Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Messages from Tom Cat

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

More activities reported by TC:

Good morning! Spent yesterday at the hospital having my 3-week blood draw and hemoglobin boosting shot. Something that's been going on for 4 to 5 years. One of them genetic things. I blame it [on] the 3% Neanderthal I got in me. Waiting for the blood work and the shots took up most of the afternoon. This hurry up and wait stuff leaves a lot to be desired, aye?

Cats are [quiet] after having their morning can treats. Time to make my breakfast and get my ambition up, a wood fire in the work shed, and more snow removal.Need to be ready for more snow later in the week. Take care.

MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Thanks Agate for the updates from Ralph.
    Virginia

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

A message and photos from Tom Cat:

Hi Joan!

Hope this finds you doing okay. I haven't caught up with folks for a month or so. I'm sending you a couple pictures of Smudge cat. One shows her this morning, staring out at the overcast weather this morning. It's raining a little all day. The other picture gives you a good look at her big paws.

I've been in the doldrums on & off, with income taxes, TV problems, & other financial things. It seems I get one thing fixed & another pops up. I do want to get pictures out to you of the memorial service. It's been 3 months now.

On the good side the weather is up in the 50's these days, & it hasn't snowed , other than flurries in several weeks. I just get into these anxiety moods where I lose all self confidence. I got a 2nd eye exam tomorrow, to see what can be done with some scarring in the eyes. After reading for 45 minutes I get blurry vision. It may be corrected with laser surgery.

I fried up some salmon, for the first time today, an hour ago. I need to get into cooking more. It's still hard eating without Ann around. Take care.

Last edited by agate; 03-09-2020 at 12:50 PM.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

6. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Message to TC:
    Anxiety is highly treatable. Hoarding is one form of anxiety. Grieving can increase the sensation of anxiety. I urge you to find a Cogntive Behaioral Therapist Psycoloigst, maybe even one that also does EMDR to lower the anxiety.

And/Or go see a reputable psychiatrist for meds. They are effective if the right one is chosen . I wish you well. Grieving, loneliness, its tough.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Ralph, what Sunshine said about grief causing anxiety is very true. I lost my husband some years ago. I still remember the anxiety and loss of confidence I felt for quite awhile. Take as good care of yourself as you by all means seek help if you need it.
    Virginia

10. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I've forwarded Sunshine's and Virginia's messages to TomCat because as far as I know he's not able to read the posts here.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Another message and photos:

Message from Tom Cat:

First of all, this is the snow fall we had last night. About 2 in. ...I removed some of it by the buildings and the house. By the afternoon most of it had melted away. In the meantime yesterday I got to see the ophthalmologist ... 35 miles east of here. I got there and they were ready to do the laser surgery. I [gave] the ophthalmologist the okay, and he put holes in the scar tissue, which should flatten the surface inside and remove the astigmatism. It sounded like a bb gun.... Hopefully my blurry vision after reading for 45 minutes will improve. ...

I had a [grief] counselor stopping by once a month through February. I think my GP had her come since he knew I was in bad shape, right after Ann died. I'm overall doing OK, and some of Ann's church friends find I'm doing better than they thought I would. That's been encouraging. This is going to take some time. I was on meds for a bit for anxiety, which made me feel better at first, but because I was getting things done around the house, by the end of a week or two it was worse. Stopped them and have been having my ups and downs, but pushing along.

My neighbor ... calls me each morning around 9 AM to make sure I'm still around. ...As one friend wrote me: "Stay close to anything that makes you feel glad to be alive." I'm trying to do that, and hope I'm not wearing out my welcome. I'll be staying in touch. Take care, Agate and say hello to the folks at BrainTalk.

TC's still hanging in there.

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks so much for the update on how you are doing! I am a farmer and know well how when you fix one thing another breaks. I think all our old tractors talk to each other and plan these breakdowns!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Wow TC, your pretty blue eyed Smudge sure has some large paws. Reminds me of a six toed cat we had when we lived in Wisconsin back in 1971 (oops, dating myself here!). Brings back memories. I don't think I've ever been without a cat in my life. I have two presently.
    Think of you often and I'm glad you are doing okay.

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I forwarded Linda's and nuthatch's messages to TC.

I've been slow at doing the forwarding because of a plumbing problem I had to deal with.

20. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast