Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: November Chit Chat Check In

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool November Chit Chat Check In

I can't believe no one has started this November check in, so here it is.

I just went to the bank and store, unloaded everything, poured me a mug of coffee, and I'm done for the weekend, and maybe the week after. I have plenty of everything. Life is good.

Have a great day all!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thank you for starting this thread, Howie!

I'm still busy with appointments. Wednesday I went to the audiologist for a 6-month checkup on the hearing aids. Since they're 7 years old and hearing aids are expected to last only about 5 years, I was bracing myself for bad news but was lucky and got told to come back in 6 months. There wasn't even a charge for the visit because (surprise!) a costly repair I had a while back involved a warranty, and I was still covered under it.

Monday there will be the diabetic shoes at last. They've been waiting for me for a couple of months but other appointments were keeping me so busy that I had to wait.

My grandson was here with his parents last Saturday, and he's walking around and involving himself in more and more of everything.

Maybe the goblins found some of the people here yesterday. If not, they'll probably check in. Don't goblins carry people away into mysterious caves somewhere on Hallowe'en?
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Thanks Howie!
    Maybe a Mod can add Chit Chat after the November?
    Or do you prefer making the title mysterious :) in honor of Halloween?

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Sunshine, I saw that I had forgotten to add "check in", so I went in after I had posted it, but no go. There was no way, so if a mod could add it, that would be great.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Well, I am glad we are all here ! John and I spent the day picking what will be the last of the Italian flat green beans, the last of the snow peas, the last of the sugar snap peas and a few tomatoes growing in my greenhouse. Lots of fingerling potatoes. I loaded some spectacular plants but it looks like it will never get warm enough at market tomorrrow to put them out!

I will run my car all night starting at 8:00 to keep the plants from freezing but I will have to keep it running on and off through the market! We are crazy people. Always hoping things will work out and the weather will be better than the forecast. After this Saturday. Have one more market left but the forecast for next week sounds even worse. After next week John will switch to an indoor market for the winter.

Feeling guilty that I have not taken my pup to the dog park for a week! Soon. She can run free there.

Well, wish me luck tomorrow....
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

10. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I am still here. Went to get nails done today and then to Whole Foods for a few things. Monday is hair day and Thursday is Doctor appointment.

Howie, thanks for getting us started this month. I was busy getting dressed to go out and remembering to say “RABIT, RABBIT”

Linda, wishing you lots of good things tomorrow. Hope everything keeps well overnight and that when you leave the market tomorrow you come away with lots of money weighing you down.

Agate, your little Grandson is growing up fast it seems. I can tell he has certainly stolen your heart. Next year maybe he will get to do a little bit of trick or treat. Glad you are able to enjoy him.

My sister-in-law stopped by with my dinner from the church earlier and I just finished eating. It was very good. I had ham, green beans, sweet potatoes, a roll and two cookies. It was still warm when she got here and except for my jaw hurting I enjoyed it. Her contribution was the cookies. She made something like 580 cookies in two days. I am sure the other ladies in the church were glad they didn’t have to do that.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I’m sorry your jaw is still hurting, Virginia.

Good luck tomorrow, Linda. It’s going to be 35 here tonight. And 29, I see, for Amherst Center.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Burrrrr, it's cold! The fountain was frozen this morning, ginko tree leaves turned brown overnight, morning glories are suddenly dead too. It was expected to get down into the 20s, maybe even the teens . . . guess it got pretty low. 30 expected for tonight. Winter?
    No trick-or-treaters . . . disappointed again.

Here's Tula and friend in costume. She wanted to look just like her dog, Dahlia, only white (no princesses for that girl!).
    Mom worked hard to fulfill her wish. Not bad for someone who is not a seamstress, has sewn only two garments (costumes for Tula) in her life, and ad libbed without a pattern.
    Looks like the dog got dirty feet tromping around on Halloween!
    Still waiting for Everett's pic. Batman comes!
    Attached Images Attached Images

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow, I think that's a great dog costume for Tula! And Tula must be a very sensible young lady if she nixes princess costumes, which are too common.

I'm marveling at the dog's front paws. Maybe Mom has a natural talent for sewing.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

This is an original, one of a kind costume thought up by Tula. What a great job your daughter did. That sweet face still is recognizable. Love the way the paws turned out.
    Virginia

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast