works great, but I don't want to do that every time I start the car.

Everyone have a great day!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Me again. It's Super Chat Sunday, isn't it? I went and got a new battery. It was more than I expected, but I was tired of jumping it. Now I won't have to worry about it. I'll have to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches the rest of the month, but oh well.

And as soon as I was leaving the battery place, my gas light came on, so I stopped and got gas. When it rains, it pours!

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Since you were going out, Sam fails to understand why you didn't bring back something a little more edible than that battery. She can't sink her teeth into it somehow and it doesn't have much flavor.

But congratulations on the new battery, Howie. I hope it does its job for a very long time.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Howie, since itís Sunday I assume you did your banking at one of the machines . I donít like using those for myself because I think for an older woman alone it might be dangerous.

Glad you got another battery but sorry you had to pay anything. I hope they at least prorated it.

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's only a ball--that's what I say. All that fuss about a ball?

It's amazing to me how much attention these sports events get now, compared to years ago, when all you ever heard about them was a few minutes of a typical news broadcast.

Now there are even special types of food you're supposed to stock up on for your game parties. The supermarkets advertise it but then they like to drum up events they can advertise about.
    I am so glad John has no interest in professional sports which he calls unsports. We have not followed any of them since the Celtics had Danny Ainge, Bill Russell, Kevin MsHale and D.J. and Larry Bird. Those were the days!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Virginia, I ALWAYS use the ATM, I never go inside. I can pull up to it in my car, put the window down, and use my bank card. Then it spits out the cash, and a receipt, and off I go.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Virginia, I ALWAYS use the ATM, I never go inside. I can pull up to it in my car, put the window down, and use my bank card. Then it spits out the cash, and a receipt, and off I go.
    Off he goes, with all of that money burning a hole in his pocket, and the next thing you know, he's buying a car battery.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Thumbs up

I'm not up early, I'm up late. I tried, but couldn't fall asleep. So it's been You Tube, and TV. I need to call in a payment to my insurance company, THEN I may be able to sleep....or not.

I just have a hard time sleeping lately. I don't know why. I'm doing the same routine, haven't changed meds, but I still can't sleep. Sam doesn't have that problem at all!

Everyone have a great day!

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Does anxiety keep you up Howie?

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Sunshine, after I called in my insurance payment, I had two mugs of coffee, then slept the whole day until just awhile ago. Coffee puts me to sleep, but beer keeps me awake. I think my metabolism is wired wrong!

I don't really have anxiety. I worry about things like most people do, but it usually motivates me to do what needs to be done like the battery purchase. I'll be interested in how I sleep tonight after sleeping all day.

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast