Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Messages from Tom Cat

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Ralph)))))) ~

You and Marty share so much in common, and I'm so glad for both of you that you are able to have breakfast together every morning. Both of you gave your soul mates incredible love and care. You're traveling the same path and understand how the other one feels. That must be comforting. Also, it gives both of you encouragement to get up in the morning, have a good breakfast and center yourselves, before you begin your day.

It sounds like you have a variety to your breakfasts, which is good. I try to do the same thing. One of my breakfast options is organic oatmeal, with a bit of maple syrup, coconut milk, cinnamon, and any kind of fruit~ blueberries, bananas, whatever fruit you have in season or can find frozen.

I have not heard of lefse, so I Googled it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lefse

I'm sure it is delicious. What a treat for you and Marty. And, it brought you memories of your time in Norway with Ann.

Sending prayers and healing, positive energy to you and Marty. Be well and safe ~

Agate ~ As always, thank you for keeping us connected to Ralph.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I do remember hearing about lefse once. There was a PBS special. I think it was even about a place in Wisconsin. But I had never heard of it before that. And when you mentioned it, Ralph, I was trying to search my memory. Thank you for filling in that lost memory.

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Reply from TomCat:
    You're welcome . I think there are probably a thousand or so flat breads around the world. It's what most ground grains were first used for. Leavens came much later, with wood ash, yeast, etc. We see flat breads most recently in wraps. You can put anything in them that you can put in a sandwich. Even the Aztec & other new world groups had flat breads. They fried corn & water mixtures on hot flat rocks. Sometimes they were rolled in cones when hot, & these were used to scoop food out of pots. The food & cones were eaten as one.

Thanks for the interest.

MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Message from TomCat (today):

Thank you all, for thinking of me. Marty set up for us to go over to a church & pick up three Thanksgiving dinners. The third was for a lady on our private road, for whom Marty has been cleaning the snow off her driveway pad & sidewalk for years. She had some shoulder surgery a few days ago & couldn't get out on her own right now.

It was a nice turkey dinner, with mashed potatoes & canned cranberry jelly. The food was good, except for the canned cranberry. Ann & I ate it coarsely ground with orange & apples. We tend to eat & drink cranberries in many forms in Wisconsin. They even have some nice table wines from cranberries. It's become an in thing in the last 30 years or so. I believe we're the largest producers of cranberries in the US now. I think you have some cranberry wet lands in Oregon too, aye? Also BC, Canada.

We had 4 inches of wet snow Tuesday, but it's mostly gone now. Still summer equipment to put up, & waiting for the blower to come in for my John Deere riding mower/tractor. I've been waiting over 7 weeks now. ... My 29-year-old old pickup & trailer won't make it up this driveway in winter. Other than that, I think I'm ready for winter.

No more sagas with chipmunk, though they do show up in the juniper bushes in front, now & then, & the bird feeders. I do think they smile at me with their cute beady eyes when they see me.

ay hello to everyone from me. Praying all the old folks with compromised immunities, & front line workers can get the vaccines for COVID19, by early next year. Take care, & stay safe.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

8. The following 2 users say "thanks"

For some reason I can no longer see the photos in this thread.

10. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Thanks for the alert, Parsi. I'm not seeing the photos either from August on back to the start of the thread. I wonder if the thread has become too long? Maybe only so many images can appear in a thread, and then some of them get whipped away?

I'll start a new thread for Tom Cat and we'll see if we lose any more images.

It's too bad to have lost those earlier photos. And you say you're not seeing any of them at all?

12. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

agate ~

The only photo I saw throughout the thread was the one of Ralph in the woods taking coffee to Marty. The rest are gone. Such a shame. But, we did enjoy all of them as they were posted. Thank you for continuing to keep us connected with Ralph.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

14. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Thank you for looking, Rose. I'm not finding any photos now either except for the one you mentioned.

I went to the Facebook Messenger conversations with Ralph, which is where I got the photos from. The photos are no longer there either. I don't know why--but he did mention transferring everything from an older Kindle to a newer one. I have a feeling that the photos were casualties in that transfer, and that is why we're no longer seeing them.

16. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

This was sent Thursday.
    Thank you all, for thinking of me. Marty set up for us to go over to a church & pick up three Thanksgiving dinners. The third was for a lady on our private road for whom Marty has been cleaning the snow off her driveway pad & sidewalk for years. She had some shoulder surgery a few days ago, & couldn't get out on her own right now. It was a nice turkey dinner, with mashed potatoes, & canned cranberry jelly. The food was good, except for the canned cranberry. Ann & I ate it coarsely ground with orange & apples.

We tend to eat & drink cranberries in many forms in Wisconsin. They even have some nice table wines from cranberries. It's become an in thing in the last 30 years or so. I believe we're the largest producers of cranberries in the US now. I think you have some cranberry wet lands in Oregon too, aye? Also BC Canada.

We had 4 inches of wet snow Tuesday, but it's mostly gone now. Still summer equipment to put up, & waiting for the blower to come in for my John Deere riding mower/tractor. I've been waiting over 7 weeks now. I can't take it over (20 miles) to be mounted when it snows. My 29-year-old pickup & trailer won't make it up this driveway in winter.

Other than that, I think I'm ready for winter. No more sagas with chipmunks, though they do show up in the juniper bushes in front, now & then, & the bird feeders. I do think they smile at me with their cute beady eyes when they see me.

Say hello to everyone from me. Praying all the folks with compromised immunities & front line workers can get the vaccines for COVID-19, by early next year.

Take care, & stay safe.
    Last edited by agate; 12-02-2020 at 09:30 AM.

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

So glad Ralph had a nice Thanksgiving meal and his friend to share it with. Hope the blower comes in for his tractor soon.
    Virginia

20. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617 LastLast