Thread: Dr Gray..published/informative articles relating to spinal leaks..For my appeal.

Community Member

Default Dr Gray..published/informative articles relating to spinal leaks..For my appeal.

Hi
    Does anyone know of any detailed articles or publications that Dr Gray has done explaining in detail her specific imaging techniques and how/why they are more advanced than in other centres for example.
    I have my appeal meeting on Monday and I need to show that what she does isnt done here in the UK and to be honest Im really struggling.
    The reason given for the refusal via the Exceptional Treatments board was as follows:-
    The panel reviewed Sarahs history. The panel did not consider that the evidence supported a diagnosis of low pressure headaches and therefore did not approve referral to the North Carolina Health Clinic for blood patching.
    Thats it, nothing more!
    If anyone knows of any place in the Uk that does actually carry out the tests that Dr Gray does and to her standard then I would love to hear from you.
    I have a full 10 minutes to state my case and I need to get the most important facts all on one sheet with documented and highlighted points on supporting evidence. I am now getting very stressed, upset and panicky about all of this. I HAVE to win this, I do not know what I will do if I dont.
    thanks everyone

Default sorry you have all this hassle

Sorry you,re going through all this, Im not familiar with Dr Gray as like you im in the uk. Im not getting anywhere either even though my leak has now been confirmed. Hope someone here can give you the info needed, Good Luck. X lisa

Community Member

Thank you Lisa, I would love to talk to you, i read your other post and I feel so bad for you. I have so much information gathered now regarding the UK hospitals, system, failings, facilities now. I am on skype and facebook if you would like to talk, I also added you as a friend on here. I think us UK leakers need to stick together and help eachother out as much as possible. On the other hand I do not want to bother you if you are feeling too sick to chat.
    Stay strong lisa, I am really thinking about you *** sarah