Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Keep on Moving: January 2020

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am fighting a head cold that is adding to fatigue. I hope the garlic and yesterday’s ginger help.
    ANN
    Add some chocolate and you should be OK in a jiffy.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Agate, I am also sorry you were unable to make the live MS support group. When my Doctor told me what he was looking at I immediately found a group and was part of that group for a number of years, as well as having this forum.

The group I was part of met in a church who allowed us to use one of their rooms. We met once a month. After we had our meeting those of who wanted to went out to eat. Some were not able or for whatever reason did not go.

I loved that group. Unfortunately, the facilitator’s health became so bad he had to give it up. The co-facilitator lived a long way away and she decided to also give it up at that time. After about two years the group broke up completely.

I later read that the facilitator died at the age of 64. Another man when he was 72 and one young man when he was only 54 or 55. I lost track of the rest.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I went to a couple of support group meetings when I lived in WA state. There were guest speakers, and they were informative meetings.

I'm still hoping to get to this group, maybe next month.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) I ran a weekly MS support group for 11 years. We met every Thursday night at a church. I have kept some of the group members on email and send birthday wishes to those I have an address for. I really loved all the people in the group. Once a month I would lead a caregivers group and my co-leader would lead the MSers.

Before I had my cataracts operated on I had to give up the group since I could not see well enough to drive at night. My co-leader kept it going for a little bit.

I remember one lady who was a beautiful blonde mother with a 7 and 9 year old and a nice husband. She came walking fine. Within three months she was using a cane. In 3 years she was in a hospital bed in the living room and her husband was doing everything. She could barely talk and it was so sad to visit her. She passed away shortly after that.

Agate I hope you get to go next time. Jeanie :)

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I remember one lady who was a beautiful blonde mother with a 7 and 9 year old and a nice husband. She came walking fine. Within three months she was using a cane. In 3 years she was in a hospital bed in the living room and her husband was doing everything. She could barely talk and it was so sad to visit her. She passed away shortly after that.
    That is so sad. Supposedly the MS drugs mean that there aren't so many stories like that--I hope so.

I'm afraid that some of the people who used to be active on this board may have gone that route. We might not know unless someone came on here and told us.

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

We had a lady that was something similar to that who came to our meetings when her husband's wife could bring her. She was in a wheel chair and had a catheter. You could tell she was in bad shape. She was living in a nursing home and was only in early 40s. She too passed away.
    Virginia

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I worked hard yesterday and was pretty tired last night. Laura came and she worked too. I first went upstairs and dusted and cleaned the toilet and dusted the bannisters, then washed two loads of linens, put clean linens on bed, polished the furniture in the foyer, living room and dinning room, cleaned the glass tables in bedroom and living room. I had to sit several times in between, but still my legs and feet were dragging last night. Today I vacuumed downstairs. To me polishing is so much harder than just dusting. I had already dusted in my bedroom and office, so they didn't get polished.

Laura, cleaned the bottom of the shower, took out the trash and recycling, cleaned the kitchen counter tops and washed down the shelves in the refrigerator and then got my mail. So guess she gets some points for her activity too.
    Virginia

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Generous of you to give Laura points but she doesn't have MS, and so she shouldn't get as many points.

Whew! Virginia, you've washed and polished and cleaned everything up now. But is there anything left of you? Or are you all polished away?

I agree completely that polishing is ever so much harder than dusting. Maybe because more arm pressure is needed?

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I find making the bed exhausting and now Peter does it for me.

I agree with Agate about Laura.

Today I have most of my energy back and walked all the way upstreet and back. I had a turkey sandwich while out. It’s not what I ordered but what came. Pretty good.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

You guys make me look so bad. And Virginia, you make me look VERY, VERY bad. What you did in one day, would take me a month if I ever got around to it at all. But Sam doesn't care as long as the sliced turkey and cheese keep flowing. Kudos to you all!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast