What's happening? Part 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's happening? Part 3

I think it's about time to change the message # on this one. Eighty (!!) pages is just too long.

Friday here --- a cold, cold Friday with everything covered with ice. I got my refrigerator and panty all stocked and I'm not short of anything. I made a really good soup and a broccoli salad. Maybe I'll make some cookies this evening.

I'm waiting for the results of some biopsy things that were taken from my thyroid Monday. I wish that would hurry up.

The cats are well and happy. They love it when I'm stuck at home and can't go anywhere.

Morning Jingle, glad you're all tucked in. Blustery snow going on here, they said three inches possible but all my porch rails say we have gone past that. Is supposed to turn to rain this afternoon LOL, we will see how long the snow lasts. There is a wind warning out so if the wind is cold enough all that rain will ice up. Should be interesting to say the least. I too hit the store so we are all full up of fresh fruit and veggies. I am glad your furbabies are happy.Praying your results come back all good.

I made a food run Tuesday so my everything is full. I have so many fresh veggies from there I am not sure what to do with. I would like to freeze but I believe most everything has to be parboiled and some can't be frozen. They practically beg us to take cases of the fresh veggies so they don't go to waste but I wouldn't now what to do with them. I have tried giving away food but not everyone is big on seasonal veggies. I still have a spaghetti squash I am trying to decide what to do with. Use it or give it away.

I am so far feeling like the Trintillex is wearing out of my system. I feel a bit more energetic in the mornings whereas before I felt like a numb emotionless blob.

Jeannie it is almost getting to be that time of year for the sweet smell of fresh dirt and spring flowers. Do you have anything new in mind for planting? I saw that your son just turned 42, happy birthday to him. Hope he is well.

Sweet Joy I am yearning for an update. Hope you are doing okay. How are things in your neck of the woods?

Clouds haven't heard from you in a while. What be happenin'?

Everybody been keeping up with the upgrade news? Hoping to hear more soon.

Comment

hey all ,

jingle, i made a HUGE pot of veggie soup yesterday, too! chris, maybe you can make a soup with some of those veggies and freeze it? it's nice to defrost soup for dinner or lunch and have a meal ready.

put the spaghetti squash in the microwave for about 3 minutes, let it cool and peel off the skin. take out the seeds and cut it into cubes. you can put it in soup, make a soup out of it, or just put the cut up cubes in the oven and roast it until it's nice and brown. toss with a smidge of margarine (i like the original "smart balance"), salt, pepper and a bit of cinnamon. very good.

so i woke up earlier than usual because i thought i might go shopping today and my son wanted to go early. nope. a good 7 inches of snow on the ground and it's heavy. a shovelful probably weighs close to 15 pounds. i couldn't just push it, too much build-up. so i just scooped up a shovelful at a time and threw it to the side. i did the driveway in the yard and part of the grassy part so nora wouldn't have to push against that heavy snow to walk with her arthritic hips and back. then my son comes into the driveway and gets stuck at an angle across the sidewalk. so he shovels out the driveway in front of his car, moves it up and shovels behind it. i did the sidewalk, the sidewalk to our porch and the porch and steps. i also cleared out the neighbor's driveway in case he had to get out, just the incline from the street into his driveway so he could see where it was. he has a snoblower and he'll do my front sidewalk in the mornings before he goes to work.

yes, my son is 42 today! i can remember when he was born like it was yesterday. i made a small cheesecake for christmas and he asked me to make one for his birthday and i did that yesterday, too. now i won't feel too guilty having a piece since i shoveled snow for a good hour and a half! i'm not going anywhere today. and i like to shovel the snow even thought we're supposed to get rain later (for about 2 hours, the system is moving fast). with this much snow, i know the rain will just freeze on top of the snow and it'll be even heavier to shovel later.

lol, chris. crap. i got 2 weeks until my seasonal affective disorder starts lifting. i don't get excited about spring and gardening until close to late february, although i am planning on what to do first and what i really need to work on this spring and early summer.

i hope everything is okay with your thyroid, jingle. i had a pneumonia vaccine on thursday and some bloodwork done. i checked my patient portal and saw my bloodwork was in last night. everything is in the normal range. doc was checking my vit. d level and my tsh (for thyroid meds) and a couple other tests he does that i could look up to see what they're for, but really don't have the inclination because they are normal .

glad getting off the trintillex is giving you some energy in the mornings, chris.

have a good day, all and yeah, i hope to see some people who haven't posted in a while chime in...joy, dawn, clouds...etc. this used to be such a busy forum!

thank you for sharing and caring,
      jeannie
      Last edited by tic chick; 01-18-2020, 06:51 PM.
      WE ARE BT!
      "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
      "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
      "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Comment

Well, phooey … today (working on a holiday?) the ENT doctors' office called me. That thing growing in my thyroid (that thing declared benign by CT and Ultra Sound) is malignant.
        That's not as bad as it sounds -- a malignant growth in the thyroid is not as serious as it is in other parts of the body. So, I got back to that office on the 29th and we'll talk about what to do.

