Thread: Messages from Tom Cat

Distinguished Community Member

The flowers he put out are pretty.
    Virginia

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

(((((((Ralph)))))) ~

What a beautiful garden you have created to honor your beloved Ann. I am certain that she is smiling and watching over you, especially today.

May the love and joy you shared bring you peace and comfort.

Thank you, agate, for connecting us with Ralph.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This message is from all the way back on 9/10:

Rose, Yes it's one of those water fountains for s & s. We've had one for the cats for over 14 yrs. One of the earlier cats dumped the water dish over all the time. This worked fine for her, & the cats since. Cats can't see still water. They see through it. That's why they frequently put their paw in it. They can see the ripples. Plus it can be entertaining.

Last edited by agate; 09-24-2020 at 04:30 PM.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

From Tom Cat (9/16/20)--he's using emojis sometimes but they may not be visible:

Our daytime temperatures are in the high 60's, with 70's some days. The nights are in the 50's. Moisture has been good lately, after several weeks of drought. The prairie flowers are fast fading, & I've been collecting seeds for putting in prairie on Joe's land. I need to go now, since my eyes are getting blurry. I'm on an old Kindle with small print. My usual one isn't charging well. I do want to thank Rose for the message, & virtual hugs. We all certainly need them these days. Momma cat, Maggie is really into catching mice lately.

Ann has a fully functional computer, which I use solely for my bank account. After that I don't know what to do with it. It has all kinds of windows, which if I could get in, I would not know how to get out of. I really scared
    the daylight out of me. I'm only going to get in there if I have a on help. They have senior community services here, but they are cancelled until the pandemic gets under control. The few hours Joe or in the past Myrna gave me helped, but not very far. A couple times I lost my bank account entrance, when it wouldn't take my password. It took me a day or two calling the bank to get in. Because I unknowingly used the password 3 times or more in a row, it locked me out, for security reasons, 2 times. Until I got back in I had anxiety attacks for a couple days. For me getting into the bank is my teddy bear.

I got into Brain Talk once to read the 1st messages after Ann died, but that was it. I didn't get anything after that. Many a day I feel like a fossil. I really need to find someone to hire a couple days a week for a few hours to get me going. Someone like a 6 yr. Old, aye?

Got the porch part of the ramp, scraped & spackled today. Hopefully I can paint it tomorrow. I usually painted the ramp & deck at least every other year. But these last few years I didn't find the time. Time for a late TV dinner meal & feed the cats. I've got 10 or so mouse traps out in the basement, near the door to up here, & one at the kitchen door on the garage side, etc. I'm trying to keep Maggie
    from catching them. She was doing okay, until 4 days back. She caught one, & I let her play & kill it for a few minutes. Bad idea. She bit its head off & ate the head. I got the rest & threw it in the driveway for the crows. She did okay, but I don't want her to get worms or the like. She may have got her old outside self back, from before we brought her in.

In the meantime I have folks in on the weekends for deer bow hunting & turkey hunting. One of each has been taken so far. Late dinner now. Take care.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I didn't know Cats couldn't see still water. Hope I don't dream of cats biting the heads off mice tonight. Ralph is descriptive. I am glad he is doing so well.
    Virginia

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Tom Cat placed this bouquet of asters and gladioli as a tribute to Cat:

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Sent Thursday:

After a number of hours spent trying to get a mailing label to send my Kindle Fire in to get it fixed, I gave up. They need an e-mail address to send the Fed-Ex label to. I tried that with neighbor Marty, & that wasn't going to happen. I tried to find someone in the area who could do it. I came up with 2 places in Appleton, an upscale high-tech city, about an hour out. Went there yesterday & found a place that will put a new charging port in it. It should be ready next week. One of the guys there uses a Kindle Fire too, so that helped. It'll cost about the same as a new Kindle, but I wouldn't know in a blue moon how to transfer the stuff from my old Kindle to a new one. Unfortunately Kindles are known for having plug in ports. Ann lived on them, & ran them day & night, replacing one each year or two. The guy at the repair shop said they have a program for me to get into my/Ann's computer which may help. I may take them up on it. My friend Marty & his late wife are Macintosh folks, & don't do much with IBM systems.

Joe's here right now, but we're not getting together, since he's quarantined until his wife's test for covid 19 comes back. She is a sub superintendent for a school district, & works with the school nurses. They've had trouble getting the proper protection equipment lately. I'll let you know more as I get info.

I did watch the presidential debate, or whatever you want to call it. I do think they have to give the moderator the ability to turn the mike off, if anyone interrupts or goes over their time. At the same time it wasn't anything unexpected.

The temperature has been between 40 & 55 for a few days now. & on & off rain all day & night. A few tenths of rain each day. Just enough that you don't want to do anything outside. The cats have been up in my lap now & then, when I take time out on the couch. That's a comfortable feeling in these crazy times, aye?

I'm breaking to rest my blurry eyes. I'll get back to you on the prairie planting later. Tonight we're scheduled for frost. Other than the asters it should be over for the flowers tonight, with frost expected. Take care. And virtual hugs. We all need them now.

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Ralph)))))) ~

The asters and gladioli arrangement for Ann is just gorgeous. I'm sure she is pleased and smiling upon you.

I'm glad that you are getting your Kindle repaired. Perhaps your could call the provider for your computer internet to request guidance in the issues you're having. If you have a Mac, you can call Apple support. They can walk you through the steps over the phone. It might be worth a try.

If you have a "Favorites" on your computer, you might check there, as Ann may have added BrainTalk and other sites to her Favorites list. You can just click on the site and be there without searching.

Everyone I know gets frustrated over computer issues. I often say,"The computer is a wonderful thing, until it isn't."

You have certainly been busy around your home and prairie. I hope that you take time to rest too. It's a lot to take on.

Prayers for Joe's wife to be COVID negative. And prayers and positive energy for you, Ralph, as you continue on your journey in the prairie. I have no doubt that Ann is beside you every moment of every day.

We truly miss her here. And I believe that she is pleased that you are maintaining contact with us, so that we can share your journey and support you.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

From Tom Cat on Saturday:

Sorry to hear the fire smog from California fires is with you again. I need to write my fraternal twin brother out there. He's north of the Golden Gate, in wine country. We usually get a note from him twice a year. He never says much that makes sense. They drafted him early in the Nam war. He didn't see combats, but it changed him. He only came back for our marriage & mom's death. We have a strange history. He belongs in California, & had a couple long-time male companions who have died by now. I need to write him, but I'm not sure what to say. He only communicates by snail mail.

It's raining a little, with temperatures in the high 40's. Trying to rig some brackets to put post terminals on a side terminal battery for a golf cart. It only needs a lawnmower battery, but they do not come with post connections. A car battery costs over double. It's one of those things I do. Yesterday toward evening I put the new riding mower on a couple of ramps, crawled under & changed & sharpened the blades. It took about 3 hours. Holding a block of wood up, to keep the blade from moving, while removing it became a real chore. The stop block kept falling down. I need to find a better way, or someone to hold the block in place. Went though all of Nixon's expletives while I bolted the blades down.

Now time to make a mail run. Oh yes, Joe .. is in quarantine here right now. It's got to do with his wife, & the nurses she works with. He's being quiet about it, & I'm letting him give the details as the test results come through. In the meantime we're keeping apart for a week or two, anyway. More later.

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

From Tom Cat today:

Last of the gladioli for the season. These were outside & falling over. May have frost over the next few nights. Take care.

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast