Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Messages from Tom Cat

Distinguished Community Member

Now that is what I call getting into the spirit of things.
    Virginia

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

agate ~

Thank you for sharing Tom Cat's messages. I love his photos. However, the photo you posted of his July 4 event isn't showing on my screen.

Sounds very patriotic. I have one question, however: Why did gentlemen need two flys in their pants?

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

3. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rose, sure enough--that photo wasn't showing for me either. Odd because yesterday it was showing. I've tried again, and we'll see how long this one lasts.

I'm sorry I can't answer your question about the double-fly pants except that this was often a type of fly used before zippers came along, maybe?

Or maybe men were just more manly back then?
    Last edited by agate; 07-06-2020 at 05:01 PM.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Will be be firing off a few rounds from my swivel gun cannon today for the 4th. My friend Joe will be here with wife, Joanne. I might put on my gentleman's clothes for the period. Lacy shirt, button down collar, French button down double fly pants, & a wool waist coat, plus a tricorner hat. It's very uncomfortable, but if it weren't, it wouldn't be gentlemen's clothes.

Later Tom Cat took a photo of this event:

I am so glad I saw this picture. Fantastic!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog Entries

agate ~

Thank you for fixing the photo. I can see it now!

Tom Cat looks quite gentlemanly in his 1700s attire! I'm sure that he knows why their pants had a double button fly.

When he mentioned firing off a cannon, I was expecting a great big cannon! Similar to the ones in just about every small Midwestern town square. I've never seen a miniature cannon. So clever!

The scenery is lovely, all of those gorgeous trees.

Tom Cat, you are in my prayers, and I admire how well you are adapting and adjusting to your "new normal." May God grant you peace, comfort, strength, and healing.

Love & Light,

Rose

Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

7. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I'll be transmitting your replies to him, as well as bringing another message from him over here too but sometimes I'm slow. It's possible I may not get to it until late on Sunday.

The bazaar I seem to be stuck with being in charge of is going forward in the next few days and it promises to be a busy time.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

9. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I am not sure Tom Cat is wearing shoes of the period. They look a little more comfortable than the rest of his attire.
    Virginia

11. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

agate ~

You are such a good friend to do all that you've been doing for your neighbor. I'm sure she is smiling upon you with gratitude. You have had so much going on recently, so please be sure to take care of yourself and not overdo.

Virginia ~

You're right; TC's shoes look modern. Maybe he just wanted his feet to be comfortable.

Love & Light,

Rose

13. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I'm finally catching up a bit here. This is from July 5:

Waking up with a cup of coffee and a grilled cheese sandwich. Was up for a while last night watching the fireworks out of the living room window. There is a small town and a ski resort nearby, and we could see the fireworks from the living room and bedroom windows. While the fireworks were going, Maggie sat in a window and Smudge on the floor being petted. They looked a little bewildered by the flashes of light, but with no loud thunder following, they just stayed to watch the flashes of light in the sky. Ann and I watched the 4th's fireworks from the bedroom most every year.

Looks like we're in for a full week of 90 degrees, with 10 to 30% rain chances. Ten degrees above normal, and really humid. Take care.

15. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I hope to be able to finish matching up the names with the flowers soon here but this was from July 6:

And here are the prairie flowers for the day, top to bottom: little blue stem grass, Queen Anne's lace (wild carrot), white aster, small yellow flower, common field milkweed, Canada wild vetch, purple prairie clover, purple prairie clover close up, rough-headed bush clover, shiny small yellow flower, pale purple cone flower with butterfly, coreopsis, butterfly weed, white aster, pale purple flower and coreopsis close up. Take care.

LLittle blue stem grass

Queen Anne's lace (wild carrot)

WWhite aster

WSmall yellow flower

CCommon field milkweed

Pale purple coneflower with butterfly

Pale purple coneflower close up

17. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast