Thread: Done and Done

Distinguished Community Member

Angry Done and Done

Hello all - This will probably be be my last post for awhile. I was at the Tuscon VA and got into a commotion over a parking space. I was waiting when a truck pulled in behind me, I was waiting for people to back out. they flashed their lights, honked their horn and told me to move. Folks, I DO NOT BACK DOWN, I said NO and told them, if they heard me, that I was waiting for the spot. I was so shook up, I left my truck unlocked, MY wallet and glasses in the truck. I am quite sure they popped my hood and removed my radiator cap. This caused my truck to overheat and I pulled off the road, and discovered the problem. I made a wrong turn, wound up in the middle of nowhere and AARP Roadside Assistance ( Very bad word - I respect TOS,) was NO help they could not locate me. I called 911 and the officers were great. anyway, I thought (wrong - as in I thought I had there License plate #, evidently I did not have it right. Anyway, It was probably a fellow vet, and that sucks. I have many medical problems a messed up truck, and a very fixed income. Thank God I have a Golf Cart to get around. How I will fix my truck, if it is not Dead, I hear a valve, probably a blown head gasket ( yes, I was A Car Kid, I am now broke, Hope to catch these people and may have to give up internet, Maybe even sell my home. Yes, I am feeling bad for me but as older members know, I am a Minister and my faith WIll sustain me. Blessings to all - I am TRYING and will stay positive. Sorry about the length of this - yeah - it's a rant but I am pissed. I cannot believe a fellow vet would stoop so low.
    Blessings to All
    Alex44
    AKA as Skypilot Steve

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

So sorry for your very bad day, Alex.

I hope thinks turn out better than you are thinking.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following user says "thanks"

Thank You , Ann. Things did get a bit better today, I have a bad alternator, I THANKFULLY did not blow the heads but I am still out $200. for the tow and the repairs will be $400.+ but I will still have my beloved truck. Thank you all again and blessings and prayers to everyone and there families. Special thanks to my tow truck Driver, who was great.

Alex44 AKA Skypilot Steve

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"