Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: October Chitchat

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or, do as Floridians do: Dress in layers, always have a raincoat in the car and a hoodie. Could by 90 outside, but 65 in overchilled businesses or homes.

IVIG all day today....hope for a good response. Doc said to go back to alternate weeks for now.
    That’s what I did. Every other week for 8 years.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Mom and I had the senior flu shot today about ten hours ago. We’ve had no problems. Grateful for that.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I had the senior flu shot a couple of weeks ago. No problems.

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

IVIG went well, without incident.

Saw neuro. He will increase IVIG back to alternate weeks. And, he is fine with me taking an ativan pill every day. This is a huge game changer.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Sunshine, so glad to hear all this. I would think the Ativan would be a game changer. I am happy that you will get just a little relief.
    Virginia

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's really good, Sunshine. It must be terribly hard to fine-tune things so that you can avoid at least some of the spasticity.

I was at the eye doctor yesterday, where once again cataract surgery was promoted. This doctor is OK for updating glasses rx's for my 3 types of glasses (bifocals for ordinary use, computer glasses, rx sunglasses) but I might want to go to a different ophthalmologist if I ever had an eye problem that was difficult.

He's promoted cataract surgery every time I've seen him in the last 10 years, and yet when I asked for the chart notes I found that I'm listed as a smoker (I'm not), and there's no mention of MS whatsoever. I'd say he may be more eager to do cataract surgery on patients than to get to know much about them.

My best corrected vision yesterday was 20/40 in the right and 20/60 in the left, but it's often been like that in the last 40 years. He thinks cataract surgery would improve it--I'm not so sure.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's really good, Sunshine. It must be terribly hard to fine-tune things so that you can avoid at least some of the spasticity.

I was at the eye doctor yesterday, where once again cataract surgery was promoted. This doctor is OK for updating glasses rx's for my 3 types of glasses (bifocals for ordinary use, computer glasses, rx sunglasses) but I might want to go to a different ophthalmologist if I ever had an eye problem that was difficult.

He's promoted cataract surgery every time I've seen him in the last 10 years, and yet when I asked for the chart notes I found that I'm listed as a smoker (I'm not), and there's no mention of MS whatsoever. I'd say he may be more eager to do cataract surgery on patients than to get to know much about them.

My best corrected vision yesterday was 20/40 in the right and 20/60 in the left, but it's often been like that in the last 40 years. He thinks cataract surgery would improve it--I'm not so sure.
    Yes, it can improve it. BBut often doesnt. It DOES take the cloud and amber looking from what you are seeing. Everything is brighter and clearer.

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Today was one of the kind of days I like....I started 4 hours of sunflower cutting at 8:00 this morning. It was quite windy and around 50°. Quite pleasant really. We had not expected there to be so many sunflowers again this week but, there they were. Because crops had died which were on either side of the 4 rows of sunflowers I had my scooter by my side.

While I was doing that two guys were knocking down benches that needed rebuilding in my greenhouse. So all plants on the collapsing benches were moved.

Then I loaded my car and trailer with plants and crops for Saturday’s market. I must be about 75% loaded.

Now I am tired. Dirty. Full of junk food. And nursing my thumb that got in the way of my hammer. I am one satisfied woman.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

What’s the junk food connection?

Today the PT admin came to sign me up for home health PT. Next step is to schedule an appointment with the PT person.
    Taking ativan each day now to keep pain under control, and allowing more walking than before which had been nil.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

We are safely home.
    I love just being home. :-)
    Very tired, though.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast