Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 24 of 24

Thread: Frail and older (>60 yrs old) people do poorly after surgery

  1. #21
    Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am truly considering cataract surgery. Donít want it, but reading is so important to me, and its getting more difficult. I now put myself in the frail category. I would not have said that probably a year ago.

    I wish I had had it a couple of years ago when I was a little stronger. Not always best to put things off.

    Overall I do agree with the article, but people vary so much in what their bodies are able to go through. One 75 year old might differ greatly from another 75 year old.
    Cataract surgery is a walk in the park if itís done by a competent ophthalmologist. Competent being the keyword...The hardest part is finding the rides.

  2. The following 6 users say "thanks"


  3. #22
    Distinguished Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,257

    Default

    I know cataract surgery is supposed to be easy surgery, but my Ophthalmologist has told me several times that he stopped doing that surgery because of this very thing. He said his patients kept telling him how safe it was. He says it is for 98 percent of the people, but if you happen to be in the other 2 percent, that is another story. So, I have to go to someone he would recommend, since he no longer will do this surgery.
    Virginia

  4. The following 6 users say "thanks"


  5. #23
    Distinguished Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,864
    Blog Entries
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know cataract surgery is supposed to be easy surgery, but my Ophthalmologist has told me several times that he stopped doing that surgery because of this very thing. He said his patients kept telling him how safe it was. He says it is for 98 percent of the people, but if you happen to be in the other 2 percent, that is another story. So, I have to go to someone he would recommend, since he no longer will do this surgery.
    Any surgery has risk. Even the most simple one.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

  6. The following 4 users say "thanks"


  7. #24
    Distinguished Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,257

    Default

    Yes, Funnylegs that is my point.

  8. The following 2 users say "thanks"


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Unclear benefit for DMTs in older people
    By Sunshine in forum Multiple Sclerosis
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-07-2018, 02:39 AM
  2. hHello from poorly recovered lumbar spine in central New jersey
    By Gordon Cook in forum New member introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-17-2015, 11:05 AM
  3. Editing some posts in an older thread?
    By agate in forum BrainTalk's feedback forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-28-2014, 09:40 AM
  4. Any way to find older forum posts?
    By agate in forum BrainTalk's feedback forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-06-2012, 02:10 PM
  5. Texting Code for us older ones
    By sho-dan in forum Comic Relief
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-06-2012, 09:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


BTC Inc's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy

The material on this site is for information & support purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice provided by a licensed health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything that you find online.