Comment

jingle ,

i'm sorry to hear that the growth in your thyroid is malignant.

yes, thyroid cancer is curable when caught early.

i'm sure you'll have a good outcome with this, as you said before, you've beat a couple of serious health probs already . whether they caught it now or had caught it with the ct scan, it could have been benign and just turned malignant, or it could have been malignant since the ct scan, although that's a pretty good test. whatever, you still have to do something.

keep us posted, please!

thank you for sharing,
          jeannie
          Last edited by tic chick; 01-20-2020, 01:35 PM.
          WE ARE BT!

Comment

((((((jingle)))))) ~

Jim and I are sending healing prayers your way and are here to support you. You're not alone, as you know, from your BT friends.

If you have any questions about chemo, immunotherapy, radiation, diet, CBD/THC, assorted medications, please ask us. We are literally up to date on all of that.

We send you our love and healing energy ~

Love & Light,

Rose & Jim
            Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Jeannie and Rose … many, many thanks for your words. I don't have the words to say just how much I appreciate them.

Comment

Jingle I am so sorry. Glad that they caught it in time. Saying lots of prayers for you and gentle (((((HUGS))))

Comment

hey all !

i just hate going outside in the winter and spring when the temps are above freezing and the snow has melted or rain has fallen. my yard is a mudpit. i have some clover seed mixed withother hardy grasses that i want to grow, but it can't be stepped on while it's growing. if it were just me, i could avoid the seeded areas, but nora, my dog couldn't. i will try and fence off specific areas with rabbit fencing in the spring and hopefully i can do small areas over a period of time.

i am making curried chicken and veggies for dinner. i kind of have a basic recipe with the right indian spices, but i more or less improvise on meat and veggies, depending what i have. today it's white and sweet potatoes and green beans, pretty good. i even remembered to buy fresh cilantro yesterday.

cleaned the stove top today and am washing sheets to change mine for tonight. the grammys are on. love the show with all the music. also reading a book.

hope y'all are doing ok, especially you, jingle .

thank you for sharing and caring,
                  jeannie
                  WE ARE BT!

Comment

Good morning everyone, I hope you're having a warm and dry morning. It's 29* here with thick fog!

Comment

i read little of this all-i sleep a lot

Comment

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... Globally Flakka has become prized for producing a sense of euphoria and sharpened senses. Yet side effects can cause terrifying outbursts of violent paranoia and wild hallucinations. It looks like household bath salts and can be eaten, snorted, injected or vaped. On Plymouth’s central precincts those who live on the streets suspect it is now being used in drug and alcohol cocktails. Jay Weston, a 40-year-old homeless man who has served time in prison, told The Sun Online that Flakka is one among many psycho-stimulants which are attractive "because they are so cheap". He added: "Some of the kids have absolutely no idea of the strength of what they’re taking.

the worlds gone mad

Comment

Morning all. Freezing here. Getting our late winter cold snap then hopefully things are going to start warming up. What? I can be optimistic.

Finished my PT for my thoracic trapezius area so now we are on to an MRI. Pain management proceeds to tell me that the kind of pain I am having sounds more cervical so here I go again to PT for cervical PT then I get my MRI of my neck. What a frickin' hassle. Another month. HE could have told me that when I described the pain the first time over a month ago. I guess maybe it is a good thing to get it all covered. A total MRI, that will be a first. Lower back done a couple of times. I don't know what has changed with him but he knows I have my MMJ card and asked if I used and I told him yes but it wasn't touching my worst pain. All I want is maybe one day a week where I can be relatively painless, by this time I am in tears, so he said I had to do a urine drop and if it came back only positive for marijuana then he would write me script for something. i about fell outta my chair. So soon I might get some relief. Just once in a while my mind needs a break from the pain. He's already talking about injections. Kripes just what I need. It would be nice if it was something PT would fix.

