Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: January Chitchat (oh, and it's 2020 now)

Distinguished Community Member

Nuthatch, so it was state taxes plus property taxes and not mortgage interest? Thanks for that correction. I read it wrong. Since like Jeanie my home is paid for I guess I glossed over it more quickly than I should have.
    Virginia

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Virginia - What mortgage interest can I deduct 2019?Interest expense: Homeowners can deduct interest expenses on up to $750,000 of mortgage debt from their income taxes, though when they itemize these deductions, they forgo the standard deduction of $12,000 for individuals or married couples filing individually, $18,000 for head of household & $24,000 for married filing

We've never had nearly that much mortgage interest. Like you, my home is paid for but the property taxes are killing us since we built this house! We have rentals for income but the property taxes are high on those too.

On the same podcast link I provided is bonus episodes on AI (artificial intelligence). They discuss it's use in medicine. Interesting.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Tomorrow is IVIG all day...
    Then The next day is the anal anomoatry.—- a 4 hour procedure: Mostly getting ready is what they tell me. The doc stuff is actually just about an hour. I think they place all kinds of sensors up there to measure the muscle has they put balloon full of liqui— weird, but not barbaric.

Hoping they will come up with an approach to allow me to eliminate waste better. ...likely will result in more doc visits...

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

My second mug of coffee, and I still can't get myself motivated to go to the store. Actually, all I was going to get was beer, but I'll just do without today. I have milk and food, and Sam has her turkey, so all is good.

Have a great day everyone!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) Kim could not sleep well last night in anticipation of her flight home today. So while I slept she cleaned the whole bathroom, kitchen and refrigerator. She also changed my linens when I got up and did the laundry.

Yesterday we went to the grocery store and I got my week's groceries. We also ate at a place that sells homemade banana nut bread. Kim wanted a loaf to take on the plane. I went online and paid her baggage fees with my credit card and she gave me cash. All she has to do is pick up her paid for boarding pass.

Kim will get home around 6 tonight and will call me. She left very tan. She sat out in the sun for at least an hour most days of the 13 she was here. I am going to sleep a lot and catch up now.

I read the board and it seems everyone is doing okay. I missed reading everything. Jeanie :)

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Kim must be related to Peter!

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Ann, does Peter stay up and clean while you sleep? We’ll need to add that to the list of things he does.

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) Hi everyone. Kim got home okay and got her dog out of boarding this morning.

Last night I fell between the scooter and the bed. I had a plate in one hand and I should have put it down and used both hands for support. I called Andy and he came but he could not get me up by himself. I hit the panic button and ADT called and sent the paramedics. They lifted me up and onto my scooter seat.

I am going to concentrate from now on when I do ANY transfer. I do not want to go on the floor again. I did not get hurt but I was in a diaper and pajama shirt.

That coughing sounds awful so I hope you get to the bottom of it and it goes away. Last night I went to bed at 11 and slept until 10:30 this morning. I feel stronger now too. Jeanie :)

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Whew, Jeanie! I'm glad you weren't hurt.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanie Z View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    :) Hi everyone. Kim got home okay and got her dog out of boarding this morning.

Last night I fell between the scooter and the bed. I had a plate in one hand and I should have put it down and used both hands for support. I called Andy and he came but he could not get me up by himself. I hit the panic button and ADT called and sent the paramedics. They lifted me up and onto my scooter seat.

I am going to concentrate from now on when I do ANY transfer. I do not want to go on the floor again. I did not get hurt but I was in a diaper and pajama shirt.

That coughing sounds awful so I hope you get to the bottom of it and it goes away. Last night I went to bed at 11 and slept until 10:30 this morning. I feel stronger now too. Jeanie :)

Glad you got help fairly quickly. I understand thinking you can handle something that usually would be ok and then...plop! I am training myself to stop in place, turn in the direction I want to go and then move. It is really a pain but I have taken some hard falls by moving without pausing when I am switching directions. Let’s hope the two of us have no more falls!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast