Done and Done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done and Done

Hello all - This will probably be be my last post for awhile. I was at the Tuscon VA and got into a commotion over a parking space. I was waiting when a truck pulled in behind me, I was waiting for people to back out. they flashed their lights, honked their horn and told me to move. Folks, I DO NOT BACK DOWN, I said NO and told them, if they heard me, that I was waiting for the spot. I was so shook up, I left my truck unlocked, MY wallet and glasses in the truck. I am quite sure they popped my hood and removed my radiator cap. This caused my truck to overheat and I pulled off the road, and discovered the problem. I made a wrong turn, wound up in the middle of nowhere and AARP Roadside Assistance ( Very bad word - I respect TOS,) was NO help they could not locate me. I called 911 and the officers were great. anyway, I thought (wrong - as in I thought I had there License plate #, evidently I did not have it right. Anyway, It was probably a fellow vet, and that sucks. I have many medical problems a messed up truck, and a very fixed income. Thank God I have a Golf Cart to get around. How I will fix my truck, if it is not Dead, I hear a valve, probably a blown head gasket ( yes, I was A Car Kid, I am now broke, Hope to catch these people and may have to give up internet, Maybe even sell my home. Yes, I am feeling bad for me but as older members know, I am a Minister and my faith WIll sustain me. Blessings to all - I am TRYING and will stay positive. Sorry about the length of this - yeah - it's a rant but I am pissed. I cannot believe a fellow vet would stoop so low.
    Blessings to All
    Alex44
    AKA as Skypilot Steve

So sorry for your very bad day, Alex.

I hope thinks turn out better than you are thinking.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Thank You , Ann. Things did get a bit better today, I have a bad alternator, I THANKFULLY did not blow the heads but I am still out $200. for the tow and the repairs will be $400.+ but I will still have my beloved truck. Thank you all again and blessings and prayers to everyone and there families. Special thanks to my tow truck Driver, who was great.

Alex44 AKA Skypilot Steve

Comment

UPDATE - Insurance Co. Totaled out my truck. I, Like a Fool, did not keep the truck, Which needed 2K+ in repairs. I could have kept my truck. but got advice from, I know now, is a Grifter. This is so she would be my ride. No, we ARE not involved in the Biblical way, She is just what I thought of as a very close friend. I am a fool. My PM doc. has a gun to my head (figuratively speaking) about my drinking - she told me she will taper me down if I do not stop totally. I have done my best. if she does carry thru, I will file a complaint as she has not offered me options to help me . I am in constant pain and I am capped at 90Mg. of Morphine. this stinks. This is what I get for serving my country? (Yes the VA) this is BS. all Political nonsense. I realize I have a problem but at 64, With a bad back, Neck due to being Rear-ended,not my fault, and rheumatoid Arthritis in addition to the regular variety, I hurt and I am P.O.'ed. sorry this turned into a rant but I am tired. However, that said, I am a Minister (Ordained) and my FAITH will Sustain me. I have lost my truck, My wife (Handfasted by another Minister used to be recognized, now not ) and tonight, my wedding band that I took off because I was working with Hazardous materials and electrical work, I am desperately trying to replace it after I go thru the trash - if I don't find it.. I have NOT lost my faith, and I never will- as I will be around til the LORD calls me home IF you have read this all the way thru, please, if nothing else, Post DONE to this thread.

Thank You and god bless all of ya'll
        alex44 AKA Skypilot
        Happy New Year
        I am hopeful of a better year ahead
        I am also sorry I have not been here for the other members of the Forum I Will try to do better.

Comment

Alex you have been here long enough to know that an apology is not necessary. We all care about you deeply even when you aren't here regularly. We know you will get here when you can.

I am so sorry you are struggling with your drinking, pain, transportation, the medical system and the government's failure to take care of a precious commodity that is you. I have nothing to offer you from where I am sitting except a virtual prayer and ((((hug)))).

I know how hard it is to quit drinking. I have been there. I also watched my mother drink herself to death so I have been on both sides of that fence. You probably are of the mind that you feel like you are old and broken so what would be the point at this time. But you already know. God doesn't want you to drink. Not to say God is against every one who drinks, there are many who are just fine with an occasional drink but if you drink to harm of your mind and body you are muddying the temple. Your temple, God's temple. Your mind is extraordinary, don't drink it away. Use it to do something you love that you are able to do. Write. Blog. Volunteer. Help other vets by sharing your experiences and helping them get care and prayers that they need. I am sure any volunteer group would be so happy to have the extra mind, body, experience and the perks of your relationship with God that they would provide transportation.

I don't know if any of this helps, or is applicable, I just hope that you hear me and listen to God. I pray you get some peace and some help with your health soon. We all deserve a break now and then.

Comment

houghcrist - Thank You - I am struggling mightily w/ the drinking. My faith is sustaining me, I have it down a bit (substantial) and hope to quit. It will not happen overnight, but I have come to the realization that I can not even drink one. The old saying "One is too many and a million is not enough" so true-so true. Thank you again - How are YOU doing? Well I hope - you are in my prays. My hope is my N/P will give me room to cut back so she does not taper me off as that …….

Blessings
            Alex44 AKA Skypilot Steve.

Comment

Working...
            X