Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's happening? Part 3

Distinguished Community Member

i hope all are doing ok in this heat. i am, i am covered upinside just as much as i was during the winter, thanks to AC, lol. just wanted to pop in and say hi and catch up. that didn't take long but it was worth it even if the catching up was for a much shorter list than it use to be. those that continue to show up are very special folks just like they always were. tZke care, later

2. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Home protection only I assure you Clouds. I am all for gun control but am not for disarming the educated gun owner. I am talking like everybody in the house goes to gun training. Repeated every year to keep up their license. Limits and taxes on ammunition and no access to ammunition for guns they have no business owning. Barrel ID database. Every barrel leaves it's own 'fingerprint' on a bullet and should be registered into a big database. Public limited access to types of guns. There are many reasonable things that can be done without disarming a gun owner. I did a huge paper in college on gun control which was, at the time, a big topic due to some postal shootings which I also did a paper on in my business class. I miss school. Using my brain.

I have honestly not gotten a thing done, my yard is a neighborhood embarrassment, I called the neighbor man to mow for me because my mower is still broken down and looks to never be fixed, I know that there is a lot I need to get out and do but my pain levels are at a constant high and thanks to my shoulder moving my arms hurt and I can't lift anything. I am supposed to be in a sling. Guess I will call the medical supply place and see if they have gotten my prescription for it yet. Feeling it today and changes in the weather make everything worse.

Brandon finally has managed to save enough money for a car so of course all the ones he wants to see get sold out from under him. I told him he needs to jump on those, making a next day appointment does not work, first man with money gets the sale.

I am down to one foster, our sweet Sadie got adopted within days of being put in Kitty City so I have only Louise. I am considering making her a foster fail and quitting fostering full time for Los Gatos. They don't like me to have other animals while I foster for them which I get, germ spreading and all that, but it makes me practically useless. There are so many cats that need help and if I wasn't fostering I would be more help. I would like to be a holding place for kitties to at least get them off the street while a rescue is found for them. I have helped 25 cats and kittens just within the last month and there are four more directly connected to people I know. Usually it is FB posts I help kitties from but some family then friends mention they have kitty issues so then just by knowing about it I feel obligated to do something. I am obligated to do something.

Our heat wave seems to have broken and it will be nice enough to be outside today. It has been a scorcher here seems like for weeks. Very little rain though today it looks as though it will but the forecast says no. Just low 80s for today. My tomato plant is growing very slow though it is supposed to be mini tomatoes I don't think that includes the plant LOL.

Having my fence up for my dogs is an absolute dream. I can just open the back door and off they go. They act like it has always been there. It is big enough for the dogs to have plenty of room but small enough that I can push mow it. May take me two days but I can do it lol.

I have put on 20 pounds over the last year and my knees and feet are feeling it. Scheduled for knee injections which helps for a while. Then hopefully I can get my screen up and finished for the catio.

Am wearing a heart monitor for the next week. Have been having heart palpitations for the last four of five days when I would lay down for my nap and then yesterday they were coming back to back then they would calm then they would hit me back to back again whether I was up moving, sitting or laying down. Laying down they were most active. I understand everybody has heart palpitations and it is normal to a point but this was scaring me. Considered going to hospital but got into my cardiologist almost right away so they sent me home with a monitor for seven days. Told me no coffee while I am on it, not listening very well but I noticed today no major heart palpitations of course now that I have this thing on. They should have gotten a good reading from yesterday and last night. Am hoping maybe it is a med adjustment.

Well I have been working on this for days and I guess it just goes to show I got a whole lot of nothing new to say.

4. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Gonna be honest here and say I have been in a funk. This pandemic has limited my social ability and so I find myself in this hermit mode and have been outside very little. I do grocery pick up, get gas, and go to the few doc appts I am required to be present at. I have developed a serious case of lack of self care. Everything from deep cleaning the house to brushing my teeth. I just don't really care that much and I don't have anybody that will notice anyway. LOL, though I know. My mind is full up. Am I depressed? I think I am more numb. Am I suicidal? No but I will be so happy to be with God. I am very tired. Already. I still have a ways to go the way I see it and the thought of every day is tiring.

My pain does nothing but increase. Right now I have a tear in one of my shoulder muscles and inflammation in my bursa. This I am praying is a one time thing as I cannot imagine suffering from bursitis on top of everything. I believe I may have had the inflammation then tore my muscle lifting a box trap out of my van without knowing how heavy it was because I was not the one who put it in there. They are making me do physical therapy despite the tear and I have an appointment with an ortho at the end of flippin' September. I am going to make some phone calls on Monday and see if I can't get in somewhere else.

All injected up so am hoping to be able to get more done in the yard. That always lifts my spirits and makes for great napping.

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Chris)))))) ~

You are not alone.

Maybe, even though you are all "injected up," you might want to rest your muscles and let them recover.

I have found that when I feel better, and I try to do more than I should, I pay for it later. This is one area, where you might apply "serious self care." Take it easy and let your tear mend.

Healing prayers on the way ~

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

8. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Last edited by clouds z; 08-18-2020 at 01:01 AM.
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Thanks clouds -- I didn't know these even existed! I subscribe to Spectrum $$$ but do not get even one movie channel.

11. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Thank you Clouds, looked it up and looks worth watching. I love Pluto. I have a Roku and watch Pluto often for the movies and for the home redo shows. I will be watching this.

Jingle I got rid of cable and invested in two Rokus. I pay a small fee for Netflix and Amazon Prime and Hulu I get free through my ex's subscription. Saves me tons of money. There are a ton of free channels to watch old TV shows on also. I am mainly a movie watcher and I love my horror so there are a couple series I am working my way through.

Been going to PT for my shoulder. Yes I have Bursitis and am praying it does not become a chronic thing. The tear in my muscle is taking forever to heal. I imagine if I had worn a sling all this time it may have been but then they tell me they want me to move it so the muscles don't atrophy and so they become strong enough to take the slack up from it just hanging and pulling. Whatever. It still hurts, sometimes worse than others.

For a change I am no longer fostering anybody. I have a chance to do some serious cleaning and rearranging in my foster room. Am keeping an eye out for those that I have helped recently, have been some health scares but every body is going to be fine. I spent 12 hours at the emergency vet which is an hour from me on Sunday, got home at 5:30 Monday morning. Fed the animals and slept until 2:30 Monday afternoon, like a rock. Then remembered that I had a contact to make at 2:30 for my last feral to his new barn. So had to rush around to hurry up and get that done. Then lumbar and sacral injections Tuesday morning and here it is Wednesday and I just got home from PT and I still feel wiped out. House is a disaster so am going to make Jared vacuum and sweep the front porch; which is covered in one of our nearby tree's many sheddings that get damp and will rot the wood if not removed. I also have a 40lb bag of litter pellets that needs to be brought in and dishes that need to be done. Never ends. Stuff we have to do until we meet our maker, hopefully he is not huge on spotless houses but I will surely get a lecture on a "clean house".

13. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Where is everyone? Please check in. Hoping you are OK.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

15. The following user says "thanks"

alive but not doing too good
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast