Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Hallowe'en!

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by clouds z View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ELIZABETH WARREN GOES TO COLLEGE FOR HALLOWEEN
    Is pretending to be a Native American in order to get a scholarship cultural appropriation?
    Kaitlin Bennett | Infowars.com - OCTOBER 31, 2019 Comments

https://www.infowars.com/elizabeth-w...for-halloween/

happy halloween with laughs
    "why do you wanna dress in a costume on halloween?"
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

3. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

HAPPY HALLOWE'EN!

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Jim and I are meeting some incredible people every day at the radiation oncology center.

A stand-out among them all is a teenager, who comes in with his mom everyday. Their relationship is beautiful; he's a sweet young man with a sense of humor, and his mom clearly adores him.

Today, they walked in wearing costumes. He was wearing an inflatable dinosaur costume, and she was dressed as a fairy godmother.

Suddenly, joy and laughter filled the dimly lit gloomy waiting room. They had their photos taken with staff and the doctor and entertained everyone coming and going from the center. Earlier in the day, they visited the infusion center spreading their light to all, who are battling cancer, whether as patients or medical professionals.

As they were going into the treatment area for photos, Mom said to me, "We're mixing it up. He's old, and I'm young!"

When they exited from the treatment area, Mom quipped, "We're telling everyone: 'This is what happens to you after 5 weeks of radiation.' "

Of course, everyone laughed.

I remarked to a couple sitting near me, who we hadn't met before, that it's wonderful to have a positive attitude and a sense of humor in the midst of cancer and radiation. They agreed.

Tomorrow, I will ask their names, so I can pray for them specifically. No child or teenager should have cancer. It is just so unfair.

Their courage and determination to live life fully is an inspiration to all of us. And all of us needed that today.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

5. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Rose, I am glad that you are safe and the fire is not a current threat. I am also grateful to Nancy! Sleep well tonight.

Virginia, I am sorry that I made you eat the peanut butter cups. I buy the bags of milk chocolate mini peanut butter cups. Yum. Alas, I am out of them.

It’s eerie here tonight. It’s 68 at almost 11:15 PM and humid and windy. We were supposed to get torrential rains but we had drizzle off and on instead. Tomorrow is to be sunny and cool and dry.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

7. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Happy Halloween from the elusive Snowy Owl!

9. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Happy Halloween everybody!
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

11. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Hello jingle :)

Yes, Rose, when I see teens in my infusion center, battling cancer, it is so damn unfair that teens have to deal with such a heavy disease. Any heavy disease.

13. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

My celebration of Halloween was going to Walmart at 11:45 PM and loading a cart with half-price candy. Last night I spent $109.83 and managed to get such a load into the trunk of my car. My next door neighbor has a special use for some and the rest I'll take to the local Food Pantry.

15. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

What a thoughtful thing to do, jingle. Kudos to you!

17. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Jingle, that must have been quite a chore - putting that much candy in the trunk of the car. As Nuthatch said, it really was a thoughtful thing to do on Halloween.
    Virginia

19. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast