Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920

Thread: November Chit Chat Check In

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Howie, just take it with food to help protect your stomach.
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Beer is considered a food, isn't it?
    Evolution spans the Universe.

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beer is considered a food, isn't it?
    Okay.

NO!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Had a lovely Thanksgiving. Our daughter-in-law and Everett came up on the train on Wednesday. Everett enjoyed the train ride and even got to meet a bomb sniffing dog, Gigi and his police handler, Matt, who gave him a special sticker. A bit unnerving to have a working, on duty, bomb sniffing dog on board, but necessary because of all the holiday traffic and the ever-present possibility of a terrorist attack. Son drove up Thanksgiving morning.

We were not allowed in the kitchen, the kids did everything while I played with Everett and DH chatted with the cooking parents. My son loves to cook and his wife loves to bake. He set to work on the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and green beans, while she made an apple cranberry pie and made the gravy (her first time making gravy). Everything was great, so we had the entire meal again last night as leftovers! I think it was the best tasting and the most tender turkey I've ever eaten and the pie was fabulous too! My son simply put a lemon and an orange (each cut in half) inside the turkey cavity, picked some rosemary growing in the front yard, washed it and slipped sprigs under the skin of the turkey in several places, brushed canola oil on the skin, then baked it. That turkey was picture perfect and oh so yummy and tender. I don't know where these cooking talents came from but I know it wasn't from me or his father!

I certainly learned that Everett loves Hawaiian sweet rolls, green beans (fresh only, not canned) and peas. Yesterday he ate two bowls full of peas and even wanted more. When asked if he wanted eggs for breakfast, he said he wanted peas! How weird is that!!! We convinced him to have a scrambled egg too. He ate 2 eggs, another bowl of peas, a Hawaiian roll, half an apple and milk. I see a growing spurt coming on!

The best part of the whole weekend was spending time with our little man. Grandkids are the best at pumping life back into this old gal.
    It was hard saying goodbye but they will be back at Christmas.
    Here are a few pics from the weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is such good news, nuthatch--and such nice photos! Good for Everett with his liking for peas. I can understand liking peas--they're cute and they roll around nicely.

Old verse comes to mind:

I eat my peas with honey,
    I've done it all my life.
    It might taste kind of funny
    But it keeps them on my knife.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Hahaha! I remember that old verse! Everett did amazing well with those little rollers. He managed to keep them on his spoon and plant every single one in his mouth . . . many at a time. Only one got away and hit the floor, but that was fine because his little dog, Ari, was right there to clean up anything that made it to the floor! I think the Roomba vacuum was modeled after Ari.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Well, I can see that Everett is learning to charm his way around everyone, especially the ladies, but who could resist him. With that blond head of hair he is a cutie. So glad things went so well for Thanksgiving Nuthatch. I do not plan on cooking anymore turkeys but if I did I would remember your son's recipe for making them look pretty and something made them very juicy. DIL is lucky to have someone who knows how to cook. That was always a plus for me in a man. Doing the stuffing is not usually a man thing. Good for him.

Agate, I had heard that little rhyme but had forgotten it. You two have such good memories, or maybe it is because you raised children and repeated it many, many times.

Howie, do you have a torn rotator cuff in your shoulder? I had to have surgery for that many years ago. I followed Doctors orders and did fine.
    Virginia

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Virginia, I don't remember what he called it He described it, but I don't remember him calling it anything. I'm glad you had the rotator cuff repaired, and are now pain free. I took the "recommended dose" of ibuprofen today, and stayed pain free. It was nice.

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    Getting rid of a pain is so nice--sometimes getting a lot of sleep does wonders.
    Agate, about your post. And it reminded me, I have gotten more sleep because I haven't stayed awake like I do, because I haven't stayed up late. So I slept more, and my shoulder has been pain free.

Hmmmmmmm....that means something....

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    Agate, about your post. And it reminded me, I have gotten more sleep because I haven't stayed awake like I do, because I haven't stayed up late. So I slept more, and my shoulder has been pain free.

Hmmmmmmm....that means something....
    That is interesting...about getting more sleep and feeling better. I know there are many studies that have proved the connection but it becomes real when you experience it. I have been sleeping more soundly and later into the morning....and I too feel the difference.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920