Brandon is in a pit of suffering and i don't know what to do for him or to say to him except to hang in there. 1 in 5 males have herpes. He is not alone. I believe it said 1 in 8 females. He has been retested but his urine test said he is not shedding any herpes cells which is a fantastic thing. He is waiting for the blood work to come back. They will probably call him Monday. The person who helped him at the health department, which is where I told him to go they are more experienced and more forthcoming with info and help, was very good at explaining to Brandon how things work. He has never had a break out so they could not do a blot test. So we wait. Pretty sure it will come back positive but we are praying for that off chance of a false positive. He also has genital warts that have been there for years and they said he at one time had HPV and they were the symptom so those are being treated and his body has overcome the HPV and he no longer has it. He still has not told his lady friend. He says she is going through so much that they do not get to see each other unless he goes to her work and of course they can't talk there. He is not around the children yet, he has not officially met them. he does not go to her house if the kids are there and her ex rarely gets them so they only talk on the phone and he can't bare to tell her on the phone. He is going to wait now until the new test comes back and then he will have to make time.

Comment

Promises to be a beautiful spring day here. The sun in blazing in the patio door on me and I can feel it's warmth. Almost all of our snow is gone, just piles from plowing or shoveling large amounts. Almost time to finish fixing the mower. There's something to look forward to lol.

Brandon told his girl about his herpes and at first like we knew she freaked out. Immediately went to the doctor five of which told her they do not do herpes tests unless you think you are having a breakout. It is hugely common. She finally got tested which came back negative which calmed her considerable and her best friend talked her down and helped become informed about how common it is and what the chances of her contracting it are. She and Brandon are back on thanks to this friend. They are taking things slow still but back on. I had hoped she would be a smart young lady and get informed before she tossed Brandon out. Brandon does not seem to be contagious. He is shedding no herpes virus neither in his skin or his urine so that is a great thing.

I went to the cardiologist yesterday and talked to his nurse instead of him and took my list of diagnosis and had her explain it to me. Looks like there is no particular cause found for my heart attack the little muscle that was damaged by my heart attack has strengthened back up and as for blockages in my neck there was only some noise that could be nothing or a slight bit of plaque but it is so little that they couldn't say if it was blockage or white noise so they are saying my heart is healthy, I do not have artherosclerosis. I am so relieved all I can think about is having another heart attack in my sleep again but not waking up or being alone out working in the yard and having one. I am not out of the woods but the trees are fewer and farther between. There are things that must be done to ensure I do not have another. One thing I don't like is that over the last year I have gained almost 20 of my pounds back. I know it is pop and chocolate. My knees and my feet can feel it. I have started gorging myself at lunch time with what starts out as a relatively healthy lunch with some fruit and a fat free ham sandwich made with delicious 12 grain whole wheat bread but then there are the after sides. I have been trained to want dessert after I have eaten or want chips and dip which I seem to have developed an affinity for then still need something sweet to eat. I wind up eating so much that when I take a nap afterwards I feel like crap when I wake up and my stomach is still full and bloated from just laying there. I am going to dial back and the pop has to go. I was down to drinking a regular sized Coke once or twice a week. Now I am back to a 2 liter which lasts me like two days a couple times a week. I am getting no exercise what so ever. I get up and get on the puter, then once the cats are fed and I have putered more I pick up the house or clean some things then lunch, movie, nap. I need to get my exercise chair back out and hook up my VCR so I can play my workout DVD.

It is almost time to get out and get my catio finished. I have screen that needs finishing putting up, as soon as it starts warming up enough to go out in a jacket I can get to it. There is so much out in the yard that needs to be finished. Jared is going to be very busy and help me.

The rescue I work with has cats on show at our local Petsmart and we call it Kitty City. Everybody takes turns cleaning it. The cages get cleaned every morning before they open by the employees and then a volunteer comes in the early evening and cleans again. I had volunteered despite my pain levels and made Jared go and help me. When I told him I needed help he had a fit. I volunteered before my upper back got bad and when it came time I could barely raise my arms or turn my head so I made him go. First time he made a big deal out of all the way there, a mile and a half lol, but once we got there he was hooked. Taking kitty pictures and sending them to friends. Getting fresh water and replenishing food just being really helpful. He never complained again. The other day he asked me when we cleaned again, I have not made plans cause of my pain, so I guess we can make another round

Comment

Big deal for me today … at "my" (I spend so much time there) medical center, the super nice hearing woman put in my hearing aid. My goodness, what a big deal. Very easy, very simple and it works. I'm walking in a very different world - amazing.

Comment

Working...
                              X