Hey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey

My names astralie or Ashlyn. I'm a 15 year old female from Ireland with a spinal cord injury.
    I'm a C5 complete quadriplegic so I'm paralyzed from around the collarbone down with some arm movement (I can turn my palms up and down, move my elbows a bit and my shoulders up and down)
    Due to the spinal injury my breathing is weak as well.
    I also have quite bad Anemia with mild epilepsy.
    I spend most of my time at home playing games, watching youtube and doing school work.
    As for getting around I use a powerchair when I'm going out as I can't use my triceps though I use a manual usually at home.
    At school my favourite subject is chemistry and my favourite colour is purple.

Originally posted by astralie View Post
    My names astralie or Ashlyn. I'm a 15 year old female from Ireland with a spinal cord injury.
    I'm a C5 complete quadriplegic so I'm paralyzed from around the collarbone down with some arm movement (I can turn my palms up and down, move my elbows a bit and my shoulders up and down)
    Due to the spinal injury my breathing is weak as well.
    I also have quite bad Anemia with mild epilepsy.
    I spend most of my time at home playing games, watching youtube and doing school work.
    As for getting around I use a powerchair when I'm going out as I can't use my triceps though I use a manual usually at home.
    At school my favourite subject is chemistry and my favourite colour is purple.
    Hi astralie or Ashlyn,

You've been down a rocky road but it sounds as if you're keeping up with the schoolwork and getting out and about too.

Hope you're looking around here and maybe trying out some of the forums. You're more apt to get replies if you pick forums where people have been showing up fairly recently as you probably know.

I hang out at the MS forum and am not a regular visitor on other forums here but I happened to notice your post. Feel free to post away on any of the forums that appeal to you.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Thanks, I'll try look around

Comment

hey astralie ,

you could try out our "emotional support" forum. we're a bunch of people with various medical problems who sometimes like to vent about our medical probs, but mostly we talk about a wide variety of topics ranging from the weather, gardening, hobbies, pets, men...lol...just whatever is on our minds. some people post more regularly, some less often, but someone usually posts about every 4 days. if we got a new member, we just might get nosy and post more

these forums are a small group of people. many of us have been posting here 10+ years...some 20. some people post on a few forums, but everybody is so friendly and if you just jump in, someone will respond!

i think sometimes we don't want to talk about our medical probs, we just want someone to acknowledge us, some attention. nothing wrong with that.

people need other people and human interaction enriches our lives.

hope you stick around and tell us more about yourself. oh, my good friends just went on a trip to ireland with our church group. they left wednesday night. i think they'll be there for10 days or so. they were kind of bummed that the remains of the hurricane might cause rainy weather during their stay. how's the weather?

thanks for sharing,
        jeannie
        Last edited by tic chick; 10-04-2019, 07:26 PM.
        WE ARE BT!
        "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
        "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
        "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Comment

Working...
        X