Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Keep on Moving: December 2019

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Linda, it's too bad you're having to postpone the infusion. Community resources probably aren't available in your location? There just might be some service available that would clear the snow for people in remote situations who are unable to get out due to snow and ice. I don't suppose the local MS Society chapter would have any answers?

It sounds as if it's all settled for now, but in the future maybe there's some option out there that would work. Might be worth a try if you haven't already looked into the possibilities....
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Agate, around here it would cost a fortune to get a plow in here. I don't know about Linda's rural area. Glad she cancelled. It is too dangerous.

Sunshine, you are still doing really well on your swimming. I don't know what our temperatures are going to be tonight, but it was really cold out yesterday.

Yesterday I went to the bank drive thru, then to pick up some vacuum cleaner bags, then to get some slacks and a pair of jeans fitted and hemmed. Will try to pick them up next week, then to K-Mart to pick up medicine, then to Lowe's groceries to get just a few things (I forgot to get chicken), then went to Panera and came home. I left about 3:15 and did not get home until after 7:00PM. Traffic was so heavy I could hardly get around.

I wanted so much to stop at Whole Foods and go through their hot bar and get food for last night and their salad bar and get food for tonight, the salad bar food would keep in the refrigerator, but I had a couple of frozen items in the trunk so I once again went to Panera because it was quicker.

Yesterday was bitter here. The wind was howling all day and I hated being out in it so much, but was glad to get a few things done. While in Lowe's Foods I couldn't reach but two of the individual containers of yogurt. I kept looking around and finally saw a very young man (either late teens or early 20s). I told him he looked liked someone who had the height that I needed and would he mind reaching an item for me. He got me 4 more containers and when I thanked him he told me to have a good day. I was behind him at the check out counter and he only had one item. I told the checkout person to put it on my bill. He readily accepted it and put his arm around my shoulder and wished me a happy Christmas. He was a nice young man who did not make me feel that I was intruding on him.
    Virginia

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

What a nice encounter that must have been, Virginia. Items in stores are often hard to reach, and store employees don't seem to exist any more in the large stores. Asking someone tall was smart! I tend to assume that nobody wants to help and so don't ask. But if you don't ask, you might never get any help. Duh! Sometimes someone has come along and offered to help but you can't count on that happening.

And it was so nice that you were able to do something for him too.

I always took my reacher with me but even then there were things I couldn't get at.

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Average steps per day for November, based on 28 days: 1,298

For the first part of the month I used only the old pedometer, and for the rest of the month I used an average of the readings at the end of the day on each of the two pedometers--so that figure is higher than it might have been with just the old pedometer.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Linda, I did not realize you had been doing Rituxan for 19 years. That is one reason you are able to do as much work as you do. Look what it did for Cherie. Would love to be able to take that drug.
    Sorry to be confusing. I have been doing infusions for my MS for 19 years. Before that I did betaseron, avonex and copaxone. I did novantrone for 2 years and IVIg for 8 years and some other chemo...I forget what they were. I have been doing rituxan for about 5 years.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry to be confusing. I have been doing infusions for my MS for 19 years. Before that I did betaseron, avonex and copaxone. I did novantrone for 2 years and IVIg for 8 years and some other chemo...I forget what they were. I have been doing rituxan for about 5 years.
    You've had a wealth of experience with MS drugs, Linda!

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Linda, anyone who can work the way you do is doing extremely well. You do hard work in the hot summer and whatever weather is out there. So, some might say it is just your course with MS, I kind of think that some of these drugs have helped you have that course. I am glad you are now on Rituxan.

Agate, you are also doing very well with your exercises and your step count is great, which is part of that exercise regimen.
    Virginia

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Agate, you take more steps per day, than I take per week, not counting "store days". Don't ask me to race, I know when I'm whipped.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I wonder if you've ever really counted the steps you're taking, Howie. You'd be surprised at how they add up.

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Yeah, I had a pedometer, so I know what my steps were a few times, so I know your numbers blow me away. Keep it up!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast