Thread: Nothing to say

Hybrid View

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Default Nothing to say

I don't have a thing to say worth space ….. but here I sit.
    The cats are sound asleep, my laundry is done, bed is changed, week supply of medication is sorted out, what I'll wear to church tomorrow is ready to go, blah blah blah.
    I did make a really good soup..... It's supposed to be made in a crock pot, but I made it on stove as usual.
    Betty Crocker's
    Slow-Cooker Smoked Sausage and Bean Soup

1 lb small red potatoes, each cut into 8 pieces (about 3 cups)
    4 medium carrots, sliced (2 cups) SAVE $
    1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
    1 medium stalk celery, sliced (1/2 cup)
    2 cans (15 oz each) navy or cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
    1 carton (32 oz) Progresso™ chicken broth (4 cups)
    1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
    1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
    1 lb fully cooked kielbasa sausage, cut in half lengthwise, then into 1/4-inch slices
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

1 Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, mix all ingredients except sausage and parsley.
    2 Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 9 hours.
    3 Stir in sausage and parsley. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 30 minutes longer or until sausage is hot.
    Slow-Cooker Smoked Sausage and Bean Soup

2. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sounds awesome, I have become quite fond of my slowcooker but I need a bigger one. I had a big one that the crock handle broke off of so I asked for a new one for Christmas. I got one but it is half the size. I have beans cooked and froze but I used great northern white beans. Have never tried cannellini beans.

I never use cannellini … I always use great northern or navy. If I'm feeling wild and crazy I use pinto

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My mom use to make pea soup in a similar way. I loved it but am a bit leery of trying it myself. I have her old cook book with hand written recipes in it. Her gumbo recipe is in there. People use to pay her to make that for them. I would love to try that.

6. The following user says "thanks"

I've never made a gumbo. I've seen so many and such different recipes -- I have no idea what to try.
    I think my next soup will be something very simple called Chicken Enchilada Soup. It's fast, easy and good.

I have all the stuff for making cookies spread out over the counter...….. I wish I could make myself go away from this thing and get to work.

uuggghhhh -- this morning I'm waiting for repairmen coming to fix my garage door. They looked at it yesterday and showed me the HORRIBLE broken spring. They said it was in such bad shape it ...blah blah blah. It HAS to be fixed. My poor little car spent the night outside.

Distinguished Community Member

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/201...res-behaviour/

UK: National Health Service to Deny Treatment for ‘Racist or Sexist Language, Gestures, Behaviour’

the reverse gospel i guess"now its if your enemy hungers kick their teeth in"?
    Last edited by clouds z; 11-05-2019 at 11:21 AM.
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

19* Nineteen Degrees at 7AM !! Good grief, it's COLD. And at 8:30 I have to take off OUTSIDE.

Distinguished Community Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7-YVOj3u1M New Hampshire Man Admits To Voting Twice - Violating State and Federal Laws
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

12. The following user says "thanks"