Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: January Chitchat (oh, and it's 2020 now)

Distinguished Community Member

Nuthatch, glad you are feeling better and getting stronger. It is good that Home Health is being brought in. I hope they come more than one time per week. Guess DH would be happy to have them too.

I did nothing in house last week other than clean my bathroom a little and change the linens on my bed. So, today I am trying to do a little housework and I am hoping Laura will come this week. She did not last week.
    Virginia

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) Nuthatch I am glad you are better. It just seems to take us longer now.

I went to Pep Boys and got there at 1 PM and they got done with my van at 8 PM. $1602.07 and another $500 needed. Thank God for Visa cards.

I am beat. Take care everyone. Jeanie :)

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Jeanie, if you had to stay there all that time, I sure hope they had a comfortable place for you to sit and something for you to drink.

That is an awful lot of money. Bad that you have to pay it out on top of your recent medical expenses.

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jeanie, since you had to pay such a whopping price, they certainly should have provided a comfortable waiting area! In fact, they ought to have brought you a meal. with them picking up the tab.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) They had a nice waiting area with free Kuerig coffee. A few doors down was Dunkin Donuts and I got a soda and sandwich there for lunch. At 6 PM the assistant manager told me it would be another hour or more. About a block away was KFC so I went there on my scooter and had dinner.

They finished avout eight and the AM came out and moved my van to the handicap space and put out my ramp. Then he went in and got some spray cleaner and cleaned my windshield which was covered in something that made it look fuzzy.

I am glad I went there as my mechanic would have probably kept it overnight and with Kim coming I need it here. i was glad to get home and Lacy was happy to have me home and some lights on. Jeanie :)

10. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

IVIG today. All day long...

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

Dump, bank, and store day. I got everything, even things I don't usually get. I did make a list, but a few things I thought of in the store.

I got in, and made a bowl of coleslaw while my coffee was brewing. I'm all done until next week. Sipping on my coffee, and Sam is planted on my lap where she always is.

Everyone have a great day!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I got through the apartment inspection on Monday and spent yesterday getting over the experience. There are so many details to take care of when they have these inspections, and having to be all dressed with everything shipshape by 9 AM isn't so easy for a creaky retiree who's in the habit of easing into days slowly.

I'm trying to get out to the dumpster with the trash regularly but there's been some snow, including some that I just learned is called graupel:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ever-heard-of/

The photo in the article isn't a very good picture of it because it's graupel on top of snow. When I've seen it, it looks like small pellets all over everywhere, and I always thought it was just some strange kind of hail, but it isn't exactly.

With snow still in the forecast, there may not be a grocery delivery on Thursday, and there may need to be an Instacart order instead, if the Instacart people aren't also incapacitated by the weather.

--Yesterday I learned that the study I've been taking part in for nearly 2 years is coming to an end. I was told it was to be a 3-year study and was glad for the extra bit of income but it turns out it's ending early for some reason. On the up side, I'll be relieved not to have to wear their watch/pedometer (the watch has a dial I can't read, the pedometer on it doesn't work, and it's heavy on my wrist) or to use their scales (it's very very hard to move and needs recharging sometimes) or their pillbox (its lids are always breaking off).

They were supposed to be finding out how technology could help seniors to stay independent. I hope they learned something useful.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Best wishes for an uneventful day with good results from IVIG, Sunshine.

Chocolate too.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Agate, I think I have seen graupel, but didn't know it from all the other accumulation. It has been in the 70s here, and there you are with snow. Today has been high 60s.
    Virginia

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast