Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920 LastLast

Thread: November Chit Chat Check In

Distinguished Community Member

Ann, sounds like MIL was a bundle of energy. That does not surprise me. The way she still likes to go to different grocery stores and have lunch out I kind of figured her to be like that. That is great that she still can do it.

Linda, in our years of living away from family we had some Holidays just like you described and then there were others that we celebrated with friends we had met. I think the being together and not feeling any pressure of any kind is nice.
    Virginia

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

Hello all. Today is the last day of November. Then a new year starts at the end of next month. Time marches on.

I have been having a lot of pain the last few months. My right shoulder. I have been taking high doses of Ibuprofen which keeps it to a dull roar. But there are days lately I have taken twice the recommended does, which is tough on you liver, and still hurt.

Well today, I took Ibuprofen at like 5 am thinking it might allow me to sleep a little longer. Well, I slept until 10, and woke up with no pain. It's going on 2pm, and I still have no pain, so haven't taken any more Ibuprofen.

Why it's been like this I have no idea, but it sure has been nice.

It's been raining here all day, and there's been nothing on TV, so I've just been on the computer. I spend most of my computer time on You Tube.

Everyone have a great day!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Getting rid of a pain is so nice--sometimes getting a lot of sleep does wonders.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) Andy did bring a lot of food. I ate a plate about 3 PM and a smaller one in the evening. Andy bought a pumpkin pie when he grocery shopped for me. I ate a piece of that too.

I only did 5 cards so far and feel like napping. Take care everyone. Jeanie :)

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Howie, taking that much ibuprofen really could be dangerous. Have you spoken to your Doctor about this pain? Could it be neuralgia? I have a brother who has pain in one of his shoulders. I will ask him about what has been said to him by his Doctor. He has been hurting for quite awhile. At one time his son got him some CBD lotion to rub on it, but he said it didn't do anything for him. He doesn't take much medicine, so it is difficult as it is for you. I wish this little bit of relief you are having would last.

It is cloudy and raining some here today, but I bet tomorrow is the day when most of the rain will hit us, or it might start heavier later today.
    Virginia

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Jeanie, as Agate mentioned sleep is restorative, so if you feel like napping then maybe you should do that.

I am having a harder time getting around today and I think it is because I exercised two days in a row quite a bit. I think I will lay off today and just mostly read. I have started a book that was recommended on here. The last four nights I watched Season 3 of The Crown on Netflix. I got hooked on it last year and binge watched the first two seasons over several days. I love history and things like this.

Oops! just glanced at the clock on the computer and it is almost 3PM and I haven't had lunch. I will go eat my yogurt and small piece of Dove chocolate now.
    Virginia

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

How could you forget the chocolate?

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But there are days lately I have taken twice the recommended does, which is tough on you liver, and still hurt.
    Ibuprofen and other NSAIDs rarely affect the liver. Unlike acetaminophen (Tylenol), most NSAIDs are absorbed completely and undergo negligible liver metabolism.

In other words, the way NSAIDs are metabolized makes liver injury ( hepatotoxicity) very rare. Estimates are that 1 to 9 in 100,000 NSAID prescriptions result in acute liver injury. Generally, NSAIDs are very liver-safe.
    https://www.goodrx.com/blog/nsaids-i...liver-kidneys/

Glad your pain is gone!
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Ibuprofen can increase the risk of heart attack and stroke. It can also cause ulcers, bleeding, and holes in the stomach or intestines:

https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a682159.html

It's a "boxed warning," which means these side effects are serious.

Tylenol is also very hard on kidneys.

I strongly doubt that any pain medication exists, which doesn't have adverse side effects, and probably most of them will affect one of our organs.

Howie, if your pain returns, you might want to visit your doctor to determine the cause of the pain.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thanks SuzE-Q and Rose. I feel better about using it now. I have arthritis in my lower back, and my shoulder is, and the doctor had a name for it, but one of the bones is displaced from a fall I had. It can be repaired with surgery, but no thanks.

I did take Ibuprofen again around 5, but this has been the most pain free day I can remember.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920 LastLast