Yoo Hooooo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yoo Hooooo

Anybody around? Got anything to say? How you doing? Feeling OK? Got your Christmas tree up? Shopping? How's your weather?
    It certainly would be nice to hear from everybody/anybody.

Hi Jingle! I am finding you at 4:30 EST so other than not sleeping well tonight I am well.

I love a live tree. This year, we are again traveling at Christmas and are not doing one. Besides the traveling, we have three cats, two who are youngsters who were feral. They would un-decorate a tree. I hope to someday have a sun
    or other room with pocket doors to keep cats out. I have pulled a few items out of my de orations for display.

How are you and yours?
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Morning Jingle, no tree up yet, I get a live one usually so I don't put it up until about two weeks before Christmas. Not sure if the cats will let me this year. We have two youngsters who are semi feral so not sure how they will do. The other three are older now so hoping they behave. Still need to go down and breach the Christmas decor. Hoping to get to that this weekend.

Ann I hope you have a wonderful time during your holiday travels.

Comment

hello im alive i guess

Comment

I'm still stuck in my childhood, I guess, because I can't get over the custom of thinking that the Christmas season begins on December 24 and end on January 6, and so that's usually how I do the little bit of decorating I now do. There is an artificial tree I've had for many years. It's about a foot high, and I take it out of its box, fluff it out a bit, and plug it in when I want its tiny red lights to light up. I put the cards on display in a special holder shaped like a wreath, and maybe I'll put something on my apartment door as a decoration.

Some years I hang up a bellpull I quilted years ago. It's red and white and looks festive. It has a jingle bell on it too.

Otherwise I've been wrapping gifts and getting some of them in the mail. This is a busy time of year for me even though I keep the festivities to a minimum, just to keep things simple.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

hey jingle and all!

hope you all had a nice thanksgiving!

so, i've had this tooth that's been bothering me for a couple months. nothing major, just a pain every now and then, a bit of sensitivity and this kind of pain when i pressed on the part of my face that's on the gum above that tooth. i had been to the dentist twice while it's been hurting, once to smooth down a rough spot on a back tooth and once to get my twice yearly teeth cleaning. i told the dentist about the weird feelings. she took an xray, prodded the tooth, said she didn't see anything on the xray. she's been my dentist for over 30 years, so i trust her.

well, day before thanksgiving i am doing final prep for cooking the next day and that tooth hurts like a biatch. i had some acetominophen #2's. my doctor gives me a script every year for aches and pains i might get for various reasons, then i don't have to call his office and see him for every little ache. so, i take a #2 at bedtime. thursday i wake up and my face is swollen and the #2's aren't touching the pain. i start cooking. call the dentist. my pharmacy closed at 2pm. i wish i would have checked other pharmacies to see when they closed, because my dentist called in a rx for an antibiotic for me, but i didn't get it until friday morning. so, it took a day to work. i am taking the #2's every 5 hours and getting the pain down from an 8 to a 5. miserable thanksgiving, although i was able to eat some mashed sweet potatoes.

i've been on this antibiotic all last week. took 3 days for the face swelling to go away. i've been tired, probably from the infection and i've been going to bed an hour early.

yes, i don't start decorating until about 2 weeks before christmas, sometimes i do my mantel for thanksgiving, but not this year. i like to get poinsettias for my end table and the mantel and the dining room table and i don't like to get those too early. they have so many beautiful colors in poinsettias now! i am also a lover of candles in candle holders, i never light them, though.

and, of course, i have my vine christmas tree and i still don't know how i want to decorate it

some things never change.

i had a 20 minute chat with an 8 y/o boy in the long checkout line at meijer on saturday. he was hopping from foot to foot as we talked. we talked about those cars for kids that are electric powered and you can ride them on the sidewalk. i can tell he wants one so bad. his birthday is january 3rd and i asked him if his parents ever got him just a christmas present because his birthday was so close. he said, no, cuz it wasn't his birthday on christmas. i said, yes, i thought it was cheap for parents to only give one present unless it was something really expensive, like an electric car. he agreed. he asked me if i had kids. he asked me my age and his dad said that wasn't his business, but i whispered it in his ear and told him to keep it a secret. it was so much fun talking to him. i will not dumb down my vocabulary when i talk to a child and he didn't understand something i said, so i told him what the word meant. vocabulary lesson in a checkout line

so, i hope y'all keep your spirits up during this over-commercialized time of year...remember the reason for the season, whatever you celebrate. perfection is not all it's cracked up to be...lol

thank you for sharing and caring,
            jeannie
            Last edited by tic chick; 12-08-2019, 12:42 PM.
            WE ARE BT!
            "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
            "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
            "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Comment

I've been with my dentist since '93 …. just 26 years. I love that man and I'm scared to pieces he will retire. My whole life I've had bad teeth and required constant work.

Comment

hey jingle...i hear ya.

my kids, hubby and i all went to this dentist since about 1986. now, i just go to her.

she gives me choices when i need major work done, like crowns, or bridges. she tells me the best choice, sometimes it's the highest priced one too. then she'll give me an alternative or 2.

she's about 68 now and i asked her recently if she's planning on retiring. she said she loves her work and isn't planning to retire soon, but she is already looking for another dentist for her patients that shares her views on giving patients choices. she says some dentists don't want to bother doing some things because it takes more time.

so, i'm glad she's already thinking of another dentist. maybe have the same conversation with your dentist, so you won't be left trying to find a new one if he retires suddenly .
                WE ARE BT!
                "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
                "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
                "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Comment

We've talked briefly about that and he knows what it means.
                  Recently a popular dentist in this small town retired and all of those patients rushed to mine --- and he's already working just 4 days a week!
                  I'm 75 … I don't think he's that old, but he sure is close.

Comment

Working...
                  X