Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So, 7 stitches on my forehead...!

Distinguished Community Member

Linda, sorry I have no answers for you, but what you say sounds about right. I am glad you are going to apply a sterile band aid patch over the other one. I would not be doing more lifting and bending than is necessary, however I realize you have to do some or there would not be any point in going.

I think you should definitely go to the urgent care when you get home in case it needs cleaning, and let them change the whole bandage.

Hope you will do well at the market.
    Virginia

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think some leakage is to be expected, and not to worry unless it smells bad and/or pus is present, or if it's swollen or inflamed around the edges.

I found this:

https://www.medicinenet.com/caring_f...ures/views.htm
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For anyone who is awake.....I am going to my market tomorrow. It is a week’s pay but going is important for so many reasons. And I am a tough !

But,for those of you who have stitches. There is a clear bandage over the soft gauze bandage. Some leaking going on so the blood is visible . Not a problem as the internet says a little oozing is normal. So, true? I won’t take off the bandage they put on....but put a wide sterile bandaid patch over the hospital’s bandage.

Anyone have experience with stitches where there is some leaking....remember, I hit my head where there are a lot of vessels to bleed so that part looks worse than it is...right?

When I get home from market I will be able to go to the original urgent care place and get help changing the whole bandage...the place is literally around the corner from my. Farm.
    I had stitches above my eye once A LONG TIME AGO,so I don't remember if it leaked but I would think minor drainage is normal.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by funnylegs4 View Post
    I had stitches above my eye once A LONG TIME AGO,so I don't remember if it leaked but I would think minor drainage is normal.
    That was a.very good and clear description of what to do. Thanks very much. It was just the information I needed.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Late to the party here!
    Laz, what can I say? You are living a story book life and living up to your byline, “Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!”

Ditto on possible concussion. Be very mindful this morning at market. Maybe, enlist customer help re bending over and lifting?

Is John home, BTW? Did I miss something here? Or is he still in Boston?

Head wounds bleed terribly, I should know re surfing accidents, and also when my child looked like ran into an axe just from minor head wound involving running into a set of teeth.

I guess main thing to watch for is infection and concussion. I agree with ANN— bring back stories about today’s adventure at the market looking like a victim of domestic violence or worse...On second thought, don’t bring John, they will glare at him as though he was the cause of your head wound...

Love the jokes from Rose :)

10. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Late to the party here!
    Laz, what can I say? You are living a story book life and living up to your byline, “Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!”

Ditto on possible concussion. Be very mindful this morning at market. Maybe, enlist customer help re bending over and lifting?

Is John home, BTW? Did I miss something here? Or is he still in Boston?

Head wounds bleed terribly, I should know re surfing accidents, and also when my child looked like ran into an axe just from minor head wound involving running into a set of teeth.

I guess main thing to watch for is infection and concussion. I agree with ANN— bring back stories about today’s adventure at the market looking like a victim of domestic violence or worse...On second thought, don’t bring John, they will glare at him as though he was the cause of your head wound...

Love the jokes from Rose :)
    John does a Saturday market in Amherst which he was involved with starting about 48 years ago. It is alwYs fun when customers who have become friends at one market suddenly realize that the two of us are connected.!

I did the market...went ok. My head is ok but it hurts and I now have deep blue bruises on my arm. It was quite a fall!

So glad to be home....I hope I sleep tonight.

No interesting stories. It was just enough to handle everything. And I did handle everything. Sometimes boring is exciting!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Lazarus)))))) ~

If you have Witch Hazel, I recommend that you soak a paper towel with it, then apply it to your bruises. You can put some plastic wrap over the paper towel and adhere with some paper or cloth tape. Leave it on as long as possible. It will reduce swelling and bruising. Try elevating your arm with a pillow too.

Is your wound still draining?

Sending healing prayers your way ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    That was a.very good and clear description of what to do. Thanks very much. It was just the information I needed.
    You're very welcome! Glad I could help. Watch to see if you get dizzy or lightheaded. If you get dizzy sit down immediately and then get checked by a doctor. I'm glad the market trip went well.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Just catching up here. Sorry to hear of your mishap, hope you're on the mend now.

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

If your head still hurts today, get in to see doc again, to rule out subsequent brain bleeding. Please!

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast