Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617

Thread: December Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Virginia:
    Please check in...worried about you, am I.

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, I did get to my infusion and it went very smoothly. The temperature was 35° and we just had rain all day. No trouble driving. I am now set to go until June’s next infusions.

THEN last night out of nowhere we started hearing loud thunder and then lightening strikes all around the house and then we heard ice pelllets. It went on for about an hour. Really loud thunder. It was an exciting and dramatic storm. Early fireworks.

This morning there is a white layer of crunchy ice over everything but the temperature is 33° so it is ok and the temperature will go into the upper 40°’s over the next few days. Amazing weather. We really lucked out as we were in a narrow circle of out area that got rain yesterday when all around us people got ice.

But what a show from Mother Nature last night. She was one roaring lion!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

That was exciting Linda. Guess you didn't know what was coming out of the sky next.

Sunshine, thanks for asking about me. Trying to do a little house work today, but just can't seem to get anything done. Laura is here and that will help a little. Legs are so weak that I do just a tiny bit and have to sit. I just hope that you will get to feeling better. I think of you all the time.
    Virginia

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

For any Linda Rondstadt fans here, CNN is showing "The Sound of My Voice," a documentary about her life. It airs tomorrow, New Year's Day, at 9:00 p.m. Eastern.

https://www.cnn.com/shows/linda-ronstadt-cnn-film

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Rose, thanks for the reminder. I use to listen to some of her jazz tunes, so I will try to remember this.

Well, wrote my last check for 2019, so have now transferred balance over to 2020 check register. I told Laura she was closing out my 2019 year. I had paid all other bills. At least it is a good way to close out the year.

Is everyone going to stay up to watch the New Year's ball fall this year? Jeanie, you're East Coast time, also Linda and Ann. We know Sunshine is not. She has already started her Keep Moving Thread for next month.

How is everyone going to celebrate?
    Virginia

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Virginia, Peter and I are on the couch with two off the three cats. We’re going to turn the TV on at nine and look around. Peter will have a glass of wine and we’ll share some chips and salsa (Aldi’s Organic Thick and Chunky Medium). We don’t usually make it until midnight anymore.

Happy NewYear Braintalkers
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Happy New Year Ann and Peter! Chips and salsa sounds real good. Wish I had thought of that.
    Virginia

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) I for one will be so glad when it passes midnight. My neighbors next door have booming fireworks and poor Lacy is hiding and shaking so much. I would not be able to sleep for the noise so I am on the computer and have the TV on NBC. I don't want to watch ABC this year. NBC had a two hour recap of things from 2019 and that was nice.

Happy New Year everyone! Jeanie :)

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Where are the West Coast folks? Nothing from Agate or Nuthatch. We did hear a little from Rose.

Jeanie, sorry neighbors are making your evening miserable. Last year my brothers that live in the same community had the same problem. I think 4th of July was worse. Too bad people can’t be just a little more considerate of their neighbors. Everyone knows what it does to most all dogs. Poor Lacy.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Today I had visitors--the nephew and his wife and one of their 3 grown kids came by. Every few years they decide to visit. I thought the group might include their other daughter and son and wasn't sure I could keep track of so many people here at once. So I was almost relieved when there were only the 3 of them.

Aside from the room size, which is really cramped with that many people in it, I was wondering how I could keep track of who was getting what beverage--this one might want tea with sugar, another might want water with or without ice, another might want juice, etc.

It's more than my feeble mind can manage. I was seriously thinking of taking their requests on a memo pad, as waitresses do.

I don't think I'll stay up to see the New Year in though the fireworks will probably be at their worst just then. They started hours ago.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617