Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: January Chitchat (oh, and it's 2020 now)

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We don’t celebrate any holidays really. So many years I would make feasts for many guests but, the years have gone on and those friends of old moved, got divorced, died.....I have lots of memories but really enjoy the feel of a holiday but the freedom to do whatever we want.

So we worked in the greenhouse a bit, I cleaned up my closet which had all sorts of stuff that had been thrown in and we made pizza with the thinnest crust ever! It was a delicious day. I even colored which I have not done in months. The only thing is that the dog park closed for the winter and Moxie needs to run! I have a 30’ leash but she misses all her dog friends.

So, happy days to all!
    Last edited by Lazarus; 01-02-2020 at 05:32 AM.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dog parks close in the winter??? That's a bad deal.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) Kim from Canada takes her dog to the dog park even when it is snowing. Canada keeps their parks open. We should too.

I woke up on New year's day with a bad back ache right where my right kidney and liver are. I tool a pain pill and made silver water. Yesterday I still had the pain so I made more silver water and took a pain pill.

This morning I can move easier and there is a lot less pain. The silver water also cured my shingles.

Andy was off yesterday so he came and mowed my yard. He is coming today to take me grocery shopping. I am trying to feel more positive about 2020, but then Trump bombed Iran without Congress okay. I am scared for our country. Please pray for us all. Jeanie :)

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

A really nice thing happened! I've mentioned that my 97-year-old neighbor and I share an Instacart order during the 4 or more weeks a year when the regular shopping service we use isn't functioning, and this most recent order went well except that one of her items, a cheesecake mix, was leaking its contents.

I noticed it only a couple of minutes after the Instacart delivery people (they were a couple) had left. I had quite a bit of cleanup to do but as soon as I could I contacted Instacart.

The next day (today) they notified me that they've issued a full refund, and I had two really nice e-mails from them.

I opened up the box because I wanted to know what had gone wrong. The neighbor of course hadn't wanted this item in the condition it arrived in, of course. I found inside a foil bag of cake mix that had burst open. It should have stayed tightly sealed but someone handling it must have been rough with it, or maybe the packaging was defective in the first place.

I'm very glad that an online operation like Instacart is taking the time to deal with these kinds of problems.

for Instacart!

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Agate, I am glad you got everything done with Instacart in a fairly easy way. I am sure your neighbor was happy about this.

By the way is a 97 year old going to bake a cake?

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A really nice thing happened! I've mentioned that my 97-year-old neighbor and I share an Instacart order during the 4 or more weeks a year when the regular shopping service we use isn't functioning, and this most recent order went well except that one of her items, a cheesecake mix, was leaking its contents.

I noticed it only a couple of minutes after the Instacart delivery people (they were a couple) had left. I had quite a bit of cleanup to do but as soon as I could I contacted Instacart.

The next day (today) they notified me that they've issued a full refund, and I had two really nice e-mails from them.

I opened up the box because I wanted to know what had gone wrong. The neighbor of course hadn't wanted this item in the condition it arrived in, of course. I found inside a foil bag of cake mix that had burst open. It should have stayed tightly sealed but someone handling it must have been rough with it, or maybe the packaging was defective in the first place.

I'm very glad that an online operation like Instacart is taking the time to deal with these kinds of problems.

for Instacart!
    I use Peapod and they are the same way. If I call they just take a bad item off my bill.
    Amazon also restores my faith in business
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

12. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agate, I am glad you got everything done with Instacart in a fairly easy way. I am sure your neighbor was happy about this.

By the way is a 97 year old going to bake a cake?
    No, she isn't--though she does cook potatoes and other things routinely. The item wasn't what she had in mind. Neither she nor I understood that what we were looking at online was a mix. She usually orders a ready-made cheesecake such as you'd find in the bakery or deli section at a supermarket.

Ordering is fairly involved since we need to choose replacement items in case the store is out of something, and we must have been getting tired at that point and not looked at that cheesecake carefully enough.

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

In a funk here.
    Seeing neuro Monday. Saw Urologist Friday for urine culture and went to Radiology for Sitz Mark test to monitor passage of food through the canals...follow up test for that Wednesday.
    Expecting urine culture will come back “Compromised”, so hard for me to get a clean catch. If so, next step is to extract it by the nurse directly from the bladder Tues or Wed....would’ve done it in the first place, but that office closed early and I would’ve missed the Sitz Mark test.

Hoping no UTI...........

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Sunshine, aren’t you already on a preventative medicine for UTIs? You are definitely having a hard time getting a break.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Yes, I am on a preventive. Daily Nitrofurantoin...its not 100% guarantee of no infection.

Sure feels like a UTI...

I have Keflex in the house, but docs frown on self medicating. So, I will try to follow their protocol. The waiting is tough. I do have rides lined up for neuro Monday, for urologist on Tuesday if they want to siphon some urine directly from the bladder to avoid contamination from my jittery hands.

I have a ride on mid week to finish the Sitz Mark test and go to urologist if they want me to wait until Wednesday.....

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast