Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So, 7 stitches on my forehead...!

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Default So, 7 stitches on my forehead...!

I was busy loading plants into my car for tomorrow morning’s farmers market. I run my car all night to keep them from freezing. I was just about finished when I tripped into the greenhouse and hit my head. Not sure on what but it bled a lot and I spent a few minutes in a lot of pain.

Came in the house and looked to see what the internet had to say. So I put a compress on it for half an hour and the bleeding stopped. Until I moved! So, off to urgent care around the corner. It was quite swollen by then and looked very ragged. The people there thought I might have fractured my skull and/or might have bleeding into the brain. I needed a CAT scan. So, they called an ambulance and off I went.

Got to emergency room, never got into a room but, within 2 hours I had a CAT scan which showed I was ok, the doc put 7 stitches in my nasty cut, washed the dried blood from my hair, gave me instructions and let me go. The efficiency in both places was incredible.

And then, I planned to go out to the lobby and ask them to call me a taxi. But, I saw a taxi just pulling in to drop people off so I went outside and asked the driver if he would take me the 20 miles home. Yes. So, within a minute of being discharged I was on my way home!

Every single person was great. They all understood my need to get home and my plan to go to market and they helped. This was perfect medical care in America!

Wish me luck. The doc said my head would be sore when the numbing agents wear off!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

WOW Linda! Sorry that happened, but glad no serious damage was done. You did good getting all the tests done to make sure. Now time to heal!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Scary, Linda! Eventually maybe you can figure out what made you fall and remove the obstacle or condition that caused it (maybe a slick spot somewhere?). For now I hope you're taking it easy. Can someone go to the farmer's market for you (or with you) tomorrow?

So glad you got to medical attention--and how nice that the transportation worked out well.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

Distinguished Community Member

Oh my, Linda! So glad you are OK and that the universe was purring along today.

Best of luck at the market tomorrow. Bring us another story.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Lazarus)))))) ~

Ouch! I'm sure that was frightening. I'm thankful that you were treated quickly and able to have safe transportation. I hope the doctor also ruled out a concussion. You've had a trauma, so maybe it would be a good idea to just rest this weekend.

Healing prayers on the way for you ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

6. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bring us another story. ANN
    But one with an accident free outcome!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Lazarus)))))) ~

Start thinking of clever responses to the question, "What happened to your head?"

How about, "This? Oh, that's nothing. You should see the deer!"

Or, "I should have read the Yelp reviews on my plastic surgeon. I asked for a face lift."

Or, "Raccoon ... In my dryer ..."

I hope you're getting some rest now.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

9. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Ow! I'm so glad you didn't injure your skull or brain! Prayers that it doesn't hurt.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

11. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ((((((Lazarus)))))) ~

Start thinking of clever responses to the question, "What happened to your head?"

How about, "This? Oh, that's nothing. You should see the deer!"

Or, "I should have read the Yelp reviews on my plastic surgeon. I asked for a face lift."

Or, "Raccoon ... In my dryer ..."

I hope you're getting some rest now.

Love & Light,

Rose
    This had me rolling on the floor laughing! HAHAHAHAHA! Great stuff Rose!
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

13. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

For anyone who is awake.....I am going to my market tomorrow. It is a week’s pay but going is important for so many reasons. And I am a tough !

But,for those of you who have stitches. There is a clear bandage over the soft gauze bandage. Some leaking going on so the blood is visible . Not a problem as the internet says a little oozing is normal. So, true? I won’t take off the bandage they put on....but put a wide sterile bandaid patch over the hospital’s bandage.

Anyone have experience with stitches where there is some leaking....remember, I hit my head where there are a lot of vessels to bleed so that part looks worse than it is...right?

When I get home from market I will be able to go to the original urgent care place and get help changing the whole bandage...the place is literally around the corner from my. Farm.
    Last edited by Lazarus; 10-18-2019 at 09:00 PM.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

15. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast