Thread: Snappy comebacks--might be amusing

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Snappy comebacks--might be amusing

Sometimes we don't know what to say in reply to someone. This little "article" that is more of a cartoon might provide some suggestions for comebacks:

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/dail...term=TNY_Daily
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like the New Yorker and snappy comebacks often escape me at the moment I need them. When someone comes and tells me the magical healing powers of shiitake mushrooms I respond by saying...”really!? I did not know that and will be sure to mention it at my next visit with my neurologist. I can get snarky by asking for an article or book referencing how this or that cures MS.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Asking for a book on an MS cure is a good one Linda.
    Virginia

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like the New Yorker and snappy comebacks often escape me at the moment I need them. When someone comes and tells me the magical healing powers of shiitake mushrooms I respond by saying...”really!? I did not know that and will be sure to mention it at my next visit with my neurologist. I can get snarky by asking for an article or book referencing how this or that cures MS.
    Laz, I'm even worse, I ask for a copy of the double blinded study they are relying on.
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

8. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

I am so grateful for your care and concern. It warms my heart that you think about how to help me. The main help I need now is rides, occasional help cooking, and your ever present kindness.

10. The following 2 users say "thanks"