Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Keep on Moving: February 2020

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can usually get back to sleep by playing an audio book set to turn itself off after 15 minutes or a music tape. I use an earbud so as not to disturb people, and it has a cord but I've never seemed to be in danger of getting too tangled up in it.
    That’s just what I do with an audio book! It works. I am listening to a book by Malcolm Gladwell that is really good but I put in on a chapter I already listened to and I fall asleep after 20 minutes or so.

As I have mentioned to HOwie on his posts about disrupted sleep I sometimes use a Swig of NyQuil. Works every time. I use this when I am desperate to sleep. Sleep disruptions are a big thing with me so solutions are really tested. If it were summer I could go spend hours digging potatoes!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Great to hear your news, Jeanie, and your step count, Agate.

I have continued to walk as many days a week as I can. At least three week days plus the shopping marathon on the weekend. I really need to schedule another visit to then physiatrist. Maybe a different one.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I plainly remember posting to this last night. If it shows up somewhere and is a duplicate I apologize.

Firstly, Jeanie youíre doing really great 👍 Keep going. Ann and Agate as always are shining example of perseverance and how it pays off.

Yesterday I went to cleaners, parked right in front so not much walking, then to Food Lion where I only got 2 containers of soup and they were located close to front. Again not much walking. Then went to Walgreens to pick up 2 rxs, then walked next door to UPS store to buy a book of stamps. After that I went to Harris Teeter and walked up and down several isle. I then went to Panera. Took 3 trips to get everything in.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is probably not advisable for anyone who wants to get more steps in but for many years I was shopping in supermarkets once a week but the supermarkets were always so big that I didn't want to wear myself out wandering around in them just to find something.

If the supermarket had a map of its store available, I latched onto it and kept it handy at home and took it with me to the store. I made out my shopping list in advance, using the map so I wouldn't have to make any detours. I was usually skipping most of the aisles that way and just hitting those aisles that contained items I was looking for.

If there was no printed map, I made one of my own.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Smart idea Agate. If I have a list I can pretty much find everything. I know the layout of most of the stores I go to. My main problem is that there is usually an item or two that the store doesnít carry and that entails deciding if I am up to going to a second store or not.

Thatís probably the reason Ann goes to all the different stores that she does with MIL.
    I think Ann said her MIL is 93 or 94, and she apparently can still do all that walking then go home and fix them tea. Really great to be that well off.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Yes, both Mom and MIL are 94. I was just amazed by MIL this weekend. I went to her house, out to lunch at Legal Seafoods and to Wegman’s. I was very tired to start with and they brought me home.

MIL still had two more stores to go and then get up her front steps and then up to her second floor apartment.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) I knew where everything was in my Publix but the new manager has had everything moved. Now I wind up hunting for the things on my list. The best thing is to go down every aisle as I will see the items on my list wherever they are. I wish they would leave it where it was. Jeanie :)
    Last edited by Jeanie Z; 02-16-2020 at 05:52 PM. Reason: typo

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

HORRAY FOR JEANIEíS HARD WORK AND PROGRESS

I swam 1/2 mile today Nd walked 6 minutes. In R2D2 most of the resto for he day.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Ann, the new Wegman's they built here is so big that I am told if someone walks over it that is a days exercise alone.
    Virginia

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

I swam 1/2 mile today. For some reason, I was able to be on my feet more today...

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast